alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
I just reviewing all the form that were submitted and realized I made an error in IMM5768 form question 14 employment history for last 3 years. I accidentally entered 2020 duration twice instead of 2020 and 2021 years history. gross income is correct just error in month and year. What should I do? application submitted on Nov 3

abcd4513

Oct 13, 2023
I got the exact same email today, I had applied on Oct 22 :). What i find bizarre is they're asking as proof of relationship Aadhar card and Voter ID while i submitted my parents marriage certificate as per original checklist. I don't understand how these two documents do a better job at establishing the relationship than a marriage certificate, in fact neither of these documents even mentions the spouse's name.

The other odd thing is they asked for a new passport since my parent's is expiring in August 2024. They said the p'port should have at least 12 months validity, i dont recall reading this in the instruction guide, does anyone? I also find it odd that they are concerned about the passport expiry without looking at anything else, such as my income to sponsor, health exam, etc. Shouldn't they worry about the p'port at the end when they ask for stamping??

Anyway i find this all very confusing, looks like IRCC has an "extra" document checklist for each country of origin that they ask for whether or not it makes any sense. I'll try to collect and send these documents within 30 days like they've said.
Yes same lol. I had submitted their marriage certificate as well. My parents' Adhaar cards and Voter ID cards had each other as spouses though, even though their names were misspelled. I noted it in my email to them. The letter also said that as the application was not complete, it will be considered as complete and submitted into the processing queue once I respond with the documents as of that date. As i had submitted the marriage certificate, I also made the following note in my email to them -
  • As the marriage certificate was included in the original application and therefore the application was "complete", I would appreciate if this application keeps its original submission date in the processing queue.

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Yes same lol. I had submitted their marriage certificate as well. My parents' Adhaar cards and Voter ID cards had each other as spouses though, even though their names were misspelled. I noted it in my email to them. The letter also said that as the application was not complete, it will be considered as complete and submitted into the processing queue once I respond with the documents as of that date. As i had submitted the marriage certificate, I also made the following note in my email to them -
  • As the marriage certificate was included in the original application and therefore the application was "complete", I would appreciate if this application keeps its original submission date in the processing queue.
Good for you, my parent's aadhar card is from 2012 and spouse's name isn't mentioned. But my mother's voter's ID has the husband name, however there are name mismatches which i will explain in my letter to them. But right now i am waiting to apply for a new passport for them so that i can communicate that status as well, I have sought permission from CGI Vancouver to allow us to apply under TATKAAL so that we can have it within 30 days

abcd4513

Oct 13, 2023
Good for you, my parent's aadhar card is from 2012 and spouse's name isn't mentioned. But my mother's voter's ID has the husband name, however there are name mismatches which i will explain in my letter to them. But right now i am waiting to apply for a new passport for them so that i can communicate that status as well, I have sought permission from CGI Vancouver to allow us to apply under TATKAAL so that we can have it within 30 days
Yes, applying the passport in tatkaal should work. Best of luck!

Reactions: Shankar Iyer

fulton1712

Star Member
Jun 27, 2022
Alberta
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
08-10-2019
Has anyone else had any progress on their application since submission?
I received a letter in the mail yesterday they are asking for additional information, and family form for all the dependents to be hand signed.

kevinmanojkumar1990

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Hello Members, got missing doc email. They said hand signature is missing for dependant in 5406 form. 5406 was an online form and so not really not sure wat to do here. Do i just fill up 5406 manually for both primary applicant and dependant.

appreciate your advice

MBChrisss

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
Hello Members, got missing doc email. They said hand signature is missing for dependant in 5406 form. 5406 was an online form and so not really not sure wat to do here. Do i just fill up 5406 manually for both primary applicant and dependant.

appreciate your advice
We also didn't sign any forms by hand, when did you submit your application? Did you get an application number?

Thanks

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014

appreciate your advice
I haven't gotten into this situation yet, but I think one possible thing to do is go back to the portal and download the zip file. All the web forms you filled have been converted to PDF in there, use that 5406 and get a signature on it, then scan and send it to them.

Another option is to download a PDF version of the family information form which is available online i am sure, hand/computer fill it and sign.

They sure like to complicate things don't they?? I recall some of the forms required to be digitally signed, other than that there was no option to sign them, so why do they ask for it now. And if its important then why not create provision to sign the online forms in the first place

kevinmanojkumar1990

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
I haven't gotten into this situation yet, but I think one possible thing to do is go back to the portal and download the zip file. All the web forms you filled have been converted to PDF in there, use that 5406 and get a signature on it, then scan and send it to them.

Another option is to download a PDF version of the family information form which is available online i am sure, hand/computer fill it and sign.

They sure like to complicate things don't they?? I recall some of the forms required to be digitally signed, other than that there was no option to sign them, so why do they ask for it now. And if its important then why not create provision to sign the online forms in the first place
Exactly… anyone who did this form did so online and there was no option for signature… wondering how they find random apps and send back or is it that they are going to send back to everyone.. frustrating