none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb
wec660 said:
Hi nanapush, Could you please share the link for that forum?

Thanks!
It is in fact trackitt.com as mentioned above

nanapush

Oct 31, 2008
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTOWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb
panjab said:
Well said Friend, I agree with you. I do not understand why this panic all of sudden and why these cries of foul. I applied in 2007 and still waiting for Visa. Its not like a 2010 applicants are getting and 2008 have not. So people calm down and relax, if you miss your folks, take a plane ticket and go see them, talk to them on phone (international call rates are dirt cheap). And you are here for your own benefit, do not bad mouth the country that provided you with a better life and opportunity. They have to think about the future impact of their decisions as well, it is our children and us who have to take the burden of tax increases that will happen for the health care, pensions for old parents. And think of it this way, our folks will come here and get benefits for health, pensions without having paid for it, so where does the money come from. It comes from hard working Canadians.

Well said indeed,it is a privilege not a right and we should be grateful that things do seem to be moving forward .

seanv

Feb 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
panjab said:
Well said Friend, I agree with you. I do not understand why this panic all of sudden and why these cries of foul. I applied in 2007 and still waiting for Visa. Its not like a 2010 applicants are getting and 2008 have not. So people calm down and relax, if you miss your folks, take a plane ticket and go see them, talk to them on phone (international call rates are dirt cheap). And you are here for your own benefit, do not bad mouth the country that provided you with a better life and opportunity. They have to think about the future impact of their decisions as well, it is our children and us who have to take the burden of tax increases that will happen for the health care, pensions for old parents. And think of it this way, our folks will come here and get benefits for health, pensions without having paid for it, so where does the money come from. It comes from hard working Canadians.
+1

or get the visitor visa and call them here

the only additional charge will be medical insurance which should not be a problem after all you will be staying with your loved ones.

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Mockava said:
Thank you. That is what I thougt as well.

Please lets be patient and respectfull of the country, which allowes us to have better life (I was not forced to leave my country, I came to Canada because I saw apportunities here ) which also includes sponsoring our parents. Lets let immigration offices do theyre job and not interupt them. So if I have to wait another 4 years, i will, as I see bringing my parent as a huge bonus. If I have to go back to look after my parent, I will, as coming to Canada was my choice, I knew what I am leaving behind - for a better life, I left my family behind. I dont believe there are many countries that allows to bring your parent. Also I dont think there is a one person in this forum who left home land just because it was better than Canada. I believe all of us came here for better lives, so lets take what is given to us, enjoy it and appreciate the county, and people who live here.

Frankly I am tired of seeing the word discrimination all over this forum. I believe for most of us its a "new" word, so we toss it around without much thought and respect for it. Lets not forget there is not two same cases, all are different, home country is different, each quota is different, and also each local office is working differently maybe with even different work ethics. I agree there might be few cases that needs attention, so please direct those questions to right authorities, and maybe share your story in the forum. But dont be angry, anger is not a friend in this situation. Good luck to all of us!
pls read the following link -
http://spon.ca/delays-and-fees-equal-discrimination-law-prof-alleges-in-complaint/2011/04/03/
and immigration is two sided process.....govt of a country needs immigrants and immigrants feels there are better opportunities, so it is give and take. family reunification is one of Canada's highlight to attract immigrants, and because of this program people think of migrating to Canada.
There must be a specific time limit to process a file, it cant be for ever process, some of unfortunate applicants on this forum have lost parent/s while waiting for visa.
If immigration officers and govt. had worked efficiently and processed files there would never be such a huge backlog.
This link sheds a lot of light and I highly recommend to read it

panjab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2007
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
09-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-09-2012
raju735 said:
http://spon.ca/delays-and-fees-equal-discrimination-law-prof-alleges-in-complaint/2011/04/03/
and immigration is two sided process.....govt of a country needs immigrants and immigrants feels there are better opportunities, so it is give and take. family reunification is one of Canada's highlight to attract immigrants, and because of this program people think of migrating to Canada.
There must be a specific time limit to process a file, it cant be for ever process, some of unfortunate applicants on this forum have lost parent/s while waiting for visa.
If immigration officers and govt. had worked efficiently and processed files there would never be such a huge backlog.
Dude!!!!!!!!!!
Relax, this thread is not for venting. If you need an outlet for venting please open your own thread. This is people to stay informed and also for people to get help with questions. And if you are so fed up with the process and country. Please go back to where you came. The grass is always greener on the other side.

I understand people have been waiting for long, people have lost parents. But past is past you can't do anything. Lets keep a positive outlook and hope everybody is united with their loved ones. I know it might sound sarcastic but part of the problem is people who have scammed the system, abused it. Showing income when they did not have income or stopped showing income after parents arrive. Do you thing Canadian government does not see the pattern? So now they have made it longer so that those kind of people can't sustain that game anymore.

Somethings you should leave to fate. Every country has the right to take care of its people and do what it deems right just like us. So if you get lured by promises then its also your fault as well, you were opportunistic as well.

SO PLEASE STOP VENTING HERE AND LETS POST SOMETHING POSITIVE SO THAT ALL OF US GET SOME HOPE AND LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL.

Peace off.

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
panjab said:
seeing folks is a temp. solution, for how long can you visit your country? we have full time jobs, some people have business, kids are in university, so visiting is a temp solution. can we take care of our parents on phone? most of migrated thinking they will be able to bring parents in short period, but instead govt stopped processing files
pls go through this link - http://spon.ca/delays-and-fees-equal-discrimination-law-prof-alleges-in-complaint/2011/04/03/ - it says a lot (although it is old but it is related to us) and makes things very clear
One simple calculation can make things very clear when govt says that parents may create financial burden.......
1,65,000 files - $1000.00 fees (for application, processing fees and ROLF) i.e 1,65,000 x 1000 = 165,000,000.00
so govt has this amount with them, just count the interest for this amount (this amount $1000.00 ) is for single application, so $2000.00 for parents (mon and dad)
most of the medical and health care expenses can be covered from this itself, so when it is said about tax burden this figure says a lot.

nanapush

Oct 31, 2008
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTOWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb
raju735 said:
An interesting article and certainly more than a grain of truth in it . However it would seem to be some small acknowledgement of those issues which have spurred the government to try to clear the backlog so that the waiting times are not endless as they were before the current round of processing. The decision to suspend further applications for 2 years is also a tool to assist this process . I fear that the door may remain closed for longer than 2 years but at least no more money is being taken as an indefinite "loan to the government "during this period.

Mockava

Star Member
Mar 25, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
Med's Request
07 mar 2012
Med's Done....
20 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
21-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
raju735 said:
I have read it before, and I have read many more. I have lost both of my parents in last five years back home and we are waiting for my mother-in-law to come over. But I dont blame for all of this immigration workers or country, or the laws. It is not in my or your power to change our lives so we can always have what we want. And I am not trying to change the laws either since I see it is already in the works. So.... As it was said by Panjab, lets keep it positive. I agree, we have enough negative arroud, so lets smile and see what morning will bring for us. I am sure it will be something good!

Mockava

Star Member
Mar 25, 2012
Mississauga
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
Med's Request
07 mar 2012
Med's Done....
20 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
21-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
Shuga, any news on your side? Have you got finalized adiitional medical tests and submitted or not yet?

panjab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2007
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
09-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-09-2012
raju735 said:
seeing folks is a temp. solution, for how long can you visit your country? we have full time jobs, some people have business, kids are in university, so visiting is a temp solution. can we take care of our parents on phone? most of migrated thinking they will be able to bring parents in short period, but instead govt stopped processing files
pls go through this link - http://spon.ca/delays-and-fees-equal-discrimination-law-prof-alleges-in-complaint/2011/04/03/ - it says a lot (although it is old but it is related to us) and makes things very clear
One simple calculation can make things very clear when govt says that parents may create financial burden.......
1,65,000 files - $1000.00 fees (for application, processing fees and ROLF) i.e 1,65,000 x 1000 = 165,000,000.00
so govt has this amount with them, just count the interest for this amount (this amount $1000.00 ) is for single application, so $2000.00 for parents (mon and dad)
most of the medical and health care expenses can be covered from this itself, so when it is said about tax burden this figure says a lot.
PLEASE APPLY FOR A SUPER VISA

ICJ

Star Member
Feb 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Nomination.....
May 13, 2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
June 03, 2014
File Transfer...
June 03, 2014, Processing from July 03, 2014
Med's Request
April 18, 2015
Med's Done....
April 23, 2015- 3rd Line Updated April 28, 2015-medicals received
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 03, 2015-Passports submitted June 04, 2015-4th Line Decision Made-June 05, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 12, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015-Ottawa
Mockava said:
I have read it before, and I have read many more. I have lost both of my parents in last five years back home and we are waiting for my mother-in-law to come over. But I dont blame for all of this immigration workers or country, or the laws. It is not in my or your power to change our lives so we can always have what we want. And I am not trying to change the laws either since I see it is already in the works. So.... As it was said by Panjab, lets keep it positive. I agree, we have enough negative arroud, so lets smile and see what morning will bring for us. I am sure it will be something good!
Agree with you! Mockava, Punjab, seanv!!
raju735 please chill out man! At least we all including you are much better than other people who could not apply to sponsor their parents due to rule changes. I feel sorry for them as they were not even given this opportunity. At least we have hope!
For sure it will be much difficult to sponsor parents whenever the parents sponsorship opens again.
If we just keep complaining and talking about discrimination and all that I am sure you will away the people from sharing good information on this forum. No one wants to get jinxed!!

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
panjab said:
Prior to applying for PR, I applied 3 times for visitor visa for my mother all the time it was rejected. In dec 2007 I sponsored her and in March 2012 I applied for SUPER VISA, unfortunately it was rejected too.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1146305--super-visa-applications-for-visitors-to-canada-are-often-rejected

seanv

Feb 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
panjab said:
I know it might sound sarcastic but part of the problem is people who have scammed the system, abused it.
This

panjab said:
And This.

I know a friend of mine who requested extension on regular visitor visa and she got 2 years extension..

jatt-going-canada

Jan 27, 2012
B.C
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
august 2007
Doc's Request.
jan 2011
Med's Request
jan 2012
Med's Done....
jan 2012
Interview........
nope
Passport Req..
jan 2012 along with medicals
VISA ISSUED...
october 30 2012
LANDED..........
nov 16 2012 :D
anyone know what is the validity of pcc in india?
i think mine is expired now..been over 6 months..i hope they dont request it again and cause further delay :'(

panjab

Star Member
Apr 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2007
Doc's Request.
25-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-10-2007
File Transfer...
15-02-2012
Med's Request
09-03-2012
Med's Done....
01-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-09-2012
raju735 said:
Prior to applying for PR, I applied 3 times for visitor visa for my mother all the time it was rejected. In dec 2007 I sponsored her and in March 2012 I applied for SUPER VISA, unfortunately it was rejected too.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1146305--super-visa-applications-for-visitors-to-canada-are-often-rejected
Then you must be doing something wrong. From what I have seen if you have income and your applications is correctly filled there is no ground for rejection. I have lot of friends whose parents have gotten visa without issues and extensions too.

MAN PLEASE WE REQUEST YOU GO VENT SOMEWHERE ELSE. We need positive,we already have enough gloom, this is our way of giving each other hope.