+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents immigration and other queries

HelloJai

Oct 28, 2017
Hi ,me and wife would be applyig for immigration,with my wife being the Primary applicant.Would like to seek advise on following:
  • My wife has only her Dad with no sibling in her family.And i have only my mom staying with me In India and my sister is a candian citizen .My question is that should we apply for their immigration along with our application or should be plan it at a later date seprately.
  • My wife has done a Diploma in Software engineering from IBM ,Kolkotta,will it get he any points.It was a one year course.
  • How can we get points of my sibling being a canadian citizen,besides birth certificate.
Thanks in advance for the help .

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Dad and mom are not considered as dependent family members in PR applications. They can't immigrate at the same time with you. They need to wait until you get PR, get 3 years income above minimum cut off and are selected to apply PR through a lottery draw. If you are lucky, you can start to sponsor them after 4 years in Canada and wait a few more years for the application to be approved.