+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

JENNIFER14

Oct 12, 2012
Hi, I am new here in this forum, but i am on the same boat as everyone else here. I sent my application for my parents sponsorship on Dec 8, 2009. I've been checking the e-cas status almost on a daily basis. And it's always been " Application Received" on the sponsorship application. But just yesterday, i noticed that there is an update on e-case, that shows " Application Received" for the permanent residence application. Does this status mean any progress at all?

Thanks, and goodluck to everyone here, you guys are very helpful in sharing your experiences and updates!!

nanapush

Oct 31, 2008
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTOWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb
JENNIFER14 said:
Hi, I am new here in this forum, but i am on the same boat as everyone else here. I sent my application for my parents sponsorship on Dec 8, 2009. I've been checking the e-cas status almost on a daily basis. And it's always been " Application Received" on the sponsorship application. But just yesterday, i noticed that there is an update on e-case, that shows " Application Received" for the permanent residence application. Does this status mean any progress at all?

Thanks, and goodluck to everyone here, you guys are very helpful in sharing your experiences and updates!!

Hi, I'm not sure where things stand on applications after November 2009. At present CIC are processing applications from 2007 to November 2009. It may be that things are moving on later applications now but it would be at an early stage. Have you had a request for further paperwork? All those in process from 2007 to 2009 batch had to submit new paperwork but it may be that the paperwork you had to do in late 2009 was the new stuff so maybe no more required at this stage.
There are some much more knowledgeable people on the forum so I'm sure you'll get some good feedback soon.

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
JENNIFER14 said:

Seems like your sponsorship application is being processed. You should hear about the decision on sponsorship part of the application, if all documents are as per requirements. Hopefully it will be soon.

JENNIFER14

Oct 12, 2012
Thanks Nanapush for the reply...

And to answer your question, no i havent received a letter from CIC requesting for updates. The only letter so far i received from them was the acknowledgment letter for the application i sent,and the letter was received on Dec 2009 as well.

poolsadie

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pilot Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2012
Med's Request
Sep 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
JENNIFER14 said:
Thanks Nanapush for the reply...

And to answer your question, no i havent received a letter from CIC requesting for updates. The only letter so far i received from them was the acknowledgment letter for the application i sent,and the letter was received on Dec 2009 as well.
Your next correspondence will probably be a request for additional documentation along with the application for PR (normally you get 3 months to present this) otherwise they say it "could" be delayed. Approx. 2 months after sending the documentation I received my sponsorship acceptance and notification the PR application has been sent to Ottawa. 6 weeks later got request for Medical and Police Check (this can differ because I know other applicants have been asked for passport even before a medical or PC). Hope this helps. FYI my initial sponsorship application was sent September 2009

poolsadie

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pilot Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2012
Med's Request
Sep 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
Sana7 said:
Hi Poolsadie: You should be able to access E-cas with the File number (starting with F or B followed by nine digit number), UCI (client ID: eight digit number), or payment receipt number (starting with R followed by nine digit number), for either yours or your parents' information, it does not matter. Have you tried to contact call centre to let them know you cannot access the E-cas (perhaps, there is a spelling error of a last name or country is incorrectly selected on their end and you need all of the above to access your E-cas)?
That's what I'm thinking is that they have something wrong typed in as I have tried file no., UCI and payment receipt no. and no luck. I emailed them for confirmation of medical receipt as I could not access...they emailed me back to confirm that they have received it but I still cant view any status on e-cas..will try again in a few days

poolsadie

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pilot Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2012
Med's Request
Sep 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
gtst4413 said:
Hello Folks,

I got my GCMS notes for parents and just wanted to understand it clearly .

For my mother medical states "Passed". For father" In progress". It states that He has a condition for which potential demand on health or social services is not sufficient to exclude under section 38(1)(c). I guess it means no issues with his medical as they went medical way back in April and have not received any further notice for re medical .Can anyone correct if my understanding is wrong?

Timelines:
Application : July 2008
Document Updation notice: Nov 2011
Approval: March 2012
Medical : Apr 2012
Office : CPP Ottawa
It means he has been accepted but under those conditions (something that they have to put, to say he has a condition but not stopping him for entering). May I ask what your father's condition is??

parkbr

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 30 2012
AOR Received.
May 18 2012
File Transfer...
Jun 4 2012
Med's Request
Aug 1 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 13 2012 (Sent on 16th)
Passport Req..
Oct 29 2012
Moraine said:
Hi everyone,

I just want to update you all (been quiet for a long time here). We got my parents visas. Sent visa DHL from local visa office to Canada. My parents are here in Canada on Super Visa. The date of issue is October 11, 2012. To all still waiting, God bless! God is good all the time!

Regards,

Moraine
Congratulations, Moraine!!!

parkbr

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 30 2012
AOR Received.
May 18 2012
File Transfer...
Jun 4 2012
Med's Request
Aug 1 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 13 2012 (Sent on 16th)
Passport Req..
Oct 29 2012
nanapush said:
Hi everyone----- Some more good news to share . We got our COPR back today from London so all systems go at last. Congratulations to all who also got theirs this week and good luck to all who are still waiting.

I would love to see my timeline turn green now. Keeper of the spreadsheet, over to you !!!!!
Great news, nanapush!
When did you submit the copies of your passport? In the spreadsheet, I see Nov-5, but somehow I remember it being earlier.

nanapush

Oct 31, 2008
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTOWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb
parkbr said:
Great news, nanapush!
When did you submit the copies of your passport? In the spreadsheet, I see Nov-5, but somehow I remember it being earlier.
Thanks .
We got the passport data page request on 25th October and hade to send some stuff to the lawyer in Canada for checking but then couriered (DHL)the documents to CHC London on 2nd November. It arrived there on 5th and COPR was posted back to us on 15th ,arriving today --16th. We had a couple of delays as we were notified just before a weekend and then had a weekend between sending documents and them being received @ CHC.

So yes it seemed like a long time considering we got approval on 25th. Doing things through a lawyer can sometimes have that effect as they want to check everything before it is sent off.Our paperwork didn't get submitted until late February,almost at the 90 day limit because of lawyers double checking every aspect . But I have to say that although immigration lawyers often get a bad press,ours has been great for us and for our son's previous PNP application. They were able to troubleshoot very effectively.
I am happy to supply their details if anyone in Vancouver needs a good lawyer.

nanapush

Oct 31, 2008
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTOWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
JENNIFER14 said:

As per CIC website, it says

Working on applications received on September 11, 2007-November 17, 2009* - so I guess, it will be the next batch until they finish this one which could run till end of 2013 ( don't quote me on this )

nanapush

Oct 31, 2008
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTOWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb
Big Thanks to the Keeper of the spreadsheet for turning me green. I wish that good feeling to all still waiting.

poolsadie

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pilot Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
Doc's Request.
May 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 2012
Med's Request
Sep 2012
Med's Done....
Oct 2012
Sana7 said:
Hi Poolsadie: You should be able to access E-cas with the File number (starting with F or B followed by nine digit number), UCI (client ID: eight digit number), or payment receipt number (starting with R followed by nine digit number), for either yours or your parents' information, it does not matter. Have you tried to contact call centre to let them know you cannot access the E-cas (perhaps, there is a spelling error of a last name or country is incorrectly selected on their end and you need all of the above to access your E-cas)?
Hi Sana,

Thanks for making me think....I went in again to e-cas (normally I have chosen United Kingdom) and I have only just noticed that England also appears on its own - and now I have access :)

Its still not up to date, but at least I now have access - thanks!!