+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

SamCanada2024

May 25, 2024
Hello everyone,

I received an invitation for my parents yesterday and have started filling out their application. I'm wondering if there is any thread in this forum that can help with filling out forms, specifically regarding government, military, and police service details. My dad served in both the military and police.

I've already applied for his supervisa, but it's been about 18 months and we're still waiting due to the security background check. I understand it might be a long wait this time as well, so I want to submit the application as soon as possible.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Good morning I got mine as well on Weekday, we can work together to full the application, I have started it and finished most of it.

Reactions: rhmanalili

jaynexo

Jan 28, 2019
Hi folks,

Need some help please. I applied to pgp in 2020. My mother passed away a month ago. Got my invite recently. My father has had a second wife whilst my mother was alive. Is she eligible for sponsorship? I don’t think so, as per the eligibility criteria set out for the sponsor. What’s confusing though, is that why would they ask the principal applicant to specify their spouse, common law partner, and spouse’s dependents etc? My father, who would be the principal applicant, would specify his second wife as her spouse along with her dependents. How significant is that? Is it insignificant because the sponsor (I) can only sponsor blood relatives? I would appreciate your insights.

Cheers

motocheck

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Guys does anyone know the timeline for parents pr.. after submission online how many months it takes for ppr request

Ford.Myers

May 24, 2024
Florida
Guys does anyone know the timeline for parents pr.. after submission online how many months it takes for ppr request
They are saying the processing times can take upto 20 months or so, but I know for fact that many of friends who applied for their parents got approved in 10 - 11 months. There's only one case that took almost 3 years as they're missing some documents. Good Luck!

Unknown 1234

May 27, 2024
Hello guys
I am applying for my mother in parents and grandparents sponsorship application. I Sponsored my spouse last year and She is now permanent residence and working at a job in Canada.
So while I was filling out Imm 5768 form, there is a ques
No. of person you previously sponsered , whos undertaking is still in effect?
So my question is should i count my wife in undertaking or not. As she is working at a job

joy02

Jan 13, 2019
Hi! Is there a thread here about filing and answering the application form after getting the invite?