+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Saranauri

Mar 6, 2018
Thanks for clarification the same happened to me yesterday the error came n then it shows submitted.
I have asked for the subject from someone,it is

PR Portal (PR application) - Your Permanent Residence application has been successfully submitted.
Thanks for sharing more information . I have not received anything like this either but i cannot resubmit it I think. Do you know if we can fill webform ? We dont even have application number. IRCC person said u will get it once officer will look in to it then only application number will be assigned to us.

viju175

Mar 2, 2017
I have received the invitation to apply for permanent residency of my parents under the PGP(parents and grandparents program). Unfortunately my father hasn't received the passport yet.
Is it possible to submit an application without a passport? Will it be refused if I submit without my father's passport? I will submit once my father will get passport. Tomorrow is the last day to submit the application.

fulton1712

Star Member
Jun 27, 2022
Alberta
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
08-10-2019
I have received the invitation to apply for permanent residency of my parents under the PGP(parents and grandparents program). Unfortunately my father hasn't received the passport yet.
Is it possible to submit an application without a passport? Will it be refused if I submit without my father's passport? I will submit once my father will get passport. Tomorrow is the last day to submit the application.
Apply before the deadline and attach an explanation letter, if you have a receipt of the passport that he applied for attach that as well. Whenever the passport is received upload it with an explanation again through webform. Hope this helps.

Reactions: viju175

bmm88

Dec 31, 2018
Thanks for sharing more information . I have not received anything like this either but i cannot resubmit it I think. Do you know if we can fill webform ? We dont even have application number. IRCC person said u will get it once officer will look in to it then only application number will be assigned to us.
I have tried to fill webform but it requires application id or uci number which we dont have yet. N its required field

DoubleSweet

Dec 21, 2023
I am submitting my parents PGP application 2023 through PR portal,i am signing use of representative form and submitting through pr ,my question is do we need to submit application through representative portal or PR portal ??
If you are a family member of the the principal applicant, I believe you don’t have to submit through representative portal, the PR portal is okay.

DoubleSweet

Dec 21, 2023
Submit the webform under technical issues, won't require UCI. Put everything in the body of the enquiry. That's what I did
The same issue happened to me….No confirmation received yet while some of my friends who submitted their application earlier did receive an automated email to confirm submission. I filled a web form this afternoon but have no idea if anyone will answer my inquiry….So worried about my application, could you please share more information if you have, thanks.

Reactions: Jean_Young

lie2me

Jun 27, 2015
Hello, same issue when submitting last night. First "technical error", then in portal showing "submitted" with a zip package of all the pdf uploaded available to download. Do I need to take some action about it? Thanks!

DoubleSweet

Dec 21, 2023
Hello, same issue when submitting last night. First "technical error", then in portal showing "submitted" with a zip package of all the pdf uploaded available to download. Do I need to take some action about it? Thanks!
What I did is fill webform, call IRCC …. But they said if the status is “submitted “ it should be fine…. I’m confused…I suggest you to call them, at least we let them know there is a technial issue, it’s not our fault…

lie2me

Jun 27, 2015
What I did is fill webform, call IRCC …. But they said if the status is “submitted “ it should be fine…. I’m confused…I suggest you to call them, at least we let them know there is a technial issue, it’s not our fault…
Thanks for your reply! I'll submit a webform explaining the issue.

hopingEE

Oct 5, 2015
Hi Guys I submitted file for my mother on 20th Dec 2023, and did not received any confirmation Email not even system generated
Same thing happened it took me couple attempts to submit it and then it got stuck logged out and logged back in and it said submitted not sure what to do next .....Calling IRCC is a nightmare never got connected with the menu options finally when did it asked for application # which I dont have

hopingEE

Oct 5, 2015
Hi Guys I submitted file for my mother on 20th Dec 2023, and did not received any confirmation Email not even system generated
Same thing happened it took me couple attempts to submit it and then it got stuck logged out and logged back in and it said submitted not sure what to do next .....Calling IRCC is a nightmare never got connected with the menu options finally when did it asked for application # which I dont have

hopingEE

Oct 5, 2015
Thanks for clarification the same happened to me yesterday the error came n then it shows submitted.
I have asked for the subject from someone,it is

Same thing happened it took me couple attempts to submit it and then it got stuck logged out and logged back in and it said submitted not sure what to do next .....Calling IRCC is a nightmare never got connected with the menu options finally when did it asked for application # which I don't have

BienCanada

Star Member
Jan 5, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-03-2023
Does he have an old expired passport? Maybe you can upload that and put in the explanation letter that you are awaiting passport renewal along with evidence of renewal request. If he does not have a passport at all I suppose missing the deadline is not an option. You can upload an explanation letter that passport application is in progress along with whatever evidence you can provide for it. And as someone suggested submit the passport once received through webform. Usually they get back when application is reviewed for requesting forms or documents they want to be resubmitted. One can hope they will do the same in your case in the event that your webform submission is not properly linked to your application.

Reactions: viju175

Amit k

Star Member
Oct 22, 2014
Correct. IRCC hasn't been accepting interest to sponsor for PGP after 2020. And they have been drawing and sending invitation to apply from that 2020 pool.
You will need to wait for them to open up to get into the draw and we do not know when. (if it's available again, it would be 2024 and likely at the end of the year but we don't know)
At the mean time, make sure that your personal income (NOA) meet the income requirement in the pervious and up coming year. Then once the pool is open, you qualify to enter.
Great, thank you all. I guess there is no option but to wait