+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents immigration application refused due to employement history

HING

May 5, 2017
Hi, there:

My parents’ immigration application is refused because of her employment record about twenty years ago (base on the grounds of inadmissible class of person describe on 34 (1). When I was filling out the application for them, I made a mistake on her employment history which I put she was working for a government department from 1982 to 1994 while in fact she was only working there for two years. Also, this is actually beyond the last ten years of employment history which we need to provide on the application.
I did not realize I made a mistake on her employment history when I filled out her application. However, when Immigration Canada request to do a background check, I provide the right employment history to them.
My parents are all retired now and they have multiple entry visa to Canada. She can provide proof of employment history as supporting documents.
Does anybody know cases like this before? How should I appeal the decision?

Thank you very much

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HING said:
Hi, there:

My parents’ immigration application is refused because of her employment record about twenty years ago (base on the grounds of inadmissible class of person describe on 34 (1). When I was filling out the application for them, I made a mistake on her employment history which I put she was working for a government department from 1982 to 1994 while in fact she was only working there for two years. Also, this is actually beyond the last ten years of employment history which we need to provide on the application.
I did not realize I made a mistake on her employment history when I filled out her application. However, when Immigration Canada request to do a background check, I provide the right employment history to them.
My parents are all retired now and they have multiple entry visa to Canada. She can provide proof of employment history as supporting documents.

Thank you very much
Are you saying you make typo mistake of writing year 1994 instead writing 1984. What about next row entry. Did you start from 1984 or 1994?
If it is just a typo mistake. I strongly recommend to appeal in court

adip19

Sep 19, 2016
jhutti said:
Are you saying you make typo mistake of writing year 1994 instead writing 1984. What about next row entry. Did you start from 1984 or 1994?
If it is just a typo mistake. I strongly recommend to appeal in court
No its not typo mistake, he has already re-submitted updated form. Rejection is related to her employment with particular government department. I think he should contact lawyer.

adip19

Sep 19, 2016
HING said:
Hi, there:

Thank you very much
last 10 years is only related to personal history column.For government position, there is another column, where you have to enter information beyond 10 years. You should contact good lawyer and appeal

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adip19 said:
No its not typo mistake, he has already re-submitted updated form. Rejection is related to her employment with particular government department. I think he should contact lawyer.
Oh i c. It has nothing to do with dates. Section 34 (1) means some kind of employment not acceptable.

Can the OP share what kind of work his or her mother did

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
jhutti said:
Oh i c. It has nothing to do with dates. Section 34 (1) means some kind of employment not acceptable.
It does not mean employment. Unless she worked for a terrorist organisation.

[quote author=Immigration and Refugee Protection Act 2001]
34 (1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible on security grounds for

(a) engaging in an act of espionage that is against Canada or that is contrary to Canada’s interests;

(b) engaging in or instigating the subversion by force of any government;

(b.1) engaging in an act of subversion against a democratic government, institution or process as they are understood in Canada;

(c) engaging in terrorism;

(d) being a danger to the security of Canada;

(e) engaging in acts of violence that would or might endanger the lives or safety of persons in Canada; or

(f) being a member of an organization that there are reasonable grounds to believe engages, has engaged or will engage in acts referred to in paragraph (a), (b), (b.1) or (c).
[/quote]

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spousalsponsee said:
Section 34 (1) point b. Is tricky. It appears to mean part of military of any govt in world that have act against some reginal area as per govt order that canada govt think an act of subversion.

But if his parents have visitor or super visa. Why that was allowed?. The OP should hire a lawyer and go to court.

HING

May 5, 2017
adip19 said:
We have been trying to look for lawyer who has handled similar cases before, but not successful yet.
I accidently put 1983 which it should be 1994 because I was not paying a lot of attention to the employment history because my mom is already retired.
When Immigraiton Canada ask me to provde me information for background check, I double checked with mom and provide the correct information but I still received the letter of refusal a week ago.

HING

May 5, 2017
jhutti said:

Can the OP share what kind of work his or her mother did
She worked for the United Front Work Department many years ago

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
spousalsponsee said:
Or she worked for a foreign government that engaged in such activities. Or for a foreign military that engaged in such activities. Or for one of many private companies that are known by Western intelligence agencies to be fronts for foreign agencies engaging in such activities.

HING said:
She worked for the United Front Work Department many years ago
Well, a quick Google search suggests this department does intelligence work for the Chinese Communist Party and is suspected of espionage activities and interfering with foreign governments.

wangshd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
I am sorry to hear that!
Your problem may have nothing to do with your mistake. CIC (security background check is conducted by CSIS) used your right information to make a decision, which is your mom had worked for United Front Work Department, and she is inadmissible. If it was your mistake causing the problem, it would be under misrepresentation, not inadmissible.

Last edited:

wangshd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
may i know your timeline, like when did you submit your application, when was it transferred to local office? when did they ask you to send more information about your mom for background check?

Last edited: