+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Chintan,
Thanks for the response.
  1. I do not know which number is the UCI, the CIC guidance states that it should have an hyphen in it, but I do not see any number like that. I do see a 8 digit number next to the CBN number over Property of Canada, and I was wondering if that was the UCI ?
  2. Also New Passport is not issued yet, as name change caused delay. so I do not have a valid passport as I can not enter the expired date in the online form. I am thinking about saying "No Passport " in online form and providing explanation in Letter of explanation and uploading expired passport in the document section. Any suggestion there.
  3. I do not have a birth certificate either. I am hoping they might accept my Canadian Passport, or Aadhar Card, or High School Marksheet for that. Any suggestion?
Thanks
1. The best place to find UCI number for your parent is on their visitor visa sticker in there passport. I am not sure what is CBN number, but that 8 digit number is UCI number for sure.
2. I am not sure what you should answer because I never had issue of expired passport. sorry for that one.
3. below are the exact wording from IRCC regarding birth certificate:
"If you don’t have access to a birth certificate for someone you’re sponsoring, or the one you have doesn’t clearly show your relationship (for example, a name is incorrect), you can give a document that shows the relationship between you and your family member along with a letter of explanation. You should also still include a copy of your birth certificate."

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
I would like to confirm two things before I submit the application.
1. IMM 1344 form (We just need to type the names?) since the new forms says to type it only but previous version needed a signature so want to make sure.
2. IMM 1344 (It is giving the co-signer contact info error "The number can not start with 11 etc" since selected canada it automatically assigns 1 so what is the best solution?
I checked online and people had this issue and some left it blank but I do not want this form to be returned so what I did is I selected "Other" and then entered 1 and Canada number.
Anyone who has co-signer can suggest abt this issue too. Also it does not validate with selecting canada number and keep giving this error.
1. Yes, type just a name as a signature.
2. Yes many People have issues with that co-signer phone number field. I had the same issue. I filled the form with 1 and uploaded it with whatever barcode generated. When you open the saved form again, it will say it's not validated but it's ok. Additionally, what I did is I attached a letter of explanation mentioning the issue. So when an officer is going to open the form they will get notice the error.

Reactions: faaarii

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
1. Yes, type just a name as a signature.
2. Yes many People have issues with that co-signer phone number field. I had the same issue. I filled the form with 1 and uploaded it with whatever barcode generated. When you open the saved form again, it will say it's not validated but it's ok. Additionally, what I did is I attached a letter of explanation mentioning the issue. So when an officer is going to open the form they will get notice the error.
Many thanks

Reactions: Chintan.patel

Adeelsyed

Star Member
Aug 31, 2021
Yes, because of that exception, I advised nothing hurt to provide details since the age of 18.

Best source to know where your mother lived in is your mother herself. Ask her as much as you can and make her history by that data.
Agreed, thanks. Only thing I was thinking is in this section they are not asking for travel history. Travel details are to be added in other section for the last 10 years only. In this section their focus is on activities like employed/ unemployed, studying etc. and status like Citizen or Visitor etc. in view of this if I just add her status as unemployed and Family Visa for the time she was in Middle East, that should be enough. Just my thoughts!

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Hi . Please could someone guide me on the following:

1. Where should I upload my Canadian Passport as a sponsor?
2. The Birth Certificate is requested under 'Proof of Relationship to Sponsor'. I will upload my birth certificate here. But what about the other 'Birth Certificates' section. What should I upload there?
3. What should I attach under 'Proof of Status' under Supporting documents?

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
Also how do we sign the pdf forms - Im using adobe reader but I cannot sign the form IMM 1344. Do I just type name and enter date? That's not signature though

punjabiguy

Feb 10, 2015
@Chintan.patel thanks a lot Chintan, just wanna confirm one more thing in the job detail of sponser,if the person on covid benfit or maternity leave do we have to specify the details along with gross income in that period liike in job details or is it just sepcifically for job only if we work in that year or time period.

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
Hi . Please could someone guide me on the following:

1. Where should I upload my Canadian Passport as a sponsor?
2. The Birth Certificate is requested under 'Proof of Relationship to Sponsor'. I will upload my birth certificate here. But what about the other 'Birth Certificates' section. What should I upload there?
3. What should I attach under 'Proof of Status' under Supporting documents?
1. I added in "Travel documents" and in "additional documents". Check the guide, guide says add in additional docs.
2. I uploaded all birth certificate in the same category and labelled them properly so that it is easy to identify.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Read the sections Marriage Certificate, Passports and Birth Certificates.

Reactions: chotu123

chotu123

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2014
Nomination.....
10-01-2015
IELTS Request
with app
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
09-08-2015
Passport Req..
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
09-05-2016
anyone here whose parents have a military background ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@Chintan.patel thanks a lot Chintan, just wanna confirm one more thing in the job detail of sponser,if the person on covid benfit or maternity leave do we have to specify the details along with gross income in that period liike in job details or is it just sepcifically for job only if we work in that year or time period.
Would specify your maternity leave time because that is treated differently than unemployment and will explain why you aren’t working. Technically you can also list your period of unemployment as well.

Reactions: punjabiguy

punjabiguy

Feb 10, 2015
******* @Chintan.patel just wanna ask you that if person collect any covid benefit in 2020 or 2021 its considered income and no issues but in 2022 if sponser receive CANADA worker lockdown benefit which i know not considered income,whcih is okay but it wont create any issues right?

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
******* @Chintan.patel just wanna ask you that if person collect any covid benefit in 2020 or 2021 its considered income and no issues but in 2022 if sponser receive CANADA worker lockdown benefit which i know not considered income,whcih is okay but it wont create any issues right?
I am not sure about Canada worker lockdown benefit, but if you are meeting 2022 income requirement without benefit then there is no issue.

I do not have much details about income calculation including or excluding those benefits as I did not received them. sorry.