Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
kandel said:
Seriously i m so mad right now...that should not be their problem..they cannot judge us. The rule for 22+ dependant is to study regularly, not to get married that's all. But i know they do whatever they feel like. I suggest you fight for it dear also ask MP to write letter on your behalf that you have waited from so many yrs and your sibling was studying regulary to do something in his/her life not just to come to Canada.
Kandel, MP has no power and cannot assist in their decision making. MP can only help in tracking app status, thats all they can do or request forms etc but not like browneagles case

Atleast they have given 30 days, there was another use with same case here right, any news from them

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
@Browneagle: Feel sorry for you. I recommend you start collecting all documentary evidence for the uninterrupted study, reasons why your brother took these courses. This would help you prove that your brother was dependent on your parents all this time. Hope other members with dependents would be able to help you with the necessary steps.

@maximux: In most of the cases, "Medicals Received" is the last step before a decision is made. So, now you just have to play the waiting game. We understand that it is frustrating. With CPP-O, once you receive the letter to mail the passports, you get it back within a week or two.

kandel

Jan 2, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 April 2008
Doc's Request.
1 March 2012 Doc's Submitted: 20 Apr 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
25 Sep 2012 AOR Received: 16 Mar 2013
Med's Request
03 June 2013
Med's Done....
12 June 2013 Dependant......: One
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03 June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
07 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
user828 said:
Kandel, MP has no power and cannot assist in their decision making. MP can only help in tracking app status, thats all they can do or request forms etc but not like browneagles case

Atleast they have given 30 days, there was another use with same case here right, any news from them
Yeah? But i thought they could atleast write a letter, i guess not.
No news from them i think they both are waiting for reply from ND.

next7flight

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 march 2014
Hi every, just been through last few posts of today. This "dependent child" defination has been a confusion always. Can anyone please clarify again what does it stands for.
I was 21.5yr old at the time of sponsorship in oct 2007.
What rules apply on me now?
What they expect from me at d moment to be eligible to get pr as dependent child.
Pls reply...

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
next7flight said:
Hi every, just been through last few posts of today. This "dependent child" defination has been a confusion always. Can anyone please clarify again what does it stands for.
I was 21.5yr old at the time of sponsorship in oct 2007.
What rules apply on me now?
What they expect from me at d moment to be eligible to get pr as dependent child.
Pls reply...
Aren't you studying now? or let me rephrase - shouldn't you be studying or enrolled in order to be classified as dependent?

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
kandel said:
Yeah? But i thought they could atleast write a letter, i guess not.
No news from them i think they both are waiting for reply from ND.
Aree yaar, that diligent, I don't think so they can't anyways. It's their 1st rule of thumb, cannot influence or ask to change decision which is correct as it should be left to Dept and there is always appeals process and I have read some cases, the boards side with officers when it comes to dependents case

next7flight

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 march 2014
user828 said:
Aren't you studying now? or let me rephrase - shouldn't you be studying or enrolled in order to be classified as dependent?
As far as I know full time student condition is for them who were over 22yr at d time of sponsorship.
I just need to be single
Coz I was below 22 at d time of sponsorship.
M I right?

ranja

Nov 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2008
AOR Received.
June 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-12-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013 (passport mailed out on 04-06-2013 and received on 07-06-2013)
next7flight said:
As far as I know full time student condition is for them who were over 22yr at d time of sponsorship.
I just need to be single
Coz I was below 22 at d time of sponsorship.
M I right?
that is correct as the legal definition but there are always these one off unfortunate situations that pop up.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
next7flight said:
M I right?
that's correct. afa you are concerned, since your medicals are already done (and status states Medicals Received) then you do not have to worry about the dependent issue - since you have already passed the "Eligibilty" stage (you would know this when you receive your GCMS notes)

next7flight

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 march 2014
ranja said:
that is correct as the legal definition but there are always these one off unfortunate situations that pop up.
Who qualifies as a dependent child?
R2 and Section 6 in this chapter describe who qualifies as a dependent child.
In order to meet R2(b)(i) of the definition of “dependent child”, a child must be under 22 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner on the date when the IMM 1344AE is received by CPC-M, and not a spouse or common-law partner when the visa is issued, and when they arrive in Canada.
Not a spouse or common-law partner means that the dependent child must not be married or involved in a common-law relationship. A dependent child who is single, divorced, widowed, or whose marriage has been annulled is not a spouse. Similarly, if the dependent child was involved in a common-law relationship but that relationship no longer exists, they may be considered to meet the definition.
R2(b)(ii) & (iii) describe children over the age of 22 who may be considered dependent children if they are substantially dependent on their parents for financial support. This includes full-time students enrolled in accredited post secondary institutions or children with a physical or mental condition. In such cases, officers must ask for documentary evidence of full time attendance at school, evidence of the institution's accreditation with the relevant authority, evidence of the physical or mental condition and evidence of financial dependency on parents.

next7flight

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 march 2014
sakamath said:
that's correct. afa you are concerned, since your medicals are already done (and status states Medicals Received) then you do not have to worry about the dependent issue - since you have already passed the "Eligibilty" stage (you would know this when you receive your GCMS notes)
Thanks sakamath, I hope so but it's always good to be active and be ready for worst just incase. U know knw abt cic.
Wel I have a another question....
We sent pp,pcc and additional documents on 22nov 2012 and we did not knew abt rprf.
On 5dec 2012 we got a letter from cic
New Delhi and they said - "THE FEE RECIEPT YOU HAVE SENT TO US IS OF PROCESSING FEE. YOUR SPONSOR IS REQUIRED TO PAY THE LANDING FEE FOR US TO
CONCLUDE YOUR PERMANENT APPLICATION STATUS"
My sponsor my sister also got this letter in Canada from Mississauga office and she paid the fees straightway via credit card.
After that she emailed the scanned copy to missisauga office and we mailed the copy of RECIEPT to New Delhi office. My question is -
Could it be a reason of delay in my decision making process? They might have picked my file and put it on side.
We have checked with cic call centre that landing fee has been encased abt a week after we paid it.
Usually people getting decision made with 2-4months and here it's 5th month goin on ?
Any comments?
Can they ask for more documentation now?
Ecas says in process - medical results have been recieved.
M really worried :(

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
next7flight said:
Any comments?
Can they ask for more documentation now?
M really worried :(
It is very unlikely, they would ask for any additional documents. On your GCMS notes, you would know if CPC-M has applied the RPRF to your application. You just have to wait and relax and not let the process drag you down. Before you know it, you'd get your passport back with the visa on it!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Ok, so the rule is

At time of sponsorship = below 22, then at time of finalization, needs to be single As for 22, needs to keep studying and also must be single

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
user828 said:
Ok, so the rule is

At time of sponsorship = below 22, then at time of finalization, needs to be single As for 22, needs to keep studying and also must be single
In addition, both category should continue to show that they are financially dependent on their parents.

next7flight

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 march 2014
sakamath said:
In addition, both category should continue to show that they are financially dependent on their parents.
Well I hav been a full time student in Australia since I got sponsored. I finished my course in nov 2012 and came to India to submit my passport.
It's just from nov till now I am free so but worried incase they ask what I am doing now!!! Otherwise it al good.
Thx guys...@sakamath and user828.