+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Mar 22, 2024
Vietnam
Hi folks,
All Biometrics/Medical/Police Clearance Certificate are done, still waiting for pre-approval and further steps. Can my parents come to Canada under TRV then stay here to apply for PR card without going back to my country when decision made received?

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Hi folks,
All Biometrics/Medical/Police Clearance Certificate are done, still waiting for pre-approval and further steps. Can my parents come to Canada under TRV then stay here to apply for PR card without going back to my country when decision made received?
Yes they can

uncommonfriend

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
my acquaintance submitted an application for PGP on November 10, 2023 but hasn't received an AOR yet despite request for additional documents in January 2024. Any one else in the same boat? Any idea on the timelines for this stream?

viraj7565

Aug 17, 2018
Inland applicant
I have received email to confirm my dad PR
IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) /
This email is 2 step process. Once it's received and ircc sets up , ecopr will be available followed by PR card,
The email has all the necessary info.

Just my piece of advice, whatever info they ask please send them on time and you should be good,
Good luck to all
Hi, i am waiting for the "IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) " step as mine is an inland application for parents as well. Everything is done, just waiting for the email you mention. Wanted to check on below questions:

1. Your timeline on when you got the email aftr getting an update on your profile for final decision ?

2. Is this the PR Portal link where you get the PR confirmation ? https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca

3. Can you give bit more details on what the 2 step process is and how long that takes ?

4. Is the ecopr available immediately on the PR portal after the 2 step process or do we need to wait for another email from IRCC?

Thanks a lot !

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
I cannot link my file with XF number. Please advice how to link the file. Should I wait for AOR
You need to remove X and use the number starting from F. For number of people in application, it will be your parents + yourself + your co sponsor (if applicable). No children should be added

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
Hi, i am waiting for the "IRCC - Permanent Residence Portal (PR Confirmation) " step as mine is an inland application for parents as well. Everything is done, just waiting for the email you mention. Wanted to check on below questions:

1. Your timeline on when you got the email aftr getting an update on your profile for final decision ?

2. Is this the PR Portal link where you get the PR confirmation ? https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca

3. Can you give bit more details on what the 2 step process is and how long that takes ?

4. Is the ecopr available immediately on the PR portal after the 2 step process or do we need to wait for another email from IRCC?

Thanks a lot !
There isn't anything concrete
On the GC link portal - Mar 24 it was mentioned as we are finalizing the application.
Mar 28 is when I got email from ircc Etobicoke first email ( for portal confirmation)

The above process is 2 step email, follow this u will understand better
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

viraj7565

Aug 17, 2018
There isn't anything concrete
On the GC link portal - Mar 24 it was mentioned as we are finalizing the application.
Mar 28 is when I got email from ircc Etobicoke first email ( for portal confirmation)

The above process is 2 step email, follow this u will understand better
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html
Thanks, that was helpful !
I got similar update like you saying
"Latest update:
Final decision - March 20, 2024. Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made. "
But havent heard back since then.
My parents are currently in Toronto and will be travelling to Florida in next couple of weeks. Two situations:
1. If they dont get the eCOPR by when they leave Toronto, can they come back on their visitor visa ? or do i need to apply for PRTD?
2. If they get eCOPR before they leave Toronto, then they need to apply for PRTD to reenter ? Or can they still show visitor visa to reenter ?

Thanks a lot for responding and taking the time out!

Tykoon

Dec 15, 2023
Hi folks,
Are you able to link your application?

commando

Jan 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Yes
Nov 3 applicant. waiting for AOR
I have the XF file number but unable to link. will wait until I receive a formal AOR