File Transfer...
19 May 2015
Med's Request
18 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
28 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
daljitsydney said:
Hello friends.

I applied for my parents from new Delhi Office and everything is done ......they Asked for passport for my mum-dad and younger brother long time ago( Approx 6 month) ,they have passed the medical a year ago...medical is going to expire in December ,I am pregnant now .....does anyone suggest how long embassy will take and Shoul I contact someone ?

Thanks
My passport is in the NDVO from 8 months. Same case, everything done. Try contacting someone. I emailed them a few times. No reply. Got inquiry done from MP. No proper response. I am going to order gcms notes. Thinking what else can be done.

bmm

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
hi all..

i have just joined today.. i have applied for my mother sponsership in sept 2010. i just called cic today they said i will receive 90 days letter most likley in 3 months.can someone please attach that 90 days letter so i can start preparing documents.

Thanks

itslaeq

Nov 26, 2011
Thompson MB
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06 Mar 2015
Doc's Request.
13 Jan 2016
AOR Received.
06 May 2015
File Transfer...
19 May 2015
Med's Request
18 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
28 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
hunny007 said:
i also applied 2007 but still waiting .dont understand cic
My application was refused once and I had to appeal their decision so it took me so long. I wonder why is it taking so long for you as I read at one forum that 2007 and 2008 applications have been finalized and they are currently working on 2009 applications. This CIC is driving me nuts!!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Anikish said:
hey can you plz assists me on the Additional Family Info form. I am an adopted child, when fulling the section A on the form do i have to put my biological parents as mother and father? Or my adopted parents information?
Do your biological parents still have the rights on you? If no, definitely put just your adoptive parents. If yes, I would mention them both and add the explanation why you giving them both your adoptive and the biological parents.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Tp said:
Thanks Suin,
So I think it is correct to say that children over 18 years who does not meet the cic definition of "dependent" are not required to fill this form. Please correct me if I am wrong?
I would ask them to fill out it too - just in case, but those people should be the close relatives only (brother, sister or son, daughter).

I just cannot figure out recently how the CIC is working on the cases... I would just submit all the info, as much as possible, to eliminate any extra questions or documents requests that delay the time and bring more hassle only.

abbey786

Oct 4, 2011
Hi

Got email from New Delhi as below. Do you think that the timelines in the email are what they will be working to?

Your Application for permanent residence in Canada in the Family class was received at CPC-M
on 06/05/2007 and has now been transferred to our office. Note: The application received is in
mm/dd/yyyy format. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence with our office.
Canada has a carefully managed and controlled immigration program that is committed to
maintaining a balance of 60% economic immigrants and 40% non-economic immigrants (family
class, refugees, and those in need of protection). Amongst non-economic immigrants, priority is
given to spouses/partners and dependent children.

We are currently processing other relative family class applications according to these time
frames, from the date the application is received in New Delhi:

Parents/Grandparents | All Other Relatives
Confirmation of receipt of 3 months | 12 months
First Review 9 months | 36 months
Interview 43 months | 44 months

As we proceed to review these cases, we will contact the applicants. In the meantime, we
recommend that clients check the website (india.gc.ca) for any changes. No purpose will
be served by writing to us to enquire on case status until the current situation changes.
While we understand the wishes of sponsors and parents to be reunited, and that longer
processing times can be frustrating for those seeking to bring family members to Canada, we
hope this information will help explain the delays that some are experiencing when sponsoring
parents, grandparents, and children to be adopted.

You should contact us only to provide IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION such as a change in
your mailing address, a change in your family status or other information relevant to your
application. Although we will not acknowledge receipt of the new information, it will be noted on
your file.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section
PS: THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
They clearly letting you know about the chance to wait for 3.6 years for your parents case to be finalized...
Unbelievable.

eric leon

Dec 6, 2012
abbey786 said:
Hi

Got email from New Delhi as below. Do you think that the timelines in the email are what they will be working to?

Your Application for permanent residence in Canada in the Family class was received at CPC-M
on 06/05/2007 and has now been transferred to our office. Note: The application received is in
mm/dd/yyyy format. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence with our office.
Canada has a carefully managed and controlled immigration program that is committed to
maintaining a balance of 60% economic immigrants and 40% non-economic immigrants (family
class, refugees, and those in need of protection). Amongst non-economic immigrants, priority is
given to spouses/partners and dependent children.

We are currently processing other relative family class applications according to these time
frames, from the date the application is received in New Delhi:

Parents/Grandparents | All Other Relatives
Confirmation of receipt of 3 months | 12 months
First Review 9 months | 36 months
Interview 43 months | 44 months

As we proceed to review these cases, we will contact the applicants. In the meantime, we
recommend that clients check the website (india.gc.ca) for any changes. No purpose will
be served by writing to us to enquire on case status until the current situation changes.
While we understand the wishes of sponsors and parents to be reunited, and that longer
processing times can be frustrating for those seeking to bring family members to Canada, we
hope this information will help explain the delays that some are experiencing when sponsoring
parents, grandparents, and children to be adopted.

You should contact us only to provide IMPORTANT NEW INFORMATION such as a change in
your mailing address, a change in your family status or other information relevant to your
application. Although we will not acknowledge receipt of the new information, it will be noted on
your file.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section
PS: THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY
wht is the conclusion of this long email.

itslaeq

Nov 26, 2011
Thompson MB
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06 Mar 2015
Doc's Request.
13 Jan 2016
AOR Received.
06 May 2015
File Transfer...
19 May 2015
Med's Request
18 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
Med's Done....
28 Mar 2016 (Remedical)
bmm said:
do you mind if i ask you reason for refusal..so we can take extra care
Our application was refused stating that the sponsor did not meet the minimum income required to sponsor 4 people. What is important here is that though my sponsor and co-sponsor together had income way over the cut-off set by CIC, it was an error by the officers at NDVO. They did some miscalculations and did no proper correspondence for confirmation of income from us or the sponsor. They simply refused the application. So my advise here is to keep the VO updated with the sponsor's income (pay-slips) every few months. No matter if they do not acknowledge, send them pay-slips or any other documentation you have via email and fax. Do not give them any chance to have negative opinion on your application.

bmm

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
can someone please attach copy of the letter from cic asking for additional documents and forms within 90 days

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
itslaeq said:
Our application was refused stating that the sponsor did not meet the minimum income required to sponsor 4 people. What is important here is that though my sponsor and co-sponsor together had income way over the cut-off set by CIC, it was an error by the officers at NDVO. They did some miscalculations and did no proper correspondence for confirmation of income from us or the sponsor. They simply refused the application. So my advise here is to keep the VO updated with the sponsor's income (pay-slips) every few months. No matter if they do not acknowledge, send them pay-slips or any other documentation you have via email and fax. Do not give them any chance to have negative opinion on your application.
Why was it NDVO that issued decision on the sponsor's eligibility? Did you get approval from Mississauga? How did you win your case and make them reopen you file?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
bmm said:
can someone please attach copy of the letter from cic asking for additional documents and forms within 90 days
here is the useful link to documents request form posted by user828:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t91654.0.html;msg2571491#msg2571491

bmm

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
i am just sponsering my mother.do i need her birth certificate or just my birth certificate is ok .any idea for any extra document?they are not asking for option c printout?

a31

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
itslaeq said:
My passport is in the NDVO from 8 months. Same case, everything done. Try contacting someone. I emailed them a few times. No reply. Got inquiry done from MP. No proper response. I am going to order gcms notes. Thinking what else can be done.
Hey wht did ur MP said ,as my medical also gonna expires on 26 nov