Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
next7flight said:
Monday has been passed. Been 4months 10days since passports has been sent.
It's really frustrating. God I want my passports with visa asap.
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I am litterly cryinggg :(
Pls make coming Tuesday happiest n luckiest for me ???
Considering what has happened to few members with dependents, sometimes no news is good news

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Suin said:
What is that DNA testing about? They don't doubt your parents?! What's the point for us spend so many years waiting and hoping to bring strangers to Canada and support them for 10 years?
Due to few bad apples, its spoilt for everyone, I mean what did they do before DNA testing was there? they wanna make sure its a genuine person, afterall it's a sponsored entry and there are people willing to pay $$$ to be someone's brother to come here

At the same time, they ask for new born babies too, I mean isn't a family entitled to bring a child anyway

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
39 said:
after jan 02 letter we received a leter almost two months , they said why she abandoned the course and joined other course she did BA and after pgdca, MSC computer science, after she joined MA English part 1 , she failed twice, and joined MA history, now she have all continous study.on the letter they mentioned that there is no right of appeal at IRB
I believe it's the changing of courses here - they interpretation of "dependent above 22" should be studing probably means the same course or very similar in continuation but their requirement leaves lot of room for speculation. I mean why even have it when you going to scrutinize the course, either have below 22 or not

Consult atleast 3-4 immigration lawyers ( not consultants ) for appeal process, as it's easy to grab a fee for 2K and then says "we tried", ask for chances on such cases as from what we have read There was a link posted here about this same issue and the appeal was rejected as IRB didn't find any errors on the officers part

Your sister can consider student visa if everything fails

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user828 said:
I believe it's the changing of courses here - they interpretation of "dependent above 22" should be studing probably means the same course or very similar in continuation but their requirement leaves lot of room for speculation. I mean why even have it when you going to scrutinize the course, either have below 22 or not

Consult atleast 3-4 immigration lawyers ( not consultants ) for appeal process, as it's easy to grab a fee for 2K and then says "we tried", ask for chances on such cases as from what we have read There was a link posted here about this same issue and the appeal was rejected as IRB didn't find any errors on the officers part

Your sister can consider student visa if everything fails
i talked with immigration lawyer in Vancouver downtown, he is saying we can do federal juditial review, it cost final herring about $10000 plus tax

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
39 said:
i talked with immigration lawyer in Vancouver downtown, he is saying we can do federal juditial review, it cost final herring about $10000 plus tax
Is that 1k or 10k?

Please consult few more and ask for chances

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
user828 said:
Got this form Spouse ND 2012 thread

For all those desperately waiting after Inprocess..like me

All about BF'D :

BF'D is an acronym for "Bring Forward Date" in the Canadian PR processing system. Usually our file moves from BF'D to BF'D, as it is the day/date next earmarked by our VO to check our file. This actually serves to eliminate unnecessary clogging of the system... that if there is nothing further to add in a particular file, the VO moves to another case file to work on, rather than holding onto the same one.

What happens on a BF'D
In simple terms it is the date that the file will be looked at [again], assessed, reviewed by your case handling officer at the CHC. S/he will check if anything is lacking, any further queries to be made [to you], any documents to be asked or if any decisive action is to be made/taken. Basically it serves as a 'Reminder Tool' to the case processing officer & that your file is not 'forgotten'.

Now, if the VO observes that something is lacking [that which was asked for], s/he will probably attempt to contact you on this BF'D day and mark another BF'D on your file. This depends on the subject of check [the all time phrase 'Case-to-Case' basis]. Sometimes, if the check report warrants, the VO might not give you another opportunity and take a decisive action. Note: The situation is fluid & no one can really provide a sanguine comment on it.

Will the file be 'only' looked at a BF'D
No. If something like reports, results, documents etc. [eg. background/security checks] comes to the CHC in between, your file gets opened and assessed. However, if nothing is received in between, you get another BF'D. Note once again: If they are waiting for something and it comes as expected then the file continues to be processed further, if not then the file will be next reviewed on the BFD 'only'.

An Example
Every time we get a letter/email from the CHC -it carries a 'time limit' to submit something, right? Say 45 days, 60 days or 90 days... the ending day of that time limit is our next BF'D. As an example, if the CHC sent you a medical request [alongwith the forms] on 02 Jan 2010; and it carries a 60 day's deadline -it means your file has been marked with the next BF'D of 01 Mar 2010.

However, if your medical results are received before the BF'D [01 Mar 2010], say on 05 Feb 2010 -your file will be further processed on that day itself [05 Feb 2010]. If the med results didn't come by earlier, then it will be opened on 01 Mar 2010 -the BF'D day.

How many BF'Ds we get
Some BF'Ds are 'routine', as exampled above. Then there are some which is either case generated or because of us. By 'case generated' I mean, [eg.] if one's Security Report is pending from an external agency -the VO gives a BF'D & waits. If the report comes in time, action is taken. If it doesn't, one gets another BF'D. And the situation continues...

By 'because of us'* I mean if the VO had asked us for a document [or a couple of them]. It is wise that we proceed to submit the document/s asap. Reason? The case moves faster [read: it'll open before the BF'D]. If we don't, s/he may try to contact us on the BF'D day & log another BF'D on our file [result: Delay/s].

Delays due to BF'Ds
As stated above, except the 'routine' ones, other BF'Ds do delay our process. At the least [best scenario] each BF'D would be a month apart. Some might be more. The ideal action on our part is to submit anything that has been asked for asap. That would negate a BF'D. However, there can be times that something we just might not be able to send asap. In that case we 'must' send it by the 'deadline' -that'd avoid another BF'D, won't it?

*Many Consultants [so called agents] erroneously advise us otherwise. Stating, "Oh you got the meds, don't worry you have time till 60 days to do it". That's a 'bull'. I'd advise -do it asap, if the speed of your case process matters to you.

This post I chose to write 'coz many members are either clueless about the BF'D issue or take it lightly. Which, albeit causes delays [without our actual intention]. Moreover, there are repeated queries on the subject in various threads. I hope this helped...
Qorax
dont know to what extent this is true or make sense, i rec'd letter to submit my moms' personal history. the letter was dated 15th feb and they requested to submit it in 30 days i.e 15th march. The required info. was couriered ND on 27th Feb, but till date i m waiting and ecas says "IN PROCESS"
the deadline was 30 days but the info was sent 16 days earlier, so BFD should not be an issue here and status S/B showing DM or i should have rec'd visa by now
The requested info is sent more than 15 days earlier, so as per this, they should have taken my file for further process and DM should have been done

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
raju735 said:
dont know to what extent this is true or make sense, i rec'd letter to submit my moms' personal history. the letter was dated 15th feb and they requested to submit it in 30 days i.e 15th march. The required info. was couriered ND on 27th Feb, but till date i m waiting and ecas says "IN PROCESS"
the deadline was 30 days but the info was sent 16 days earlier, so BFD should not be an issue here and status S/B showing DM or i should have rec'd visa by now
The requested info is sent more than 15 days earlier, so as per this, they should have taken my file for further process and DM should have been done
I agree, have the same - but this info was floating on Spouse thread. I wondered the same, if my due date is 15th March for eg, and my stuff reached them on 5th, would anyone take a look at it or the system will prompt only on 15th and this could be coincidence but when I sent my paperwork which reached on 5th and my due date was 15th, my address change in ecas happened on 15th - which kind led me to believe that they opened on 15th itself

I am actually surprised that your single mother case is so simply and yet it's taken this long

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
user828 said:
I agree, have the same - but this info was floating on Spouse thread. I wondered the same, if my due date is 15th March for eg, and my stuff reached them on 5th, would anyone take a look at it or the system will prompt only on 15th and this could be coincidence but when I sent my paperwork which reached on 5th and my due date was 15th, my address change in ecas happened on 15th - which kind led me to believe that they opened on 15th itself

I am actually surprised that your single mother case is so simply and yet it's taken this long
it is taking long and will take long, coz the way CIC works in a lethargic way. they request something and give a specific date to return the docs and even if the docs are sent way ahead of deadline they don't bother to look, they open the doc after deadline and then they find something missing and then request again and give 1 or 2 months time, till then file goes in hibernation.
in this way it takes forever.

sponsorazer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC - Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-2008
Doc's Request.
11-2011
AOR Received.
05-2012
File Transfer...
12-2012
Med's Request
12-2013
Med's Done....
12-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
Suin said:
any thoughts about this?

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2012/06/14/ottawa_loses_legal_battle_over_immigration_backlog.html
well, from what I understood - it only affects the applicants of Skilled workers program...

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017

Please ask for other opinion on main thread, perhaps there will be some with same experience. Ask for more immigration lawyers too, don't rely on one persons reply
Be strong, I know the news is devastating

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
user828 said:

Please ask for other opinion on main thread, perhaps there will be some with same experience. Ask for more immigration lawyers too, don't rely on one persons reply
Be strong, I know the news is devastating
thanks user828 I hope u will positive response from embassy, so which thred I can put my problem, please advise me

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/family-class-sponsorship-b5.0/

next7flight

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 march 2014
user828 said:
Considering what has happened to few members with dependents, sometimes no news is good news
May b u r right but how long we have to wait. Enough is enough. I m really worried after seeing here how dependents r getting refusals. It's depressing.
What's d point of family reunion I they r refusing dependents.
Plzzzzx God send my pp bck with maple leaf stamp.
I won't b abt to survive with anything negative :(
Waheguru helppppppppopp :'(

Cgill

Sep 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 2015
File Transfer...
June 2016
Med's Request
June 2016
Med's Done....
Oct 2016
Passport Req..
Dec 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 2017
39 said:
Hi 39, i think it is because of ba after pgdca. But don,t give up. Try your best.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
http://www.canlii.org/eliisa/highlight.do?text=+dependent+child+immigration&language=en&searchTitle=Search+all+CanLII+Databases&path=/en/ca/fct/doc/2007/2007fc279/2007fc279.html

This is an application for judicial review of a decision of an immigration officer rendered on February 24, 2006, finding that Ms. Shavinder Kaur Vehniwal (Shavinder) did not meet the definition of "dependent child" as per section 2 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, SOR/2002-227 (IRPR) and, as such, Shavinder was deleted from the permanent resident application of her father, Parshotam Singh Vehniwal (Mr. Vehniwal).

39 said:
after jan 02 letter we received a leter almost two months , they said why she abandoned the course and joined other course she did BA and after pgdca, MSC computer science, after she joined MA English part 1 , she failed twice, and joined MA history, now she have all continous study.on the letter they mentioned that there is no right of appeal at IRB
Very Similar to your case

Evidence was presented that Shavinder began to pursue a Master's degree program in Punjabi in 2001. In 2002, she failed the first year of her Master's degree program (Tribunal Record, Department of Correspondence Studies – Panjab University, page 61.) In 2003, she passed Part I of her Master's degree program and as of July 29, 2003, she was enrolled in Part II of her Master's degree program (Tribunal Record, pages 62-64).

On February 23, 2006, Shavinder was interviewed by an immigration officer as to her current student status. At that interview, Shavinder informed the immigration officer that in 2003 she switched to a Master's degree program in History. In 2005, after two years of failing exams, she switched to a Master's degree program in Political Science

================

The lawyers for above case were http://www.elgincannon.com/ ( the are in Vancouver )

So before you spend lot of money, consult them too as the appeal was rejected