+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
It's because in the PGP checklist document it states that there should be no gaps in education.

Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)
IMPORTANT: For this form to be accepted, it must be complete (incuding no gaps in time for education and personal history in sections C and D)
This is related to background/Declaration.

As long as you MENTION the timeframe of the particular gap, It won't be an issue. IRCC wants to know each year's details. So if there is an education gap, just have to mention it or include that gap in one continues raw.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Here is the wording in guide related to passport :

Passports
  • Passports for each person being sponsored should include all the pages and be uploaded under “Additional supporting documents” in your online application.
  • The sponsor’s and co-signer’s passport should
    • include the pages showing the passport number, issue and expiry dates, photo, name, surname, and place and date of birth
    • be uploaded under “Supporting documents” in your online application.
  • You don’t need to get translations for the stamps in passports.
Thank you chintan. is this photocopy of all the pages of the passport is related to the travel history in the past 10 years?
because the PRINCIPAL APPLICANT and the DEPENDANT just renewed their passport so the other passport stamps from previous travel are on the old passport. Should we scan all the pages as well for the old passport?

Thank you very much

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
We were gonna upload the entire PDF (since the filesize isn't much) in the Invitation to Apply section under Supporting Documents. I also dont understand why on the invitation PDF they are saying to Upload under the section “Additional Supporting Documents” with the Document name of “Other” in the Portal.
Same with Passports.

In the 5772 guide, it states
You must upload a copy of your Invitation to Apply letter that you received as part of the 2023 intake to your online application under the section “Supporting documents.”
Thanks - i'll just follow the IMM 5772 guide then and upload entire invitation

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Here is the wording in guide related to passport :

Passports
  • Passports for each person being sponsored should include all the pages and be uploaded under “Additional supporting documents” in your online application.
  • The sponsor’s and co-signer’s passport should
    • include the pages showing the passport number, issue and expiry dates, photo, name, surname, and place and date of birth
    • be uploaded under “Supporting documents” in your online application.
  • You don’t need to get translations for the stamps in passports.
A bit confused. What do we upload under 'Travel documents and Passports' then?

Last edited:

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Sorry one more question, when I applied back in 2020, I was on PR. Does that mean I need to attach my non Canadian passport too that I used back then?

I don't remember if I uploaded it as part of the Interest to Sponsor form tbh. Here are the instructions:

If you submitted a passport, other than a Canadian passport, with your Interest to Sponsor form in 2020, please submit a copy of the passport you submitted AND one of the documents listed above to confirm your status in Canada.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
A bit confused. What do we upload under 'Travel documents and Passports' then?
I don't remember now but "Additional supporting documents" is a section and in that section, there will be 'Travel documents and Passports". Either way you have to submit the applicant's passports to the "Travel documents and passports".

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Sorry one more question, when I applied back in 2020, I was on PR. Does that mean I need to attach my non Canadian passport too that I used back then?

I don't remember if I uploaded it as part of the Interest to Sponsor form tbh. Here are the instructions:

If you submitted a passport, other than a Canadian passport, with your Interest to Sponsor form in 2020, please submit a copy of the passport you submitted AND one of the documents listed above to confirm your status in Canada.
You might have submitted an interest form with your PR card only. So you have to upload your PR card (front and back), Canadian Citizenship Certificate (front and back) and Canadian Passport. All three should be combined in one pdf file.

Reactions: chotu123

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
You might have submitted an interest form with your PR card only. So you have to upload your PR card (front and back), Canadian Citizenship Certificate (front and back) and Canadian Passport. All three should be combined in one pdf file.
Hi Chintan,

The PR Portal is now allowing us to upload multiple files for each section. Not sure if this was the case in 2022.

Was it allowing you to do the same?

I'll be uploading PR card, citizenship certificate and passport as 3 separate documents in the Proof of Status section.

mannkaur08

Dec 3, 2023
For my parent's PR application, in form IMM 0008, do I need to add my elder brother's detail as dependent or no?
He is 39 years old and married. Thanks!

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hi Chintan,

The PR Portal is now allowing us to upload multiple files for each section. Not sure if this was the case in 2022.

Was it allowing you to do the same?

I'll be uploading PR card, citizenship certificate and passport as 3 separate documents in the Proof of Status section.
No In 2021 it was not the same platform. The current platform is more clear and easy to understand.
You certainly can upload multiple files as proof of Status documents. There is nothing wrong with it. But I feel to upload only one file. It's just my opinion and not necessary for you to follow it.

Reactions: Munnimehek

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
In form 5669, under Education, can there be gaps in education?
Doesnt say anything explicit about gaps in Education History . There should be no gaps in Personal History of last 10 years though - which is the next section in the form

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023
In form 5669, under personal History, for the time they were retired, do i still mention the time they travelled outside India (their country of residence). like the time they visited me or is it all covered under Retired, regardless what they were doing

mannkaur08

Dec 3, 2023
Can someone please share a sample of Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume for parents sponsor application??

Also, do sponsor & principal applicant need to fill this form together just one copy or separate copies?
Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344) need to be filled

Last edited: