+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents PR Refused - Appeal and Next steps

vinodb

Jan 7, 2015
helping canadian said:
hello can u pls share ur time lines when u had applied and when ur file was trfred to new delhi???
here one member was there itseleaq who was refused /
so it can help uu but can u pls share ur timelines
u can appeal and further u can proceed..
but case details can u pls share

Hi,

I applied first time in Dec 2008 to sponsor my parents and sister.

My file was opened in Dec 2011, got letter from CIC Mississauga to fill the forms for my parents and I think I sent them in end of Jan 2012.

In April 2012, CIC called me asked my tax return for 2009, the lady didn't mentioned me that I am short of income and that is why she is asking for 2009 tax return. I have faxed it. History: I was working as a contractor and has incorporated company with my 100% share. I was not aware that incorporated income is not considered. It is not mentioned anywhere in the guide or form.

In May 2012, received letter indicating that I am short of Income and but forward my file to New Delhi, as I have indicated in form.

In July 2012, my parents received letter, their file has started processing at New Delhi.

In Nov 2012, New Delhi office has asked to go through Medical and send Police clearance certificate along with passport.

IN Jan 2013, my parents and sent their passport, after going through Medical exam.

In Jan 2014, received refusal letter.

In Feb 2014, I withdraw my sister's application due to her future marriage plan and ask them to reconsider (they reconsider it as per CAIPS note, but still refused it and didn't send any letter).

In March 2014, received original refusal letter my Canada address (due to address change they re-sent the letter).

In April 2014, I filled for Appeal with help of lawyer.

In Sep 2014, Received letter from appeal board to send the documents.

End of Nov 2014, my lawyer sent documents (I was short of $1400 in 2009 income but 2010 onwards, I had sufficient income).

In Beginning of Dec 2014, received letter from Minister's counsel, they allow positive.

In 07 Jan 2015, received Notice of Decision from IRB.

As per CAIPS notes that I had obtained in Jan 2014.

ASSESSMENTS:
Eligibility: Failed
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality:Not Started
Org Crime:
Medical:Passed
Misrepresentation:
Other Reqs:
Final: Refused

KamiR302

Sep 27, 2015
Could you plz make this clear? You mentioned they allowed positive in December but under assessment you said final decision " refused"?
Have they refused your appeal?
Thanks

junzky28

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
04/01/2016
Doc's Request.
30-10-2016 / 17-04-2017 / MED, RPRF 05-12-2017
AOR Received.
16/05/2016
File Transfer...
13-02-2017
Med's Request
05-12-2017
Med's Done....
1st med 13-12-2017 / 2nd request 02/01/2018 / 3rd request 11/01/2018 / 4th 30/05/2018
Passport Req..
Waiting
My appeal was successful. It didn't go for hearing.
Hi Vinodb,

I want to know what is the status now of your appeal? I am also didn't meet the MNI and I was really short of $200 for the taxation year of 2012 and they were asked for other evidence to support the application then I sent the 2015,2016 NOA after that my parents application continue process for PR and they were asking also for medical,PCC, RPRF. I know 100% they will refuse their PR application eventually so I really want to know if there is any hope for their PR application?

Jul 22, 2019
Yes but I was waiting from to send me appeal letter .they send me regusal now after they ask my parent medical

Tuskers

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Vancouver
Thanks Waiting. The operational manual is quite interesting read. Thanks for sharing. It has lots of information that I was wondering about.

I only got 2 pages. One page that was initially sent to my parents and other page that should have been sent to me stating that the application has been refused. Reading the text of the letter, I felt like, there should have been some forms for appeal and instructions sheet etc.. However nothing like that. Things like Important Instructions for Sponsorship Appeals (appendix B) and in formation insert are not in that letter.
What is "a Notice of Appeal IRB/CISR28 (6/98)"? Is it same letter that is addressed to me (sponsor) saying that the application has been refused?

Thanks. I am going to order GCMS. Do you know, if it is something that is needed before I file for an appeal ?
Hi
I am in the similar situation now, I only got the Refusal letter - 2 pages. Haven't received the notice of appeal letter. Could you please help how do I get that appeal letter so that I can go ahead and appeal the parent sponsorship application. Any help greatly appreciated.