+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

jvn

Nov 8, 2020
Good evening all,

I have couple questions, so I'm filling out form for my father in PR portal . Since I am not a licensed representative so I have to do it in PR portal.
1 .Am I doing it right in PR portal as long as I also submit "Use of Representative" form?
2. My father is in Vietnam, I will be helping filling form in Canada, can I also help him electronically sign the form? Because I'm planning to get him someone with a computer and use teamview to guide him on signing it on PR portal.

Thanks !

sood2038

Oct 25, 2023
Can we type name of a parent (signature field) on pdf documents if they don't have access to computer in India.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone,

I’ve got a question. the Principal applicant doesn’t know his father’s birthday. His father passed away when the PA was still young.

even on the death certificate there’s no birthday written. No copy of birth certificate as well. this was 1960’s all are manual filing probably lost.

the applicant want’s to be honest so he’s gonna leave it blank for the father’s birthday section and he will submit a explanation letter about this situation.

Is that ok? any inputs? thank you very much.
Many PA's doesn't know the actual birth/death date of their parents or siblings. It's completely normal. I would suggest to enter approx dates and do not leave it blank. IRCC do not asks their birth/death certificates.
That is what I did with my application.

Please note: above is just my suggestion based on my experience. It doesn't mean you have to follow the same route as mine.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: pedropil

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Good evening all,

I have couple questions, so I'm filling out form for my father in PR portal . Since I am not a licensed representative so I have to do it in PR portal.
1 .Am I doing it right in PR portal as long as I also submit "Use of Representative" form?
2. My father is in Vietnam, I will be helping filling form in Canada, can I also help him electronically sign the form? Because I'm planning to get him someone with a computer and use teamview to guide him on signing it on PR portal.

Thanks !
Good morning,

Yes, you are doing it right. Help your father to complete the forms and use PR Portal. You are representative as family or friend and not paid. submit Use of representative form.

Reactions: Munnimehek

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Please help me clarify: 1) If I apply for both parents do I put anyone as primary applicant? or have to have 2 different login for both parents? Does it matter how is primary? 2) Can I use my email to create login ID etc and have a authorized rep form signed to I can track progress? Thanks
You can keep either your mom or your dad as a primary applicant. You have to create only ONE login for both parents no matter who is primary applicant.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone,
I will really appreciate if can get some clarification regarding the following questions I have.
I am sponsoring my parents and they have one dependent kid under 18.

IMM 5562 (Supplementary Info)

1. There is a dependent on file under 18 years of age (Type A dependent)
This form says "history of dependent children 18 years or older.
Since there is no other dependent so I will leave it blank?
It only has space for 1 dependent to add and that means no other info is required, like info of other kids who are NOT DEPENDENT BUT ABOVE 18?

IMM 5406 (Additional Family Info)
You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
1. Shall exclude myself who is sponsoring since I am citizen?
2. Shall exclude the "dependent child under 18" ?

Enter all names in English and in your native language (for example, Arabic, Cyrillic, Chinese, Korean or Japanese script or Chinese commercial/telegraphic code).

3. There is no way to use other languages so how to address this part?

IMM 5669

1. Your full name written in your native language or script
THERE is no way to write in any other language so how to answer this?
2. been refused refugee status, an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de Sélection du Québec [CSQ] or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or a visitor or temporary resident visa, for Canada or any other country or territory?
Shall include all visit visas that was refused? There were two IN TOTAL.?

Many thanks in advance.
I am unable to answer any question related to dependant under 18 questions as I do not have that scenario with my file.

For native language field - just type name in English.

Yes mention visitor visa refusals. Be honest as much as you can with IRCC.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Many PA's doesn't know the actual birth/death date of their parents or siblings. It's completely normal. I would suggest to enter approx dates and do not leave it blank. IRCC do not asks their birth/death certificates.

Please note: above is just my suggestion based on my experience. It doesn't mean you have to follow the same route as mine.

Hope it helps.
I would suggest also include a letter of explaination and tell IRCC that those dates are your best guess.

Reactions: Chintan.patel

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017

Hope it helps.
It really helps. thank you very much

Reactions: Chintan.patel

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
Guys,

Need help on the IMM008 - For the Dependants of Principal applicant

Son - The Sponsor - what should I put on accompanying to Canada, yes or no?
I put NO coz the sponsor is already in Canada and just waiting for them. I don't Know and I am confused.

Daughter - Not accompanying and the reason is over 18 years old. is that correct?

Spouse - Accompanying to canada and already filled out the form IMM5669, IMM5406, IMM5562. How do i upload these forms
on PR account portal online of the principal applicant? which part there?

and also it states there that Any dependant on file 18 years of age or older must also complete a separate IMM 5669, IMM 5406, IMM 5562
So daughter will still have fill out this three forms?

Thanks a lot. Every inputs here really helps.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Guys,

Need help on the IMM008 - For the Dependants of Principal applicant

Son - The Sponsor - what should I put on accompanying to Canada, yes or no?
I put NO coz the sponsor is already in Canada and just waiting for them. I don't Know and I am confused.

Daughter - Not accompanying and the reason is over 18 years old. is that correct?

Spouse - Accompanying to canada and already filled out the form IMM5669, IMM5406, IMM5562. How do i upload these forms
on PR account portal online of the principal applicant? which part there?

and also it states there that Any dependant on file 18 years of age or older must also complete a separate IMM 5669, IMM 5406, IMM 5562
So daughter will still have fill out this three forms?

Thanks a lot. Every inputs here really helps.
You have to understand who can be Dependent. Anyone who rely financially on Principle Applicant is the dependent. So PA's spouse is dependent and you must include him/her. (doesn't matter they are earning or not).

You are the sponsor and you are not depend on your parents financially so you are not dependent. so don't mention yourself as PA's dependent.

Daughter (your sister) - if she is not disable or financially dependent on PA, she is not dependent. Do not include her in file.

Please follow the detailed guide by clicking this link : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Read section "Dependent Children".

I strongly suggest you to thoroughly read the guide for better understanding.

Reactions: pedropil

jvn

Nov 8, 2020
Good morning,

Yes, you are doing it right. Help your father to complete the forms and use PR Portal. You are representative as family or friend and not paid. submit Use of representative form.
Good evening,

Thanks for you reply!
but what about question 2? thanks!

prospective102

Star Member
Feb 12, 2023
Hi all, Would appreciate if anyone could help me with the following question:

In the Financial Evaluation form (imm5768e) for PGP, under the Employment History (Sponsor) section, how should we fill the "Gross income/Benefits for period" column? How do we calculate it?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Vickyehi

Feb 26, 2018
IMO this is all extremely straight forward. The fact you are a citizen has nothing to do with the "won't live".

It's very simple. If the sponsor is living and working in another country other than Canada, then don't qualify to sponsor. The sponsor must be living primarily in Canada (which is what the primary address refers to). The sponsor must also continue to primarily live in Canada until PR is approved. If the sponsor moves to another country while PR is in progress, the application may be refused. So in your scenario, if getting PR for your parents in the priority, then you don't want to move to the US to live and work until after they have become PRs.
What is used to confirm residency? What if the child (sponsor) has residency in USA and citizenship in Canada and goes to USA for work and still maintains their address in Canada (lease, hydro etc)?

doesn’t that count as residency in Canada?