+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My parents immigrant visa is going to expire soon. If they are unable to visit before expire what’s will be next steps.
Do you mean their COPR? Have they landed yet? If they don't land before their COPR expire, they will lost it. You have to sponsor them again. (Wait for the next round of interest to sponsor to be opened and be lucky to get the lottery.

indbangalore

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
I submitted online on 20th December and I didnt receive any confirmation email.
I can login and see that it says submitted and I am able to download my applications.
Whom do I need to send an email and ask ? And also from where can I get the webform and send it to whom?

indbangalore

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
I submitted online on 20th December and I didnt receive any confirmation email.
I can login and see that it says submitted and I am able to download my applications.
Whom do I need to send an email and ask ? And also from where can I get the webform and send it to whom?
Found it how to do. waiting for their reply

glenn9090

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/06/2014
Doc's Request.
19/11/2014
Nomination.....
08/10/2014
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
14/11/2014
Med's Request
14/01/2015
Med's Done....
31/01/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
05/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/03/2015
LANDED..........
January 2016

ss_88

Oct 17, 2023
I had submitted use of rep form originally along with the application. After app was submitted, i had to sent in an affidavit and they replied that the affidavit was submitted to the office concerned but they could not find me as a representative in the file and asked me to resubmit the use of rep form.

I did this again, but now they are saying "Ensure that the appropriate sections of the form have been originally signed and dated in the proper format by all the relevant parties"

PA, PA spouse and myself the sponsor wrote the complete names in the signature fields and dated. What are they expecting by original signed?

Also, PA signed by writing last name, first name. Would this be an issue?

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
I submitted online Oct 24, have received the same response as other requesting for proof related to parent. I mean I submitted my cancelled Indian passport. Not sure what kind of check are they doing.
And in the request email they have mentioned cancelled pp as one of the document!!! Well hope this doesn't put the processing back to start again after submitting the document

Ctzguy2023

Aug 17, 2023
To all those who submitted the Sponsorship application and faced technical difficulties on submission:

I raised a webform and CIC replied with the following:

Enquiry:
PR Sponsorship Application for Parent was submitted online on Dec 21st 2023 but got an error message showing that there were technical difficulties on the PR portal on submission. However on logging back into the system the Application showed up as submitted. There was no confirmation email received after. Please confirm receipt of Application in the system.

CIC Reply
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We are happy to confirm that IRCC received your application. It will be processed according to the date it was received.
If further information is required, the responsible office may contact you.

Reactions: GNPLC

csvinayak

Star Member
Jul 9, 2010
I see some people are posting they are being requested for additional documents but they haven't put the date for AOR. How is the processing started if they haven't even sent an AOR??
This is pre AOR, initial doc verification which happens in Sydney NS office.

Reactions: GNPLC

techie85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Hi all,

This might be a basic question but I still want to confirm and make sure I don't miss anything.

My mother had come to Canada in Jul 2023 on tourist visa and her return was planned on end of Jan 2024 as per 6 month guidelines. But she has got her PR approved just few days back and she has got the eCOPR but not the PR card yet. Can she now continue to stay after 6 months completion? Is there a need to inform IRCC or anyone that she has received the PR visa and so now she is not planning to return from Canada on the date as informed before.

Thanks in advance.

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
I submitted on October 23rd, received an email today requesting "As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse. NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship." Looks like things are moving.
I got the exact same email today, I had applied on Oct 22 :). What i find bizarre is they're asking as proof of relationship Aadhar card and Voter ID while i submitted my parents marriage certificate as per original checklist. I don't understand how these two documents do a better job at establishing the relationship than a marriage certificate, in fact neither of these documents even mentions the spouse's name.

The other odd thing is they asked for a new passport since my parent's is expiring in August 2024. They said the p'port should have at least 12 months validity, i dont recall reading this in the instruction guide, does anyone? I also find it odd that they are concerned about the passport expiry without looking at anything else, such as my income to sponsor, health exam, etc. Shouldn't they worry about the p'port at the end when they ask for stamping??

Anyway i find this all very confusing, looks like IRCC has an "extra" document checklist for each country of origin that they ask for whether or not it makes any sense. I'll try to collect and send these documents within 30 days like they've said.

Last edited: