Interview........
Waivied
Passport Req..
06-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
The 2023 document checklist states "If you cannot provide one or more document(s) required by this checklist, you must upload a written explanation for each missing document. Submit any additional information under the section"Additional Supporting Documents" by selecting the Document name as "letter of explanation" in your online application.

1. For items in the document checklist that are not applicable (i.e. details of government employment), should written explanations for each missing form be submitted as an attachment under the section "Additional Applications Forms" or should a single letter combining the written explanations for multiple missing forms be submitted under "Additional Supporting Documents" section?

2. Should the written explanations for the missing forms be provided in separate individual letters (i.e. one for the applicant, and one for the dependent spouse), or can these be submitted as one combined letter?

Thanks!
For 1. , see if you can write "N/A" on the checklist form
1. In form IMM 5768, employment history income needs to be total gross income/benefits.
Does that mean I sum up all income of 5 years? Or just put income of single year?

2. For signature on pdf is it enough to type name?
For 1: I preferred to mention gross for each year and current year till now, so that it will be easy for officer to validate with income requirements table .

For 2: You need to print and sign, as it is not allowing to type in IMM 5768. In IMM 1344, yes we need to type the name.

Reactions: imacuser

law_uqam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
After following the required steps to see if you need to pay pr exempt. Your parents should be exempt. My parents biometrics are also valid until 2029 and got exempted
I am not sure if this is true. I guess for PR you have to do it again and the one you have for visitor visa is not good

law_uqam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Hi,
I am almost completed all required document however I still not sure how should I scan and upload the phots for my parens. I scan the photos and created PDF file with 2 page. Page one is the photo and second page is the back of the photo which photographer hand writes the detail. Is it correct way?

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
FORM 5669 - BACKGROUND ASK to list all the addresses the principle applicant has lived ....my father visited me like 5 years ago...does he need to mention that he lived with us (my family in Canada) and mention the my address in Canada for that period.
Yes, you have to mention your address as his living address for the time being they stayed with you in Canada.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
How should i answer this question; Marital status of my mother. She passed away some years ago. and Marital status of my grandparents, who are passed away as well on FORM IMM 5406 additional family information.
Sorry for your loss of your mother. Here is what I found in guide:

Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
Section A
Write the personal details for:

• Yourself:
    • If when selecting your marital status, you indicate that you are married, select the option that corresponds to your situation:
      • Check “Yes”, if you were physically present at the marriage ceremony
      • Check “No”, if you were not physically present at the marriage ceremony
  • Your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner (if this applies)
    • If you are married, select the option that corresponds to your situation:
      • Check “Yes”, if your spouse was physically present at the marriage ceremony;
      • Check “No”, if your spouse was not physically present at the marriage ceremony.
So based on above You have to mention "married - physically present" if your mom and dad were present at the time of their marriage.

For your grandparents you have to mention marital status as "Not applicable - Deceased".

Hope this helps.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Hi,
I am almost completed all required document however I still not sure how should I scan and upload the phots for my parens. I scan the photos and created PDF file with 2 page. Page one is the photo and second page is the back of the photo which photographer hand writes the detail. Is it correct way?
Yes that is correct way to upload it.

CEC_SK

Oct 7, 2012
Hi,
This is what I did
You can upload multiple files into the section using upload button ..I was confused that we can only upload one document
- I uploaded one picture which is digital copy given by photogrpaher : JPEG
- I did scan of front and back of photo ( photogrpaher details and Parent details ) in PDF format and uploaded this as second document into Photo section

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
Anyone knows what is the current processing time for PGP applications ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Anyone knows what is the current processing time for PGP applications ?
Estimated at 21 months assuming you are outside of Quebec however we are seeing some people from last year get through faster.

Reactions: ersandee

netcheck14

Nov 6, 2023
Hi,

I received an ITA for my parents under the PGP program but unfortunately, I do not meet the financial requirements for 2020 & 2021. Can my brother who is also a Canadian be a co-signer?

tam_ngo

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
FAM
Hello,

I have this question. Could anyone help me answer, please ?

I'm planning to apply a super visa for my mom while waiting for her parental sponsorship to be processed. Does the super visa application cause any trouble for the parental sponsorship application ?

Thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I have this question. Could anyone help me answer, please ?

I'm planning to apply a super visa for my mom while waiting for her parental sponsorship to be processed. Does the super visa application cause any trouble for the parental sponsorship application ?

Thanks,
No issues

Reactions: tam_ngo