AOR Received.
17-07-2012
File Transfer...
02-10-2012
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
29-10-2012
Just an FYI, I contacted my MP last week to get update on application as medicals expired on Oct 27th. I got a reply a few days later with expected information :" application is in queue for review, 50 months processing time etc..."

However, they also mentioned that medicals validity has been extended to Oct 27th 2014 (24 months in total) No other information as to why this was done, but may be a new policy to deal with the fall out from the strike.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
petersiddle28 said:
But how to send files there, spousal visa
CPC-M has sent some parental sponsorship files to Ottawa Pilot recently.

Megall

Oct 29, 2013
I send the application to sponsor my parent three year ago, still waiting the decision from Ottawa,
Last week I filled another file to sponsor my spouse, how is that could affect my parent sponsorship file...

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
petersiddle28 said:
Do you have income complication? as we knew someone last year who waited longer and got refused as they didn't have enough income ( atleast with the required form, not sure what it was called, the one from the CRA ) and they still forwarded file to their home country like vienna or something, as something like final decision will be taken there if they want to to allow
Yes, we do have some non-routine situation with income, but I would not word it as a 'complication' as our family's income is based on self-employed business and our income is not fully shown on the line 150 of the Option C and it is definitely almost twice more than required by LICO. We sent them lots of proof relating to our income and they've been having almost 3 months to look it through, check the proof and make a decision.

At the same time I just cannot understand what is the point of keeping the application for so long to have it refused?

In our case, we did not choose the local office as a decision maker on our file in case it's refused. We just don't want to lose 3-5 years more of our life to wait for the local visa office to make the decision on it. We are good to wait for three years and apply again in the worst case.
By that time the backlog should be definitely cleared and the sponsorship applications will be finalized much faster.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Megall said:
I send the application to sponsor my parent three year ago, still waiting the decision from Ottawa,
Last week I filled another file to sponsor my spouse, how is that could affect my parent sponsorship file...
Which program did you use to apply the second time?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Megall said:
In the second one I used the Spouse to be sponsored lives outside of Canada...
No, it should not be a problem. They just can ask for the updated income proof as your family size has changed since you'd submited the sponsorship for your parents.

LivingTheDreams

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 March, 2010
Doc's Request.
08 August, 2013 -06 September, 2013(docs received in Mississauga)- 12 November,2014( Docs request by Delhi)
AOR Received.
09 October, 2013 (AOR from Mississauga)
File Transfer...
02 September, 2014- 09 September,2014(AOR from Delhi)
Med's Request
14 November,2014
Med's Done....
17 November,2014- Medical result received on Ecas(15 January,2015)
Passport Req..
28 April, 2015
LANDED..........
05 July,2015
Suin said:
CPC-M has sent some parental sponsorship files to Ottawa Pilot recently.
Hey Suin,

Have you got your approval yet from Mississauga?

Our documents were received by Mississauga on 6th September. I saw people getting approvals already after my timeline. Don't they follow any sequence or is it something to worry about? I received AOR dated october 02, 2013

Also do they send it via email or snail mail? My ecas doesn't say anything about decision made yet.

My parents have multiple entry visa for 10 years. Is it gonna be Ottawa or New delhi. I am asking you because I see you are active on this forum and might have ton of information.

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
Suin said:
Yes, we do have some non-routine situation with income, but I would not word it as a 'complication' as our family's income is based on self-employed business and our income is not fully shown on the line 150 of the Option C and it is definitely almost twice more than required by LICO. We sent them lots of proof relating to our income and they've been having almost 3 months to look it through, check the proof and make a decision.

At the same time I just cannot understand what is the point of keeping the application for so long to have it refused?

In our case, we did not choose the local office as a decision maker on our file in case it's refused. We just don't want to lose 3-5 years more of our life to wait for the local visa office to make the decision on it. We are good to wait for three years and apply again in the worst case.
By that time the backlog should be definitely cleared and the sponsorship applications will be finalized much faster.
vow, thats lot of process. You seem to know a lot about this, please can you tell me what is RFV in gcms notes as I have that since 1 month and no answer from LVO
I heard in New Delhi 2013 forum, it means ready for visa or is it require further verification

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
petersiddle28 said:
vow, thats lot of process. You seem to know a lot about this, please can you tell me what is RFV in gcms notes as I have that since 1 month and no answer from LVO
I heard in New Delhi 2013 forum, it means ready for visa or is it require further verification
I wish I could help you with this, but I do not have any experience in GCMS notes. I hope more experienced members of this forum could help you with it.

In the mean time I found the following link that can give you more information on the GCMS codes:

http://caipsnotes.com/Codes.shtml

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
LivingTheDreams said:
Hey Suin,

Have you got your approval yet from Mississauga?

Our documents were received by Mississauga on 6th September. I saw people getting approvals already after my timeline. Don't they follow any sequence or is it something to worry about? I received AOR dated october 02, 2013

Also do they send it via email or snail mail? My ecas doesn't say anything about decision made yet.

My parents have multiple entry visa for 10 years. Is it gonna be Ottawa or New delhi. I am asking you because I see you are active on this forum and might have ton of information.
We have not received anything from Mississauga yet...just the AOR dated September 24. Yes, it hurts to see other lucky people being approved - the ones whose applications were received a month later than ours by Mississauga. But what can we do but waiting?

As far as I can see Mississauga sends out correspondence both via ordinary snail mail and email. I just cannot figure out the sequence and the reasons why.

Ecas are usually get updated in 2 days after the Decision is made or any updates entered into the system.

Also I cannot understand the way Mississauga makes decision to send the applications to the local visa offices or to Ottawa Pilot. I can see that many applications of ppl whose parents are here in Canada and have the right to stay for longer than a year were sent to the local visa office and some ppl who have their parents returned back to their country of residence got their files transferred to Ottawa...

I guess we have to wait and see, pray and hope... Wishing you to hear from them the soonest! :)

house52

Jul 24, 2013
This Forum is tracked by Visa Officers. People who are not member on this forum got their visas faster. It is just my thought.

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
I agree. And that's one of the reasons why CIC has all these backlogs. Because visa officers would spend their time on this forum tracking the users rather than processing the applications.

house52 said:
This Forum is tracked by Visa Officers. People who are not member on this forum got their visas faster. It is just my thought.