+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents Name mismatch with my documents

Nov 24, 2019
I am currently a PR is Canada and I want to raise the visitor visa for my parents. My parents name in their documents are like:
Father name: Ram Kumar
Mother name: Saroj

Parents name in my documents:
Father name: Ram Kumar Singh
Mother Name: Saroj Singh

In my birth certificate their names are like Ram kumar Singh ans Saroj Singh.

Now how would I justify the relationship as birth certificate and their passport would not be having the exact names.

I have always used my name with my surname and so do theirs names as well, but they don’t use the surname.

Please help if I need to create some affidavit or any other documents to justify the relationship. Also is the marriage certificate, do they really need to submit a marriage certificate of my birth certificate would be sufficient.

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
Hi. I successfully applied for my parents TRV and hence feel that I can answer your query. You don't need any affidavit or a marriage certificate. The bio data page of the passport is sufficient to establish your and their relationships. You can attach a letter of explanation regarding the missing surname.

Reactions: Prashantchahar
Nov 24, 2019
Thanks for the reply.
In the required document list CIC is mentioned marriage certificate as one of the document when I created the profile for my parents.
What should I give in there..

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
I applied paper based and as such am not exactly sure about the documents to be submitted for online application.
The concept of a marriage certificate was an alien idea during those period and as such most of the applicants parent do not possess one.
One alternative in my opinion would be to attach an affidavit mentioning their date of marriage the date of your birth and attach this along with a letter of explanation.
On the other hand I would suggest you apply paper based as this gives you a lot of leeway in terms of document one can attach and the submission and biometrics can be finished off in a single day.

HoneymoonSG

Sep 15, 2018
I am currently a PR is Canada and I want to raise the visitor visa for my parents. My parents name in their documents are like:
Father name: Ram Kumar
Mother name: Saroj

Parents name in my documents:
Father name: Ram Kumar Singh
Mother Name: Saroj Singh

In my birth certificate their names are like Ram kumar Singh ans Saroj Singh.

Now how would I justify the relationship as birth certificate and their passport would not be having the exact names.

I have always used my name with my surname and so do theirs names as well, but they don’t use the surname.

Please help if I need to create some affidavit or any other documents to justify the relationship. Also is the marriage certificate, do they really need to submit a marriage certificate of my birth certificate would be sufficient.
Hello
I’m in same situation, can you tell me what you did and did your parents get visa