+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Mar 14, 2024
Hello,
I am Nov 2023 applicant and have not received any update since application submission.
I have a situation, when we submitted interest to sponsor form for my mom back in 2020, my husband filled the form and he accidently put his name as a sponsor and added my mom as parent on the interest to sponsor form.
Anybody in this group in similar situation, who submitted the application and got any updates?

pgp20231016

Oct 16, 2023
Hello,
I am Nov 2023 applicant and have not received any update since application submission.
I have a situation, when we submitted interest to sponsor form for my mom back in 2020, my husband filled the form and he accidently put his name as a sponsor and added my mom as parent on the interest to sponsor form.
Anybody in this group in similar situation, who submitted the application and got any updates?
Application will be rejected at sponsorship approval state as parents of sponsor can only be sponsored

Reactions: YVR123

doza-canada

Star Member
May 22, 2019
Hi guy, this is Oct 2023 applicant.

My parents did medical exam in 2022 for their super visa. Now they requested it again. So I sent them the old one again. Now the profile is updated to this that they didn't receive the result from us. What should I do? Please advise. Should I call them again?

Solarmanng

Nov 11, 2015

My parents did medical exam in 2022 for their super visa. Now they requested it again. So I sent them the old one again. Now the profile is updated to this that they didn't receive the result from us. What should I do? Please advise. Should I call them again?
My best advice will be for your parents to go and do new medicals. If the 2022 medicals they did were still valid, IRCC would not have sent a new medical request. Again, the earlier they got the medicals completed, the better. Otherwise, IRCC may be left with no choice than to make a decision based on information available on file; an outcome that might not be favourable. Good luck!

doza-canada

Star Member
May 22, 2019
My best advice will be for your parents to go and do new medicals. If the 2022 medicals they did were still valid, IRCC would not have sent a new medical request. Again, the earlier they got the medicals completed, the better. Otherwise, IRCC may be left with no choice than to make a decision based on information available on file; an outcome that might not be favourable. Good luck!
Thank you for your advice. Do you think I can still use the request IME they sent me last month to do the medical exam this week? Even with the deadline of May 23rd? I will book medical exam for this week.

uma057

Oct 5, 2017
Hi I have received the AOR which says "This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga on behalf of the following family member"
only my father in law name is mentioned here and my mother in law name is not mentioned in this letter. My FIL is principle applicant.
Both names should be entered in AOR. What should I do. Is this happened on other people on this forum please advise

ali.tariq

May 29, 2011
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
AOR Received.
02-10-2018
Hi I have received the AOR which says "This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga on behalf of the following family member"
only my father in law name is mentioned here and my mother in law name is not mentioned in this letter. My FIL is principle applicant.
Both names should be entered in AOR. What should I do. Is this happened on other people on this forum please advise
I had the same situation. Only my father's name was mentioned in the AOR but he was the principal applicant. I believe they only list the principal applicant. Later on, both of my parents have received biometric letters.

uma057

Oct 5, 2017
I had the same situation. Only my father's name was mentioned in the AOR but he was the principal applicant. I believe they only list the principal applicant. Later on, both of my parents have received biometric letters.
Thanks Ali.

Can you share your timeline. What is the next step after AOR

Solarmanng

Nov 11, 2015
Thank you for your advice. Do you think I can still use the request IME they sent me last month to do the medical exam this week? Even with the deadline of May 23rd? I will book medical exam for this week.
Absolutely, use the same form as time is of the essence now.

paul719

Star Member
Jan 15, 2014
bc
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-june-2013
AOR Received.
10 july 2013
File Transfer...
10 july 2013
Med's Done....
25 may 2013
Passport Req..
15 aug 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 4 March 2014

If ur parents did medical in canada.then It would be good until October 2024

Unknown 1234

May 27, 2024
Hello guys
I am applying for my mother in parents and grandparents sponsorship application. I Sponsored my spouse last year and She is now permanent residence and working at a job in Canada.
So while I was filling out Imm 5768 form, there is a ques
No. of person you previously sponsered , whos undertaking is still in effect?
So my question is should i count my wife in undertaking or not. As she is working at a job

Solarmanng

Nov 11, 2015
Hello guys
I am applying for my mother in parents and grandparents sponsorship application. I Sponsored my spouse last year and She is now permanent residence and working at a job in Canada.
So while I was filling out Imm 5768 form, there is a ques
No. of person you previously sponsered , whos undertaking is still in effect?
So my question is should i count my wife in undertaking or not. As she is working at a job
The length of undertaking for spousal sponsorship is 3 years from the the day she became a PR irrespective of her financial situation. Therefore, you need to count her in the undertaking as a person you had previously sponsored. You can read up this link https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1355

If necessary, you can get her to be a co-signer with you since she is earning income now. Good Luck!

mannkaur08

Dec 3, 2023
Hi,
In additional forms request, I have been asked for Additional Family Information for my parents. The letter says the following statement. Do I need to fill separate forms for myself and my brother too? Or do they just need forms for my mother and father? Please help.

• IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependants aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.