+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

MBChrisss

Star Member
Nov 25, 2020
I received a totally irrelevant response, asking me to clean browser cache.. and try again.. totally ignoring my original request... and asking me to submit another webform if the issue still exists.. I wonder if they even read the original inquiry
what was their resolution in your case?

bmm88

Dec 31, 2018
what was their resolution in your case?
i got this in response,i have sent another enquiry to ask them my application shows submitted what i can do at my end if it is not available on your end.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize applications as soon as possible and you will be contacted if additional information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Reactions: Jean_Young

kirby97

Sep 13, 2018
i got this in response,i have sent another enquiry to ask them my application shows submitted what i can do at my end if it is not available on your end.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is not available in the system yet.

Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize applications as soon as possible and you will be contacted if additional information is required.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Have you not mentioned in your first enquiry that it shows submitted?

Saranauri

Mar 6, 2018
Hi There,
Recently I received an email from IRCC stating that I do not qualify to sponsor Parents or Grandparents as family income was below the threshold amount. *Correction here as the Case officer out of no where is calculating the income of 6 people when in reality its just myself, wife,daughter and my parents. I had my sister living with us at that time but she was well over 22 years of age(hence Independent) and earning a six figure salary. I shot back an email to the officer about the confusion. I did get a call from IRCC verifying about my sister last week, now 3 days ago I again got an email with the same reasoning stating that my sister being a dependant at that time(D.O.B 1999) where in actual she is 1992 born. Again I have to correct the officer and sent him her birth certificate,PR Card and license as a proof. I fail to understand as the people working there do not check the application or documents attached properly or if its done deliberately and what should I do next ?.
Did you declare that she is living with you ? I mean do we need to share who all are living with us ?

hopingEE

Oct 5, 2015
If you login to the IRCC account (from where you submitted the application), does it show you application as 'Submitted' with the date/time when you did? That means they have your application, for some reason the automatic email did not work. Also you will be able to download a zip file which is a bundle of all the files you sent them including the forms you filled online, that link appears even while the form remains as submitted. That's how mine is showing right now (I sent the application on Oct 22nd)
Hi Shankar,

Thanks for your response, just to add further details on this Submitted file 21st Dec, Did not received Auto Email Confirmation so submitted the webform and got a weird response
mentioning below
"
If your application was sent by registered mail to the Case Processing Centre, in Edmonton, Alberta, and we have no record of your application, we invite you to:

• Send a photocopy of the original application or a new application by mail to:
Case Processing Centre - Edmonton

Any idea on what is this???

TIA

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi Shankar,

Thanks for your response, just to add further details on this Submitted file 21st Dec, Did not received Auto Email Confirmation so submitted the webform and got a weird response
mentioning below
"
If your application was sent by registered mail to the Case Processing Centre, in Edmonton, Alberta, and we have no record of your application, we invite you to:

• Send a photocopy of the original application or a new application by mail to:
Case Processing Centre - Edmonton

Any idea on what is this???

TIA
Hi TIA

I think they're saying if instead of applying online you sent the application on paper then you could resend a photocopy of the application bundle to the office in Edmonton. But that's not your case, in short this answer is not very helpful to you. Do you have the option to reply back to this email and clarify that you applied online and are enquiring about the online application?

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Agree and thats how it should be , i waited 10 year and when lottery was introduced many new people who were barely qualify got PR for their parents and i was also not lucky enough to have the name picked in lotter , only reason i got selected because they kept pulling from the same pool . They should continue doing this until pool is empty and every one get selected and then open new pool or change the process completely .,
hi dpatel,

The timelines shown are those for your parents (Oct, 14 2022 to 30 Aug 2023)? If so I have a question, sounds like they had supervisa prior to applying for PR. Were they in Canada when they applied for the PR? and would you say having supervisa sped things up for them?

My parents are in a similar situation, and I am hoping that since they have a supervisa it is already established that they're my parents, besides I have enough income to sponsor them. And of course I've given them all the documents they've asked for, just holding on to some hope looking at your case.

Thanks in advance!
Shankar

hopingEE

Oct 5, 2015
Hi TIA

I think they're saying if instead of applying online you sent the application on paper then you could resend a photocopy of the application bundle to the office in Edmonton. But that's not your case, in short this answer is not very helpful to you. Do you have the option to reply back to this email and clarify that you applied online and are enquiring about the online application?
No, Unfortunately there is not an option to respond back to the same email. There are details of the officer mentioned in the Email. Not sure what do i do with that.

The Email says DO NOT REPLY.

Any clue what next ...Was thinking of generating another web form may be?

TIA

kirby97

Sep 13, 2018
An update to all, I submitted my application on 25 December and sent a web form on 31 December and I just got a reply they can confirm that my application has been received.

Edit: I’m a non-EE pnp PR applicant and the reason I’m mentioning this over here is because some applicants who applied in the PR portal in different programs in mid-end December didn’t receive the ircc auto generated confirmation email.

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
An update to all, I submitted my application on 25 December and sent a web form on 31 December and I just got a reply they can confirm that my application has been received.
The deadline was December 22 for submissions. Not sure it will be processed.