26-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-12-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013 (passport mailed out on 04-06-2013 and received on 07-06-2013)
I would be willing to help if you are interested although I am not sold on the idea of the petition. There has always been a huge variation between the speed with which various offices process applications. they will just give examples of cases being processed faster from other countries and use the backlog and limited staff to explain this discrepancy if they do ever bother to reply to this.

Mockava said:
Just a suggestion....

I understand this is going arround and finally you want it to go to the minister? If that is the case, please fix at least spelling errors before you send it around, it kind of looks unprofessional.

Don't want to pick on anybody, but just a suggestion to fix if not too late. One thing is to be active in the forum where nobody cares about your grammar and spelling and completely different if you try to present something....

I would offer my help, but I am not good at this as well, but I am sure there are people who can help if you ask.

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
kmsn07 said:
"Fair and faster processing of parents sponsership applications by CIC"

Ottawa office sending medicals request for 2008 applicants when 2007 applicants are still waiting at LVO and have not received visas,.many have not even received medical requests.. 2008 applicants are getting visas before 2007 applicants.. RAISE YOUR VOICE BEFORE THEY COMPLETELY SHUN OUT 2007 APPLICANTS

Pls visit & Sign the PETITION-
avaaz.org/en/petition/Fair_and_faster_processing_of_parents_sponsership_applications_by_CIC/?ftPZmdb&pv=0

Why this is important
Petition for faster processing of parents sponsorship applications by Canadian Immigration council ..Thousands of parents are waiting to reunite with their children since 5 years.. Processing times should be faster at all visa offices.. Majority of applicants with files at LVO (local visa office) have to wait much longer than those whose files are at Ottawa office .. CIC stopped taking new applications and promised to cut the backlog but after the release of 2012 q1 data it seems the processing times are even longer now..
thanks for link, I just signed the petition and all the applicants should sign it, not picking or pointing anyone but people say we should wait and watch (we already waited more than 4.5 years, how long should the wait be?), its totally unacceptable and unfair when 2008 files are processed before 2007

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
cslave said:
2012Q1 has been released at sponsorourparents website. No significant sign of improvement !!!Same speed !!!! Singapore even slower only finalize 180 vs 271 was in 2001Q4. Hope following quarter will bring some hope.

http://www.sponsorourparents.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49:2012q1-parents-and-grandparents-immigration-application-in-process-aboard&catid=4:processiontimes&Itemid=7

http://www.sponsorourparents.org/
avaaz.org/en/petition/Fair_and_faster_processing_of_parents_sponsership_applications_by_CIC/?ftPZmdb&pv=0

I have signed the petition, something has to be done for faster processing and I think this may make a difference

raju735

Jun 3, 2012

i have signed the petition, something has to be done for faster processing, we have waited enough, I think by signing petition may make a difference

asidhu5

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa : Sponsoring Mom,presently visiting Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2009
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011 Doc's Submitted: 23-02-2012
AOR Received.
29-03-2012
File Transfer...
13-04-2012
Med's Request
19-06-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012 Med Delivered CPP-O: 09-07-2012 Med Received E-cas: 26-07-2012
Passport Req..
29-10-2012 Submitted VFS Chd: 19-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2012
LANDED..........
Landing 24-02-2013
If your case goes to ottawa, u can get medicals done in toronto. I did the same thing for my mom.

I also suggest you become ur mother's unpaid representative.

Tamila0507 said:
Hi everyone!

I just picked up my mail. My application GOT APPROVED. I am so happy. :p
I mailed all the additional docs they requested on June 25th and the approval letter dated July 6th.
Now I am wondering how long it's gonna take to get medical forms.

Does anybody know if my mom could have her medical check up done here in Toronto without flying back home? She is living with me on a visitor visa.

Subh-Mit-INDIA

Star Member
Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov-2007
Doc's Request.
Nov-2011
Nomination.....
Doc Sent Feb-2012
AOR Received.
May-2012
File Transfer...
May-2012
Med's Request
Nov-2012
Med's Done....
Dec-2012
Passport Req..
Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
raju735 said:
avaaz.org/en/petition/Fair_and_faster_processing_of_parents_sponsership_applications_by_CIC. I have signed the petition, something has to be done for faster processing and I think this may make a difference
I have signed it, you all please do it for us.......

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
Shuga said:
i believe that AOR can be either by regular mail or e-mail... you told that you have received AOR... was it by regular mail? i doubt that you will receive another one using different correspondence method... i believe CIC is sending only one AOR...
I got the regular mail not email.

Tamila0507

May 22, 2012
asidhu5 - Thank you :D

How would I know if my case gets transferred to Ottawa? Why would they send it there? What's for?
I thought my case here in Canada is closed and now all the documents are sent to Ukraine. And the embassy there would give my family members med. docs and request police certificates. Am I wrong?

Shuga

Nov 26, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2012
Med's Done....
03-03-2012 and 03-07-2012
Tamila0507 said:
How would I know if my case gets transferred to Ottawa? Why would they send it there? What's for?
I thought my case here in Canada is closed and now all the documents are sent to Ukraine.
CIC opened a pilot project and send some cases to Ottawa for processing instead of local visa office (for example Kiev). If the case is forwarded to Ottawa then medical request comes from Ottawa (usually by e-mail), not from the local office...

your sponsorship approval letter should have information about where the case is forwarded - local visa office or Ottawa (CPP-O)...

you can do medicals in Canada even if your case is in Kiev - it does not matter...

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
FASTEST SERVICE I HAVE EVER SEEN

PCC in 2 days from Vancouver Indian Consulate. The same would have taken 1 month in Mumbai after running around 2-3 offices with all kinda of paperwork

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/831/pcc2.jpg

Passport is also stamped saying thy provided PCC with corresponding FILE #

Lattetoo

Jul 13, 2012
I have been watching this forum for awhile and finally decided to contribute.
My permanent residence e-cas status changed to "in process". The file was transferred to LVO (Moscow) at end of February. Sponsorship application date is September 2008
I understand that medical request is the next step. Is that what everyone's experience has been?

HB15030

Mar 1, 2011
june_bug said:
My mom is here in Canada for a visit. Medical request was sent to my mom's home country. Is it possible to have medical exam here in Canada? According to the letter, medical exam should be done within 45 days from date of letter. The letter was dated June 21st but was received on July 9th. Should I count Saturdays and Sundays in calculating 45 days? We are planning to have the medical request letter to be sent here in Canada from my home country but would take time. Is it possible to get scanned copy of the medical request letter so we can present it to the doctor? Any idea how much is medical exam fee here in Canada? We are located in Toronto. Please help....
Hi june_bug

I also received a letter requesting for additional documents and passport dated June 19th from the Canadian embassy in Manila sent here at my address in British Columbia, Canada but no medical request.

Did you get the letter for additional documents and medical request at the same time? Did you use your Canadian address as your Mum's mailing address? I am confused as I thought I should receive the medical request first before the passport request.

Let me know.

Thanks

HB15030

Sana7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
07-06-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
12-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
Tamila0507 said:
asidhu5 - Thank you :D

I thought my case here in Canada is closed and now all the documents are sent to Ukraine. And the embassy there would give my family members med. docs and request police certificates. Am I wrong?
Hi Tamila: I see from the timelines spreadsheet, your file has been transferred to Ukraine. There is an observation made on this site that majority of cases with dependents (as in your case) are sent to LVO as it is believed a local knowledge may be required in such cases. Were you notified about the file transfer via a letter or e-mail and was it sent to your parents' or your address/ e-mail contact? Thanks, Sana.

Sana7

Star Member
Jun 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-03-2012
AOR Received.
07-06-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Med's Request
11-09-2012
Med's Done....
12-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
March 2013
From the spreadsheet I see that there are only entries for police certificates requests made after the decision is made. Although there are absolutely no updates on my ecas except "Application received" and I am in the dark about the status of my application except the letter stating that my application was received and complete, I was asked to submit police certificates with the March 30th documents request. I believe, I saw others reporting the same experience? Should we have this entered in the spreadsheet to compare our experiences?

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lattetoo, experiences vary from office to office. In Ottawa, there is a request for medicals first and then status changes to ' in process'. Apparently, in MOW, based on your experience, it is other way around. So yes, the next step for you will be a request to submit a PCC and undergo medical examination.