+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

cccc03303

May 20, 2024
Number to call is 1-888-242-2100. try morning hours as the phone gets really busy later in the day.
Thank you so much for your reply. I tried to call that number but it seems to be an automated answering machine and it asks for application number to check status, which I don’t have lol… I received no update so far, so I don’t have anything to check status… any other ideas?? Or do you know how to speak to a real person on that number? Thanks in advance!!!

Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
Congrats @Shankar Iyer , most likely the reason being Mississauga office doesn't process eCOPR. There are only certian offices in Canada which do that, for example Montreal, Etobicoke etc. Once the application reaches the approval stage, they fwd it to an office for eCOPR to be generated. This is just my assumption of the process as I had a similar situation where our application was approved from Mississauga office but Portal communications all came through Etobicoke office including eCOPR.
I'm in the GTA, and the e-mail I received a few weeks ago said my file was transferred to Vancouver. My parents received their biometrics request in March and submitted them within a few days. Nothing after that. My application is linked via GC Key.

BQ921

Mar 4, 2024
I'm in the GTA, and the e-mail I received a few weeks ago said my file was transferred to Vancouver. My parents received their biometrics request in March and submitted them within a few days. Nothing after that. My application is linked via GC Key.
We are in a similar situation. We submitted the application November 25, linked the file through gc-key few weeks later, got biometrics request in March, and then the sponsorship approval letter on April 17th stating that the file has been transferred to Vancouver. We have heard NOTHING since then.

Anyone else in a similar boat with updates?

bhisham108

Feb 29, 2024
We are in a similar situation. We submitted the application November 25, linked the file through gc-key few weeks later, got biometrics request in March, and then the sponsorship approval letter on April 17th stating that the file has been transferred to Vancouver. We have heard NOTHING since then.

Anyone else in a similar boat with updates?
Yes, same situation. File transferred to Vancouver after biometric request

BOWPhelp

Jun 26, 2019
I'm in Vancouver and they changed mine from Mississauga to Montreal in the last stage of the application, who knows what reasons they do it for but there must be some.
I am so confused. why are they processing applications in a province where we do not even live?!

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for your reply. I tried to call that number but it seems to be an automated answering machine and it asks for application number to check status, which I don’t have lol… I received no update so far, so I don’t have anything to check status… any other ideas?? Or do you know how to speak to a real person on that number? Thanks in advance!!!
You are welcome. This is the way I knew of to reach them, may be try using this option: 2 ,3, 1, 2, 0

cccc03303

May 20, 2024
You are welcome. This is the way I knew of to reach them, may be try using this option: 2 ,3, 1, 2, 0
OMG you are a genius! I kept choosing the option for sponsorship and the auto answering machine kept asking me for an application number which I don’t have. I never thought that I could choose another option (student visa in this case) and get to talk to the agent haha. Now I learned. Thank you so much and have a great weekend!

Samip29

Aug 25, 2019
I received AOR but not able to check the status on ECAS. Is that normal? How long does take to receive the biometric request after AOR?

Opal Sims

May 24, 2024
Starting this thread to discuss 2023 PGP application

As per CIC website
"For the 2023 intake, we’ll invite potential sponsors from the remaining pool of interest to sponsor forms submitted in 2020. Between October 10 and 23, 2023, we’ll send 24,200 invitations to apply to potential sponsors. Our goal is to accept up to 15,000 complete applications. "

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html

Good luck to all of who eagerly waiting reunion with their parents in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can we apply to be sponsored this year (2024) or would our application be returned?
Your question doesn't make sense. Are you in the pool since 2020? Did you receive ITA this week?

shimnui1

Jun 28, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG you are a genius! I kept choosing the option for sponsorship and the auto answering machine kept asking me for an application number which I don’t have. I never thought that I could choose another option (student visa in this case) and get to talk to the agent haha. Now I learned. Thank you so much and have a great weekend!
You are welcome, glad it worked.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Hello Guys,

I just want to check out. I might be left behind already.

Submitted Last November 24, 2023. Still no AOR and the PR portal account showing submitted status. The Sponsor is from MB.

Is there anyone here still on the same boat?
thank you very much.

SC1989

May 2, 2024
Hello Guys,

I just want to check out. I might be left behind already.

Submitted Last November 24, 2023. Still no AOR and the PR portal account showing submitted status. The Sponsor is from MB.

Is there anyone here still on the same boat?
thank you very much.
yup, same boat!

Reactions: pedropil