+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

siyaksharifi

Nov 19, 2023
I am a PR holder and just decided to sponsor my parents for getting PR for them . But I saw in the CIC website that I should have an invitation to apply and invitations sent to whom apply for parents sponsorship on 2020. I just decided and do not have a invitation. How may I apply for my parents to get PR? thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a PR holder and just decided to sponsor my parents for getting PR for them . But I saw in the CIC website that I should have an invitation to apply and invitations sent to whom apply for parents sponsorship on 2020. I just decided and do not have a invitation. How may I apply for my parents to get PR? thanks in advance.
You need to wait until the program opens and allows for entries to sponsor parents. It has not been open to new profiles since 2020. It is based on a lottery so next fall wait to see if opens up or it is only for those who submitted a profile in 2020. The program, if and when it opens, will have hundreds and thousands of applicants with only about 15K being approved. Right now there are over 100k in the 2020 pool.

sai_murthy

Aug 2, 2011
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CCP-O
App. Filed.......
05-08-2011
AOR Received.
15-10-2011
File Transfer...
15-10.2011
Med's Request
15-10-2011
Med's Done....
19-10-2011
Interview........
Waivied
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
I am the sponsor, and in my birth certificate, my father's middle name is not written (only surname and first name are written), where as in his passport its present.
Will it be an issue ? if yes, what are the additional steps we need to provide ?

tulip07

Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Sponsored someone 10 years ago (spouse), does not apply right, I think the question is about sponsoring someone in the last 3 years ?? right.

Yes, never co-signed or sponsored anyone. It's just the way they have written the question, it sounds more like that you have to write something by hand or typing on the back of the page. Which is so confusing.

tulip07

Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Chintan,
Thanks for the response.
  1. I do not know which number is the UCI, the CIC guidance states that it should have an hyphen in it, but I do not see any number like that. I do see a 8 digit number next to the CBN number over Property of Canada, and I was wondering if that was the UCI ?
  2. Also New Passport is not issued yet, as name change caused delay. so I do not have a valid passport as I can not enter the expired date in the online form. I am thinking about saying "No Passport " in online form and providing explanation in Letter of explanation and uploading expired passport in the document section. Any suggestion there.
  3. I do not have a birth certificate either. I am hoping they might accept my Canadian Passport, or Aadhar Card, or High School Marksheet for that. Any suggestion?
Thanks

1. Fill all the forms based on the current name in passport. Use the UCI what she has from previous visa. Do an affidavit showing both name is related to the same person and upload the affidavit in additional supporting documents section.
2. If you are sponsoring your mom then you have to provide only your birth certificate. Your mom does not need to provide her birth certificate.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Guys,

For the Principal Applicant and dependent the spouse, Do they need both to provide proof of funds as well?
Thank you

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Only if Spouse is the co-sponsor. If he/she is not, proof of funds is not needed.
Thank you. What I mean is, The Applicant needs to provide proof of funds? and the spouse.

tulip07

Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Same here. I have filled most of my application but not submitted yet. What are your questions/
Questions:
1. If the spouse is not a cosigner, do I have to show her employment information in form 5768?
2. If Passport of the applicant is expired, the online form wont accept the dates, should I say no valid passport and explain this in Letter of explanation?
3. Finally if spouse is not cosigner, and I am sponsoring one person, and I have a child too, so family size will be 4 i guess, although financial history will show 3 as the newly sponsored person was not included in that (Form 5768).

tulip07

Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Your father should electronically sign the form. Since he is in Vietnam, he can do it with help of your friend. You have to guide them where to sign electronically.
Hi Chintan,
Form 1344 page 6 requires applicant and Sponsor's signature, and it has to be uploaded. I cannot sign this form as it is a writeable form ( my adobe is complaining).

Do we need real signatures from applicant and sponsor, or just writing name will be sufficient??
Any suggestions?
We cannot be expected to send this overseas? Just writing name did validate the document and bar code was created.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Thanks, Patel for the advice. I agree requirement is to provide only the last 10 years' personal details, however, when you read the Instruction Guide for the PGP2023 intake it indicates one exception: Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669)

Exception: If you have not worked in the past 10 years (for example, you’re retired), you must provide details of your personal history since the age of 18. The resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) that you provide with your application will help verify the information in this question.

That is why I was asking. The issue is that personal History also asks about City/ Town and Country and I do not have all the details of her travel history when she was in the Middle East during the 70s and 80s. During that period, my whole family used to visit back home once a year for around one month.
Yes, because of that exception, I advised nothing hurt to provide details since the age of 18.

Best source to know where your mother lived in is your mother herself. Ask her as much as you can and make her history by that data.

Reactions: Adeelsyed

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
I would like to confirm two things before I submit the application.
1. IMM 1344 form (We just need to type the names?) since the new forms says to type it only but previous version needed a signature so want to make sure.
2. IMM 1344 (It is giving the co-signer contact info error "The number can not start with 11 etc" since selected canada it automatically assigns 1 so what is the best solution?
I checked online and people had this issue and some left it blank but I do not want this form to be returned so what I did is I selected "Other" and then entered 1 and Canada number.
Anyone who has co-signer can suggest abt this issue too. Also it does not validate with selecting canada number and keep giving this error.

punjabiguy

Feb 10, 2015
@Chintan.patel Hi chintan PR card for my spouse as my spouse is co signer so just received my spouse new PR CARD as old one was expired so just attach old one too or just the recent one which is valid PR CARD?

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
I am the sponsor, and in my birth certificate, my father's middle name is not written (only surname and first name are written), where as in his passport its present.
Will it be an issue ? if yes, what are the additional steps we need to provide ?
It will probably not be a big issue to not have your father's middle name on your birth certificate. However, it is suggested to do an affidavit for a name discrepancy on different documents.