april 2009
Doc's Request.
march 2012
File Transfer...
feb 2013
Med's Request
30 dec 2013
Med's Done....
7 jan 2014 additional test on 12 april 2014 , status change ' medical received' on 2 may 2014..
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15 nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
26 nov 2014
LANDED..........
7 January
roop15 said:
yaa i think its from sponsor side ...is there anyother way like sponsored side to check it???
and how long will it take after file is transferd to lvo new delhi???
Order gcms or make mp enquiry.. File is usualy sent to lvo as soon as decision made if it is positive..

glittershine

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
ehuang said:
If you are planning to apply online, just follow the instructions online. It'll give you a check list. Without completing the mandatory documents, the system wouldn't even let you submit the application for extention online. I did it online recently and I only submitted the mandatory documents. I didn't include any option C print out, pay stubs or T4. And I got the extension in the mail within few weeks. Hope this helps.
Did you even do the medicals to extend the stay? What if the re-medicals are done within one year?

TRUE RUSSIAN

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
KIEV, UKRAINE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 6, 2014
File Transfer...
May 28, 2016
:eek: :eek: :eek: HI GUYS!!! CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY CIC IS SAYING THAT IT REDUCES BACKLOGS FOR PARENT AND GRANDPARENT SPONSORSHIP BUT PROCESSING TIMES ARE GOING UP? :eek: :eek: :eek:

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Received PR Card today but sadly only for my father - called CIC and they said there was something wrong with mothers photos so send again with supplementary form. I though the whole form saga was over but not yet

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
TRUE RUSSIAN said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: HI GUYS!!! CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY CIC IS SAYING THAT IT REDUCES BACKLOGS FOR PARENT AND GRANDPARENT SPONSORSHIP BUT PROCESSING TIMES ARE GOING UP? :eek: :eek: :eek:
It;s a saleman pitch, I assume you saying this for the new 2014 process - for them - creating the mess is not an issue but when the huge wait comes slightly shorter it's a victory and thus you see such statements

TRUE RUSSIAN

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
KIEV, UKRAINE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 6, 2014
File Transfer...
May 28, 2016
user828 said:
It;s a saleman pitch, I assume you saying this for the new 2014 process - for them - creating the mess is not an issue but when the huge wait comes slightly shorter it's a victory and thus you see such statements
Well...what I don't understand is why CIC is not moving from May 28, 2012? and when backlog is reducing (according to CIC) why processing times for second stage at visa offices are going up every quarter?

ehuang

Aug 9, 2013
glittershine said:
Did you even do the medicals to extend the stay? What if the re-medicals are done within one year?
You don't need to do medical examination when you submit your application for extension. If you are required to do the medical examination, CIC will send you the request when they approve your application for extension. Check your visitor record under remarks to see if you are required to undergo the medical examination. I'm not too sure what you meant by the re-medicals are done within one year...

Deep31

Oct 31, 2013
TORONTO, ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB-2009
Doc's Request.
NOV-2012
File Transfer...
MAY-2012
Med's Request
NOV-2012, Remeds (Issued & Missed) - FEB 2014
Med's Done....
DEC-2012, Remeds (Submitted Late) - JUNE 2014
Interview........
SEEMS WAIVED..
Passport Req..
NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING...
LANDED..........
WILL POST SOON...
Paramjitss said:
I dont know if its normal but my parents Med exprired in July-2013 and CHC ND requested for re-medical on 26-Jan-14. Later they requested their passports along with PCC. Now waiting from two months :( . Its not negative to remind them if they would ever listen or respond..
Thanks Parmjitss. Is your father in police/army? I wonder why it takes longer for some people and others get it in no time.

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
ehuang said:
If you are planning to apply online, just follow the instructions online. It'll give you a check list. Without completing the mandatory documents, the system wouldn't even let you submit the application for extention online. I did it online recently and I only submitted the mandatory documents. I didn't include any option C print out, pay stubs or T4. And I got the extension in the mail within few weeks. Hope this helps.
Thanks ehaung. I applied yesterday online.

Deep31

Oct 31, 2013
TORONTO, ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FEB-2009
Doc's Request.
NOV-2012
File Transfer...
MAY-2012
Med's Request
NOV-2012, Remeds (Issued & Missed) - FEB 2014
Med's Done....
DEC-2012, Remeds (Submitted Late) - JUNE 2014
Interview........
SEEMS WAIVED..
Passport Req..
NOV-2012
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING...
LANDED..........
WILL POST SOON...
glittershine said:
Our medicals expired on Jan 21, 2014 and we got re-medical request on March 6th. Depends on case by case and CIC will send you re-medicals for sure.
Thanks for replying glittershine. I hope that time comes soon. But I dont see a point there. Why dont CHC people make their choices more logical by completing the rest of the formalities first and then ask for passports and medical in the end. Why 2 year long hold to our travel documents. Anyways my best wishes to you since you are in the final stage of getting the visa. Good Luck.

glittershine

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Deep31 said:
Thanks for replying glittershine. I hope that time comes soon. But I dont see a point there. Why dont CHC people make their choices more logical by completing the rest of the formalities first and then ask for passports and medical in the end. Why 2 year long hold to our travel documents. Anyways my best wishes to you since you are in the final stage of getting the visa. Good Luck.

Thanks, i wish luck to all of those who are waiting for the visas as well. Yes, ND has a strange way of handling cases by asking for passports and medicals from aged parents and holding them for a long time without processing as well. I magine the hassle our parents have to go through for re-medicals and the money spent on it.

seang

Aug 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2009
Doc's Request.
31-03-2012
AOR Received.
17-07-2012
File Transfer...
02-10-2012
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
29-10-2012
:D :D As of today, Ecas showing:

1 We received your application for permanent residence on September 11, 2009.
2 We started processing your application on March 14, 2014.
3 Medical results have been received.
4 A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Had to pinch myself in case I was dreaming again !

What is average time for letter to arrive (to a Canadian address)

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
TRUE RUSSIAN said:
Well...what I don't understand is why CIC is not moving from May 28, 2012? and when backlog is reducing (according to CIC) why processing times for second stage at visa offices are going up every quarter?
The biggest backlog is still at the visa offices, around the world. CIC did cut some of it, by increasing the visa quotas in the category to 25000 visas per year........for 3 yrs.......they need to continue that for afew yrs so that the backlog can be eliminated.

People who applied in 2007/2008 are still waiting for visa offices to finalize cases. Due to quotas/backlogs/staff shortage, etc and other factors the parental cases are on the back shelf and not a priority. People in Islamabad, Singapore, Manilla, New Delhi, as well as even in Europe are waiting for years before hearing anything about medicals or documents, etc. It sucks to be waiting for so long, some parents have (unfortunately) even passed away while waiting to hear something from visa offices.

Extreme patience is required in this category.

Paramjitss

Jun 1, 2013
Deep31 said:
Thanks Parmjitss. Is your father in police/army? I wonder why it takes longer for some people and others get it in no time.
Yes my Dad served in Army so CIC requested him to fillout the specific form twice and then parents have to go through fingureprinting i believe cuz thay stayed longer than 6 months couple of times. everything addsup to 1 1/2 years to their application process. Also it took 1 year for their file to get transfered to CIC ND from CPP-O. :-X now wiat hope they will get their visa issued in couple of months