+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2024

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Junk omg
Gmail ?

i was assuming that this notification will never land in Junk folder
It's the opposite. I think similar emails were send out from the same source. So it's likely that the mail server would consdier that as junk mail.

Check all folders.

samrakaran

Jan 9, 2014
Hello Folks,

I am preparing for my parents application got few question on which I need your valuable insight

PGP 2024 - Sponsoring parents (mom-dad)

Q1 For Proof of Relation:
My Birth Certificate do not have correct names for my parents i.e. missing their last names
Upon their Super-visa Application I used my Indian Passport as proof of relation as Indian passports have parents name. Now I got Canadian passport which do not carry parents name.
Can I use my surrendered Indian passport as proof of relation?

Q2 I meet income by myself for us family of 4 ( me wife and parents). Is it still better to add wife as co-signer ( she is ready to co-sign) and show her income as well or it could slower the case as more docs to be provided so more review. Any suggestion

Q3: For income verification. Which option is better A) Providing consent to collect information form CRA or B) Providing NOAs, Although guide says providing consent is quicker! Is it true

Please suggest:

@scylla
@BA101
@Naturgrl
@Bryanna

swish dew

Jan 14, 2019
Hello everyone,

I received an invitation for my parents yesterday and have started filling out their application. I'm wondering if there is any thread in this forum that can help with filling out forms, specifically regarding government, military, and police service details. My dad served in both the military and police.

I've already applied for his supervisa, but it's been about 18 months and we're still waiting due to the security background check. I understand it might be a long wait this time as well, so I want to submit the application as soon as possible.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

swish dew

Jan 14, 2019
Hello Folks,

I am preparing for my parents application got few question on which I need your valuable insight

My Birth Certificate do not have correct names for my parents i.e. missing their last names
Upon their Super-visa Application I used my Indian Passport as proof of relation as Indian passports have parents name. Now I got Canadian passport which do not carry parents name.
Can I use my surrendered Indian passport as proof of relation? You can use Matriculation certificate, Surrendered passport(along with Surrender certificate) as proof of relationship(As supporting documents)

Q2 I meet income by myself for us family of 4 ( me wife and parents). Is it still better to add wife as co-signer ( she is ready to co-sign) and show her income as well or it could slower the case as more docs to be provided so more review. Any suggestion: If you meet the income requirement use your own, even if you decide to add your wife as co-signer it won't impact the application.

Q3: For income verification. Which option is better A) Providing consent to collect information form CRA or B) Providing NOAs, Although guide says providing consent is quicker! Is it true: Yes, provide SIN

Please suggest:

@scylla
@BA101
@Naturgrl
@Bryanna

Reactions: samrakaran

Jacknotinabox

Mar 29, 2024
Both of my parents are senior citizens (Father is 77 and mother is 73) and neither of them has their Birth Certificate with them. The have their National ID's and Passport. How to navigate through this as Birth Certificate is the required document

shallowpurple

Star Member
Jul 26, 2014
Both of my parents are senior citizens (Father is 77 and mother is 73) and neither of them has their Birth Certificate with them. The have their National ID's and Passport. How to navigate through this as Birth Certificate is the required document
I was thinking of providing a letter of explanation

shallowpurple

Star Member
Jul 26, 2014
For applying for PR for my parents, do I pay for Biometric fees NOW wit the application OR can I pay it later (when it is towards approval)
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=10068

Sponsor your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee) $630
Include the spouse or partner of your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee) $635
TOTAL 1265

If I include Biometric, it becomes $1435 ( as Biometrics - per family (2 or more people) is $170)

Also, my parents dont have marriage certificate and I was planning to give a Letter of Explanation. Any pointers?

KAUSHAL321

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Hello everyone,

I received an invitation for my parents yesterday and have started filling out their application. I'm wondering if there is any thread in this forum that can help with filling out forms, specifically regarding government, military, and police service details. My dad served in both the military and police.

I've already applied for his supervisa, but it's been about 18 months and we're still waiting due to the security background check. I understand it might be a long wait this time as well, so I want to submit the application as soon as possible.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
You can refer YouTube videos to fill each IMM forms. Search with form number like IMM5356 etc. You will find detail explanations over there. I did it for my parents PR file 3 years back and they are all accepted at first attempt by IRCC. Didn’t received any further clarification from them.

KAUSHAL321

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
For applying for PR for my parents, do I pay for Biometric fees NOW wit the application OR can I pay it later (when it is towards approval)
https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=10068

Sponsor your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee) $630
Include the spouse or partner of your parent or grandparent (without the right of permanent residence fee) $635
TOTAL 1265

If I include Biometric, it becomes $1435 ( as Biometrics - per family (2 or more people) is $170)

Also, my parents dont have marriage certificate and I was planning to give a Letter of Explanation. Any pointers?
LOE is fine as far as ur parents have other national IDs that have DOB mentioned. You can provide as many as possible to IRCC.

KAUSHAL321

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Hello Folks,

Can I use my surrendered Indian passport as proof of relation?

Q2 I meet income by myself for us family of 4 ( me wife and parents). Is it still better to add wife as co-signer ( she is ready to co-sign) and show her income as well or it could slower the case as more docs to be provided so more review. Any suggestion

Q3: For income verification. Which option is better A) Providing consent to collect information form CRA or B) Providing NOAs, Although guide says providing consent is quicker! Is it true

Please suggest:

@scylla
@BA101
@Naturgrl
@Bryanna
Hi
Q1. You can use ur Indian passport with ur Canadian password. Also provide letter of explanation with ur parents super visa UCI no. They will get the details from past application.
Q2. Your income is fine as far as it met the requirement.
Q3. Consent to collect from cra is much better. I used the same 3 yrs back with my parents application.