Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D :D ;D :p....DECISION MADE......DECISION MADE..... :p :p :p ;D :D
and got pp with shining visa.I am so happy today.

Tp

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
July 2014
File Transfer...
November 18, 2014
Med's Request
April18, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
Mar 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2016
VAN01 said:
Congratulations! Definitely a happy news. Please share your timeline. Thanks

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Sandy2014 said:
Hi all,

Iam new to this forum applied for fsw14, mean while i would like to know the process for parents sponsership.
How long this process takes from India? will it take more than 1 year? I could see some of the forum members applies way back 2007 etc, i was just afraid!!.. Please provide the info.
CIC has already received the maximum number (5000) of applications for this year and thus is not accepting any new applications. You can apply next year. More information is available on the page available at link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/parents.asp

New applications under current rules take less time to process but have tougher conditions and requirements for sponsorship.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sandy2014 said:
Hi all,

Iam new to this forum applied for fsw14, mean while i would like to know the process for parents sponsership.
How long this process takes from India? will it take more than 1 year? I could see some of the forum members applies way back 2007 etc, i was just afraid!!.. Please provide the info.
If you have never worked in Canada and will be coming to Canada for the first time once you get PR - then you will be waiting a very long time before your parents will be able to come to Canada as PRs. First you'll have to complete at least three years of work in Canada to meet the low income to sponsor your parents. Then once you file the application, you'll most likely have at least a three year wait (possibly more).

helping canadian

Aug 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VAN01 said:
Hello dear pls share ur complete time line when u applied and when
ur file got trf to new delhi
first medical a
re medical
and dependent details
plss

GSINGH6953

Apr 24, 2013
Hi Memebers,
I have a question in regards to parental sponsorship. I applied in April 2010. Sponsorship was approved and file was transferred to New Delhi. Now Delhi office is asking for all the updated forms that were sent to mississauga and all the supporting documents to be sent again. They also requested medical and mentioned that I will be receiving medical instructions in separate email, which I never received. My question is if it is normal for them to ask for all the forms again even when the forms were sent to Mississauga office before the transfer to New Delhi? Also what should I do about not receiving the instructions for medical tests that they said they will send to me in a separate email? They asked for all the forms, police clearance and medical to be submitted in 60 days. Thank you in advance. please find the attached and comment:

In order to assess this application, updated copies of the items listed below are requested. Please note that if we do not receive the items listed below within 60 days of the date on this letter, this application may be refused.
• Application form (IMM008) for yourself
• A Schedule A form for you and one for each dependant over the age of 18, whether accompanying or not. Personal History information and Addresses must be entered from the age of 18 to date. Incomplete information will delay the processing of your application.
• An Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) for you and one for each dependant, whether accompanying or not. The correct forms are all available online at
• The documents listed in the attached Document Checklist for Family Class – Parents & Grandparents
• You and your family members who are included in this application must undergo complete medical examinations. You will receive a separate e-mail with instructions for medical examination for you and your dependants, whether accompanying or not. The issuance of medical instructions does not constitute final acceptance of your application.
Once you have completed your medical examination, submit your forms and items listed above, as a SINGLE package to our office at the following address:
Immigration Section
UNIT B
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110021 India
Please return a copy of this letter with the requested documents. In case you are unable to submit some or any of the documents listed in the Document Checklist within 60 days, you MUST advise us of the delay and provide reasons (with proof) for the delay. If you do not inform us of the delay, the application will be assessed based on the documents and information on file and it may result in the refusal of your application.

Please Note:
• This request is not a guarantee of visa issuance.
• If any other documents have been requested you must also comply with that request. Failure to comply with the request may result in the refusal of your application.
• You must inform our office of any change in your mailing address, a change in your marital and/or family status of yourself or your dependants, or other information relevant to your application. Due to our operational constraints we will not acknowledge receipt of the new information, but it will be noted on your file
• Your application will not become finalized until we have advised you of the final decision. You will receive a letter letting you know if an interview will be required to finalize your case. Please do not contact us if your case is proceeding according to the historic processing times noted on our website. For processing times information,
• In the meantime, we suggest that you not make any commitments related to the application until your case has been concluded. Any steps that you take now, e.g. disposing of property or effects, or giving up employment or accommodation or taking other commitments concerning your proposed migration or visit to Canada, will be at your own risk.
• Format of Names: Visas are issued with the holder's name shown as it appears in the holder's passport. For example, if all of the passport holder's names appear on the 'Surname' line of the passport, all of the names will appear on the 'Surname' line of the visa, with nothing shown for 'Given Names.' If all of the names appear on the 'Given Names' line of the passport, all of the names will appear on the 'Surname' line of the visa, with nothing shown for 'Given Names.' Before sending photocopies of your passport bio page to our office, please ensure that your names appear in the passport in the format that you want it to appear on your visa and on your Canadian identity documents. If your name on the identity page of your passport is not entered in the format that you want your name to appear on your visa, you must obtain a new passport or an observation in your passport from the Passport Office showing your name correctly BEFORE submitting photocopies passport picture page AND page to our office. Visas will not be reissued to reflect name changes endorsed after the visa was issued.

You have 60 days to provide the documents requested in this letter, or to write to us explaining why you cannot comply within that timeframe. If you do not respond within 60 days from the date of this letter, a decision on your application will be taken based on the documents and information currently on file; this may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section 
Document Checklist for Family Class – Parents & Grandparents
 Current and valid mailing address.
 If available: a valid email address which you authorize us to use as a means of communication for any further follow-up on your application in order to expedite processing.
 Documents which clearly establish the relationship between you and your sponsor as well as between you and your accompanying family members. Please provide a minimum of two (2) of the following: original birth certificates in original language issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths, school documents such as Fifth, Middle, Matriculation or Senior Secondary school certificates and/or mark sheets from an education board, certified copy of your sponsor’s old Indian passport showing the sponsor’s name and the parents’ names, Indian marriage certificates showing parents’ names, and voter identification cards. At least one of the documents must have been issued before the date your sponsor became a permanent resident of Canada. Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.
 Documents that clearly establish the relationship between you and your accompanying family members. If you have dependants under 22 years of age, please provide a minimum of two (2) of the following: original birth certificates in original language issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths, school documents such as Fifth, Middle, Matriculation or Senior Secondary school certificates and/or mark sheets from an education board, certified copy of your dependant’s old Indian passport showing his/her name and the parents’ names. At least one of the documents must have been issued before the date your sponsor became a permanent resident of Canada. Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.
 Updated educational documents for your accompanying dependant(s) 22 years of age and above at the time of sponsorship.
o Original birth certificates issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths along with a translated copy.
o Copy of all pages of your dependant’s current and previous (if applicable) passport(s).
o Copy of your dependent’s voter I-card.
o ORIGINAL education document(s) for your dependant(s):
a. 5th standard certificate and mark sheet
b. 8th standard certificate and mark sheet
c. 10th standard certificate and mark sheet
d. 12th standard certificate and mark sheet
o Educational documents such as

a. Original mark statements and certificates.
b. Diplomas, university degrees, and trade certificates.
c. A letter from the institute or college stating his/her present course of studies.
Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.
 Updated police clearance certificates for you and your dependants over the age of 18, whether accompanying or not, from every country where you or your dependant(s) have spent a period of six months or more. All police certificates should not be greater than 12 months old. For information on how to apply for a police certificate, see our website
 A travel history form for you and for all dependants over the age of 18, whether accompanying or not, declaring all travel undertaken. This form is also available on our website at the following address
 Payment of your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga by your sponsor in Canada. If already paid, please Please attach a copy of the receipt with your forms to our office. If we do not receive a copy of the receipt, we will consider it as unpaid. For more information, your sponsor should consult the following
 Three (3) updated photographs each for you and for each of your accompanying dependants. For each person, make sure that their name is written on the back of at least one photo. The photos must be no more than 6 months old. Photograph specifications can be found on our website at the following address
 PHOTOCOPIES of your current valid passport bio page (inside front cover), back page (the family information page at the inside back cover), for you and your accompanying family members. If your passports have any observations (e.g. extending their validity), please include photocopies of the observations. The picture in the passport for a child under 6 years of age must have been taken within the last 3 years; for a child between the ages of 7 and 18, within the last 5 years. If you do not have a valid passport, you are requested to obtain one so as to be able to comply with this request *****DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S) AT THIS TIME*****
 If you have any non-accompanying dependants who were 22 years of age or above and unmarried at the time of the sponsorship, complete the Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form attached to this letter. You may photocopy the attached form as required.
 Original death certificate of your spouse with certified English translation, if applicable.

roop15

Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2009
Doc's Request.
march 2012
File Transfer...
march 2014
Med's Request
nov 2014
Med's Done....
dec 2014
Interview........
inprocess-07-05-15
Passport Req..
decision made on 22-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
waiting for information
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
VAN01 said:
congrats dear... plz share ur timeline with us so that we can also get some idea..

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
starzibal said:
can you share their email add? they are working on 2006/07 cases what about 2008 cases? I think it would take more than 6 month.
I sent email via their general enquiry link available at London consulate website.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
layla.bee said:
I sent email via their general enquiry link available at London consulate website.
Was the reply generic or your case specific and how long did it take to get their response?
I am not sure why they didn't mentioned 2008 does that mean, ISB is working on 2008 case and London is on 2006/07?

thanks

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
GSINGH6953 said:
Hi Memebers,
I have a question in regards to parental sponsorship. I applied in April 2010. Sponsorship was approved and file was transferred to New Delhi. Now Delhi office is asking for all the updated forms that were sent to mississauga and all the supporting documents to be sent again. They also requested medical and mentioned that I will be receiving medical instructions in separate email, which I never received. My question is if it is normal for them to ask for all the forms again even when the forms were sent to Mississauga office before the transfer to New Delhi? Also what should I do about not receiving the instructions for medical tests that they said they will send to me in a separate email? They asked for all the forms, police clearance and medical to be submitted in 60 days. Thank you in advance. please find the attached and comment:...
Yes, it is normal for NDVO to ask for updated forms. Submit all forms as asked along with supporting documents. If you have still not received email for Medicals, you can send an enquiry to NDVO via case specific link on CHC-Delhi website.

GSINGH6953

Apr 24, 2013
RajaJi said:
Yes, it is normal for NDVO to ask for updated forms. Submit all forms as asked along with supporting documents. If you have still not received email for Medicals, you can send an enquiry to NDVO via case specific link on CHC-Delhi website.
Thank you for your response.

LivingTheDreams

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 March, 2010
Doc's Request.
08 August, 2013 -06 September, 2013(docs received in Mississauga)- 12 November,2014( Docs request by Delhi)
AOR Received.
09 October, 2013 (AOR from Mississauga)
File Transfer...
02 September, 2014- 09 September,2014(AOR from Delhi)
Med's Request
14 November,2014
Med's Done....
17 November,2014- Medical result received on Ecas(15 January,2015)
Passport Req..
28 April, 2015
LANDED..........
05 July,2015
GSINGH6953 said:
Hi Memebers,
I have a question in regards to parental sponsorship. I applied in April 2010. Sponsorship was approved and file was transferred to New Delhi. Now Delhi office is asking for all the updated forms that were sent to mississauga and all the supporting documents to be sent again. They also requested medical and mentioned that I will be receiving medical instructions in separate email, which I never received. My question is if it is normal for them to ask for all the forms again even when the forms were sent to Mississauga office before the transfer to New Delhi? Also what should I do about not receiving the instructions for medical tests that they said they will send to me in a separate email? They asked for all the forms, police clearance and medical to be submitted in 60 days. Thank you in advance. please find the attached and comment:

In order to assess this application, updated copies of the items listed below are requested. Please note that if we do not receive the items listed below within 60 days of the date on this letter, this application may be refused.
• Application form (IMM008) for yourself
• A Schedule A form for you and one for each dependant over the age of 18, whether accompanying or not. Personal History information and Addresses must be entered from the age of 18 to date. Incomplete information will delay the processing of your application.
• An Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) for you and one for each dependant, whether accompanying or not. The correct forms are all available online at
• The documents listed in the attached Document Checklist for Family Class – Parents & Grandparents
• You and your family members who are included in this application must undergo complete medical examinations. You will receive a separate e-mail with instructions for medical examination for you and your dependants, whether accompanying or not. The issuance of medical instructions does not constitute final acceptance of your application.
Once you have completed your medical examination, submit your forms and items listed above, as a SINGLE package to our office at the following address:
Immigration Section
UNIT B
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi 110021 India
Please return a copy of this letter with the requested documents. In case you are unable to submit some or any of the documents listed in the Document Checklist within 60 days, you MUST advise us of the delay and provide reasons (with proof) for the delay. If you do not inform us of the delay, the application will be assessed based on the documents and information on file and it may result in the refusal of your application.

Please Note:
• This request is not a guarantee of visa issuance.
• If any other documents have been requested you must also comply with that request. Failure to comply with the request may result in the refusal of your application.
• You must inform our office of any change in your mailing address, a change in your marital and/or family status of yourself or your dependants, or other information relevant to your application. Due to our operational constraints we will not acknowledge receipt of the new information, but it will be noted on your file
• Your application will not become finalized until we have advised you of the final decision. You will receive a letter letting you know if an interview will be required to finalize your case. Please do not contact us if your case is proceeding according to the historic processing times noted on our website. For processing times information,
• In the meantime, we suggest that you not make any commitments related to the application until your case has been concluded. Any steps that you take now, e.g. disposing of property or effects, or giving up employment or accommodation or taking other commitments concerning your proposed migration or visit to Canada, will be at your own risk.
• Format of Names: Visas are issued with the holder's name shown as it appears in the holder's passport. For example, if all of the passport holder's names appear on the 'Surname' line of the passport, all of the names will appear on the 'Surname' line of the visa, with nothing shown for 'Given Names.' If all of the names appear on the 'Given Names' line of the passport, all of the names will appear on the 'Surname' line of the visa, with nothing shown for 'Given Names.' Before sending photocopies of your passport bio page to our office, please ensure that your names appear in the passport in the format that you want it to appear on your visa and on your Canadian identity documents. If your name on the identity page of your passport is not entered in the format that you want your name to appear on your visa, you must obtain a new passport or an observation in your passport from the Passport Office showing your name correctly BEFORE submitting photocopies passport picture page AND page to our office. Visas will not be reissued to reflect name changes endorsed after the visa was issued.

You have 60 days to provide the documents requested in this letter, or to write to us explaining why you cannot comply within that timeframe. If you do not respond within 60 days from the date of this letter, a decision on your application will be taken based on the documents and information currently on file; this may result in the refusal of your application for permanent residence.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section 
Document Checklist for Family Class – Parents & Grandparents
 Current and valid mailing address.
 If available: a valid email address which you authorize us to use as a means of communication for any further follow-up on your application in order to expedite processing.
 Documents which clearly establish the relationship between you and your sponsor as well as between you and your accompanying family members. Please provide a minimum of two (2) of the following: original birth certificates in original language issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths, school documents such as Fifth, Middle, Matriculation or Senior Secondary school certificates and/or mark sheets from an education board, certified copy of your sponsor's old Indian passport showing the sponsor's name and the parents' names, Indian marriage certificates showing parents' names, and voter identification cards. At least one of the documents must have been issued before the date your sponsor became a permanent resident of Canada. Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.
 Documents that clearly establish the relationship between you and your accompanying family members. If you have dependants under 22 years of age, please provide a minimum of two (2) of the following: original birth certificates in original language issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths, school documents such as Fifth, Middle, Matriculation or Senior Secondary school certificates and/or mark sheets from an education board, certified copy of your dependant's old Indian passport showing his/her name and the parents' names. At least one of the documents must have been issued before the date your sponsor became a permanent resident of Canada. Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.
 Updated educational documents for your accompanying dependant(s) 22 years of age and above at the time of sponsorship.
o Original birth certificates issued by the Registrar of Births and Deaths along with a translated copy.
o Copy of all pages of your dependant's current and previous (if applicable) passport(s).
o Copy of your dependent's voter I-card.
o ORIGINAL education document(s) for your dependant(s):
a. 5th standard certificate and mark sheet
b. 8th standard certificate and mark sheet
c. 10th standard certificate and mark sheet
d. 12th standard certificate and mark sheet
o Educational documents such as

a. Original mark statements and certificates.
b. Diplomas, university degrees, and trade certificates.
c. A letter from the institute or college stating his/her present course of studies.
Note: All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation into English or French.
 Updated police clearance certificates for you and your dependants over the age of 18, whether accompanying or not, from every country where you or your dependant(s) have spent a period of six months or more. All police certificates should not be greater than 12 months old. For information on how to apply for a police certificate, see our website
 A travel history form for you and for all dependants over the age of 18, whether accompanying or not, declaring all travel undertaken. This form is also available on our website at the following address
 Payment of your Right of Permanent Residence Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga by your sponsor in Canada. If already paid, please Please attach a copy of the receipt with your forms to our office. If we do not receive a copy of the receipt, we will consider it as unpaid. For more information, your sponsor should consult the following
 Three (3) updated photographs each for you and for each of your accompanying dependants. For each person, make sure that their name is written on the back of at least one photo. The photos must be no more than 6 months old. Photograph specifications can be found on our website at the following address
 PHOTOCOPIES of your current valid passport bio page (inside front cover), back page (the family information page at the inside back cover), for you and your accompanying family members. If your passports have any observations (e.g. extending their validity), please include photocopies of the observations. The picture in the passport for a child under 6 years of age must have been taken within the last 3 years; for a child between the ages of 7 and 18, within the last 5 years. If you do not have a valid passport, you are requested to obtain one so as to be able to comply with this request *****DO NOT SEND YOUR ORIGINAL PASSPORT(S) AT THIS TIME*****
 If you have any non-accompanying dependants who were 22 years of age or above and unmarried at the time of the sponsorship, complete the Non-Accompanying Adult Son/Daughter Additional Information Form attached to this letter. You may photocopy the attached form as required.
 Original death certificate of your spouse with certified English translation, if applicable.
Exactly same email we have received yesterday from New Delhi as well, Not a word different so I think its generic letter. We haven't received medical request email as well which they are saying we will be getting separately. Applied March 2010 and transfer to New delhi in September 2014.

Please do let me know if you get any other info from them, and I will let you know if I get anything. We are exactly at same timeline.

jenny12345

Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application was returned last year because they reached the quota. I will try next year, do I have to fill up all the forms again or I can use the old one ? Thanks

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
jenny12345 said:
My application was returned last year because they reached the quota. I will try next year, do I have to fill up all the forms again or I can use the old one ? Thanks
Yes. CIC updates the forms from time to time and you must use the newest version of the forms.

prince nijjar

May 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisuaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 sept 2010
Doc's Request.
30 july 2014
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2014
File Transfer...
New delhi -25 feb 2015
Med's Request
25 april 2015
Med's Done....
7 may 2015
Passport Req..
28 sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2015
I dont know what's going in cic ...bcoz some peoples of dec 2009 .....June 2009 ...still waiting for medicals nd people who aplly June 2010 getting their medical past week ....it's for delhi nd india people .....so wts the problem in other peoples ...can anybody tells ..bcoz 1 yr is process after document send for medicals some r getting on tym why others r waiting ???!!!