+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Pats_Kats

Jan 22, 2015
Hello Guys,

I just want to check out. I might be left behind already.

Submitted Last November 24, 2023. Still no AOR and the PR portal account showing submitted status. The Sponsor is from MB.

Is there anyone here still on the same boat?
thank you very much.
I am in the same boat. Submitted application on November 26,2023. PR portal status shows submitted. Have neither received AOR nor additional documentation request

Reactions: pedropil

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Shankar please can you advise what all documents you uploaded or submitted

also online application was filled by you or by your parents?

did you create account for them or you managed the account on their behalf?

Thanks
abhi
Hi abhi,

I had to provide a lot of additional documents

Round1 - for spousal relation between parents - their aadhar cards, Voters ID, bank statements
Round 2 - for relationship with primary - my school certificates grade 5 to 10, surrendered Indian passport, OCI, PAN card

I created an account under my father's name and filled the application forms myself, they're not tech savvy. I also appointed myself as their representative, so all the email correspondence came to me except the final PR portal emails for which they asked for my parent's email, which i gave them but i was accessing it on their behalf

Hope i've answered all of your queestions.

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
I received AOR but not able to check the status on ECAS. Is that normal? How long does take to receive the biometric request after AOR?
I was never able to see my application on ECAS, as long as you're able to link it to GCKey and see updates there you should be good. My application is now processed and completed, but it still says cant locate on ECAS.

mannkaur08

Dec 3, 2023
Hi abhi,

I had to provide a lot of additional documents

Round1 - for spousal relation between parents - their aadhar cards, Voters ID, bank statements
Round 2 - for relationship with primary - my school certificates grade 5 to 10, surrendered Indian passport, OCI, PAN card

I created an account under my father's name and filled the application forms myself, they're not tech savvy. I also appointed myself as their representative, so all the email correspondence came to me except the final PR portal emails for which they asked for my parent's email, which i gave them but i was accessing it on their behalf

Hope i've answered all of your queestions.

I got the same additional documents request. But I don't have my 5th to 9th class certificates. I do have 10 and 12th class certificate. Also my parents don't have their school or college certificates. any idea what should I do?

Glory@2019

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Pls i have a question, who are the dependent over 18 and above, my siblings no longer depend on my mom as they all have their jobs. I am the one sponsoring my mom and cic request for CV for dependents 18 and above. Pls help me out with a response. I have 30 days to send the additional documents. Thanks in advance.

mannkaur08

Dec 3, 2023
Hi everyone
I have received additional documents request for my parents PR application.
As proof of my relationship with my parents, they have asked my 5th, 8th, 10th and 12th school certificate, Voter ID card, Aadhar card, Indian passport, OCI, Pan Card and my parents Voter ID and Adhaar card and their school certificates.

I have most of these documents but I am missing my 5th and 8th class school certificate and my parents school certificate. What should I do? Please help. It's urgent.

Thanks a lot!!

mannkaur08

Dec 3, 2023
Pls i have a question, who are the dependent over 18 and above, my siblings no longer depend on my mom as they all have their jobs. I am the one sponsoring my mom and cic request for CV for dependents 18 and above. Pls help me out with a response. I have 30 days to send the additional documents. Thanks in advance.
Please mention all your siblings (any age) whether they are dependent on your mom or not and whether living in Canada or any other country

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Hi everyone
I have received additional documents request for my parents PR application.
As proof of my relationship with my parents, they have asked my 5th, 8th, 10th and 12th school certificate, Voter ID card, Aadhar card, Indian passport, OCI, Pan Card and my parents Voter ID and Adhaar card and their school certificates.

I have most of these documents but I am missing my 5th and 8th class school certificate and my parents school certificate. What should I do? Please help. It's urgent.

Thanks a lot!!
Please give letter of explanations. It worked for me.

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Thank you so much for the response!!

Can you please tell what reason you gave for missing docs?
I mentioned that grade 10 and grade 12 marksheets are more important in India, and i have included. I did not give any reason. I just made statement that i do not have it.

Liera

May 25, 2024
I had to let go my In-laws file because i could qualify to sponsor only my parents , now me and my wife both working hard to make sure next time when pool open we qualify for 2 more ( her parents ) , If we do not meet income we are out . One bad year can knock's out . That income rule was already there well before this lottery system was introduce . I got PR in 2012 and i was able to bring my parents this year .
Hello, dpatel08,
I'm looking for clues to understand -what does "next time when pool open" mean?
Is there any website to get the information about openings?

Appreciate help and answers!

Samip29

Aug 25, 2019
I was never able to see my application on ECAS, as long as you're able to link it to GCKey and see updates there you should be good. My application is now processed and completed, but it still says cant locate on ECAS.
Thank you Shankar for your reply. I am not able to link the application either.