26-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-12-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013 (passport mailed out on 04-06-2013 and received on 07-06-2013)
sonu86 said:
Well, they didn't mention anything like that....it's written that if the explanation is not satisfactory, the decision will be made based on the information in the application.....however, one more thing coming to my mind is, can we make a request to consider the point that we are a nuclear family and since she was fully dependent on my father for all finances....if she is left alone, it will b hard for her to survive alone....
this logic wont work. the only way out of this is to show proof that she satisfies the requirements of being a dependent.

ranja

Nov 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2008
AOR Received.
June 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-12-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
just re-posting my question as i never got an answer.

"question for people who got passport back from lvo-nd.

was it returned through regular mail or courier service?"

Thanks.

apple_talk

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Pilot)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-01-2012
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Passport Req..
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
Anik said:
Apple_talk! My big congratulations to you! And the fact that you have to send passports to Ottawa makes it so much easier!

Did your status change to Decision made? Or did it change to that before the emai?

We got the PPR request (same text more or less as yours) last Monday but our status still showing as "In process" (our case is in Moscow LVO).
Has anyone experienced that - i.e. PPR for visas received but no status change to Decision made?

I was hoping that the status will change over the weekend (our LVO has bee pretty diligent so far with status updates), but nothing. Will check tomorrow (maybe they do refresh on tuesdays). Not sure if I shoudl be concerned - just being paranoid here I guess (especially because my parents are in Canada currently and we have not figured out how to deal with the passport request deadline yet, still have not heard back from our LVO with regaurds to my email inquiry about that)

Thanks Everyone :)

"Decision made" two weeks back. PPR today.

sonu86

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
Not received
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
kandel said:
[/b]

I dont know about that cic does not care at all...i know families where they they had to leave one child behind. But you can consult with lawyer and see what they say. I personally think your better point was the first one regarding her studies, have you talked to any lawyer or you think there is no point?
Yeah, they find one in Moga I think....let's see....her teacher said that they can provide in written that she got selected in the course based on her higher study points....and that also gona help her in the future by increasing her opportunities when there is a job opening....ok, one more thing the letter they send includes one line under 'Dependent Child' ....it says, 'continuously enrolled in and attending a post sec institute that is acredited by relevant govt authority and actively pursuing a course of academic, professional or vocational training on full time basis'....so read after and....this is exactly what she has done....professional training....God...don't know what this officer is looking for

waiting.....

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sonu86 said:
Yeah, they find one in Moga I think....let's see....her teacher said that they can provide in written that she got selected in the course based on her higher study points....and that also gona help her in the future by increasing her opportunities when there is a job opening....ok, one more thing the letter they send includes one line under 'Dependent Child' ....it says, 'continuously enrolled in and attending a post sec institute that is acredited by relevant govt authority and actively pursuing a course of academic, professional or vocational training on full time basis'....so read after and....this is exactly what she has done....professional training....God...don't know what this officer is looking for
hi sonu....
the definition says, " post-secondary institute" . i dont know from where ur sis did her diploma, but i think if u cud prove tht the institute is post secondary...tht might help;) wish u good luck.

waiting.....

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anik said:
Apple_talk! My big congratulations to you! And the fact that you have to send passports to Ottawa makes it so much easier!

Did your status change to Decision made? Or did it change to that before the emai?

We got the PPR request (same text more or less as yours) last Monday but our status still showing as "In process" (our case is in Moscow LVO).
Has anyone experienced that - i.e. PPR for visas received but no status change to Decision made?

I was hoping that the status will change over the weekend (our LVO has bee pretty diligent so far with status updates), but nothing. Will check tomorrow (maybe they do refresh on tuesdays). Not sure if I shoudl be concerned - just being paranoid here I guess (especially because my parents are in Canada currently and we have not figured out how to deal with the passport request deadline yet, still have not heard back from our LVO with regaurds to my email inquiry about that)
we had same situation last year wen my mother-in-law was here in canada n she was asked to submit her passport along with medical. we were told by new delhi office that she will have to go to india to submit her passport n ever since then she is sitting there waiting for visa..but nothing so far. ecas started showing 'in process' in sept (9 months after ppr) . ur case is little bit different as u r asked to submit passport after the medicals at different visa office than mine. but as a word of caution, i wud suggest u to make sure which stage of processing their case is? so even if they have to go back...they shd be coming back to canada soon!!

ranja

Nov 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2008
AOR Received.
June 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-12-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
waiting..... said:
hi sonu....
the definition says, " post-secondary institute" . i dont know from where ur sis did her diploma, but i think if u cud prove tht the institute is post secondary...tht might help;) wish u good luck.
From what i know, most industrial diplomas have a matriculation or grade 10 requirement for admission. post secondary courses have 10+2 requirement.

if you can show a brochure stating that the particular institution your sister was enrolled in requires 10+2 for admission then you have nothing to worry about.

apple_talk

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (Pilot)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
16-01-2012
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
16-04-2012
Med's Request
20-06-2012
Med's Done....
20-06-2012
Passport Req..
04-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-01-2013
LANDED..........
13-02-2013
ranja said:
From what i know, most industrial diplomas have a matriculation or grade 10 requirement for admission. post secondary courses have 10+2 requirement.

if you can show a brochure stating that the particular institution your sister was enrolled in requires 10+2 for admission then you have nothing to worry about.
I recommend not taking risk & find good/reputed lawyer to guide you. One wrong move can kill your case. Once they reject it, very hard to change the outcome after that.

waiting.....

Star Member
Feb 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anybody asked for interview before??? i m worried that so much delay in my application cud mean an interview request in future :'( :'(

sonu86

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
Not received
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
Thanks all frnds for ur contribution....college prospect says 10th and higher includes 12, BA, B.com, MA...and higher studies will get extra points for merit as selection is merit based....n my sis got admission in civil engineering based on her studies.....we are going to include all this in reply, rest is her luck I guess.....need ur prayers.....she has never lived alone....not gona be easy for her....

sonu86

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
AOR Received.
Not received
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
waiting..... said:
hi sonu....
It also says 'professional and vocational training on full time basis'.....what does that include....

Anik

Dec 13, 2011
waiting..... said:
we had same situation last year wen my mother-in-law was here in canada n she was asked to submit her passport along with medical. we were told by new delhi office that she will have to go to india to submit her passport n ever since then she is sitting there waiting for visa..but nothing so far. ecas started showing 'in process' in sept (9 months after ppr) . ur case is little bit different as u r asked to submit passport after the medicals at different visa office than mine. but as a word of caution, i wud suggest u to make sure which stage of processing their case is? so even if they have to go back...they shd be coming back to canada soon!!
Thanks for the good wishes! Sorry to hear abou the delay it your case - that does sucks to wait (and with unclear progress). As I've learned from this forum, ND has a weird process of requesting passports early in the process ...so inconvenient...Not sure if any other office does that.

Our LVO typically requests the passports at the end for visa issue (before that we just include a copy with the application but never originals). So they asked my parents to submit the passport last week for visa issue...I was hoping that my parents coudl get their visas and land, and after that go back for short time once they get the PR cards etc (would be much easier for everyone) But looks like we have no choice (we are not allowed to mail passports through the russian border - mailign to a US office would have been fine...)

katia123

Feb 3, 2013
I would be appreciated if anyone could answer my question, it's been 8 month that we've sent our medical, and still waiting for PPR! could anyone estimate how long we are supposed to wait! by the way my application is family class sponsorship. (ankara)

ranja

Nov 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2008
AOR Received.
June 2012
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
10-12-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
katia123 said:
I would be appreciated if anyone could answer my question, it's been 8 month that we've sent our medical, and still waiting for PPR! could anyone estimate how long we are supposed to wait! by the way my application is family class sponsorship. (ankara)
which visa office is processing your file?

RafayA

Dec 28, 2011
Hi All

I hope if anyone here can help me!

I sponsor my parents in 2008. The file is now in visa office in Islamabad.

Finally I got an e-mail from the visa office asking us to get the medical examination done (nothing from regular post, just an e-mail)

It is not much detail in the e-mail but there is a document attached. This is a single page IMM1017 “MEDICAL REPORT, Client Biodata and Summary” form, notheing else, just one page.

But this is ONLY for the principal applicant (my father), no form was attached for my Mother.

I sent an e-mail to the visa office a week ago but no reply yet.

I am confused. Why they send me IMM1017 for the Principal applicant ONLY.
What about the accompanying souse of the principal applicant (my mother)?

Appreciate if anyone can advise