+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
OMG. They are trying to "explain" that section incldues ALL children. And by listing all these possible "kind" of children, they didn't include JUST "children". LOL (like single, normal children of all ages) I think they have made it more confusing than clear.
I mean e.g. "any of your children who have been adopted by others," which means your children... being adopted or not.
I hope that's correct. Going to fix it:).
Thanks.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes she is included as a dependent. No it’s my father as principal applicant and mother as a dependent on PA. I am sponsoring both.
Then you need
One Form IMM 5406 filled by/as your father (PA) with all spouse, children, parents, sibling information in the form (your mom as spouse)
One Form IMM 5406 filled by/as your mother (dependent) with all spouse, children, parents, sibling information in the form (your dad as spouse)

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hi I have one more question - I received invite on October 13, 2023. We are family of 3 me, my wife and one kid. We expecting our second child next week. Does it make sense to wait for the child to born and then submit the application. As family size will increase from 3 to4. I am sponsoring my mother and father. In that case, our family size will be 6 right? Also my wife will be my cosignor. So in imm5768e form under employment history do I mentioned that my wife currently on Mat leave. I have checked LICO requirements and we both have income required for family size of 6. Also, under employment history family size will be 6 for the current period. All preview period it will be 5. Is that correct? Please advise.

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Then you need
One Form IMM 5406 filled by/as your father (PA) with all spouse, children, parents, sibling information in the form (your mom as spouse)
One Form IMM 5406 filled by/as your mother (dependent) with all spouse, children, parents, sibling information in the form (your dad as spouse)
Absolutely! Thank you so much

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hi I have one more question - I received invite on October 13, 2023. We are family of 3 me, my wife and one kid. We expecting our second child next week. Does it make sense to wait for the child to born and then submit the application. As family size will increase from 3 to4. I am sponsoring my mother and father. In that case, our family size will be 6 right? Also my wife will be my cosignor. So in imm5768e form under employment history do I mentioned that my wife currently on Mat leave. I have checked LICO requirements and we both have income required for family size of 6. Also, under employment history family size will be 6 for the current period. All preview period it will be 5. Is that correct? Please advise.
@YVR123 - can you plz respond to this?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
You are correct. And yes. better to wait till child is born since it's before the deadline to submit. Then you dont' need to update all the forms after the baby is born.
I don't know exactly how to document "Mat leave" on that form. So hopefully others can respond.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
OMG. They are trying to "explain" that section incldues ALL children. And by listing all these possible "kind" of children, they didn't include JUST "children". LOL (like single, normal children of all ages) I think they have made it more confusing than clear.
I mean e.g. "any of your children who have been adopted by others," which means your children... being adopted or not.
Thanks, I am going to fix the form.

LogicalThinking

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2017
Med's Done....
03-Mar-2017
Passport Req..
01-May-2017
Please check this

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1542&top=14
Do I include time on parental leave in my employment history for sponsoring my parents?

When filling out your financial evaluation form (IMM5768), you need to fill out your employment history. Since you’re still employed during parental leave, you can include that time in the employment period for that employer (question 14).
You should list your total income for the entire employment period, not just your annual income.

Reactions: YVR123

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
No, it has nothing to do with inactive members as long as there are enough active members here. More importantly, inactive members may return on the news of PGP 2023.

If the assumption is that IRCC would send the same amount of invites each day, then this should also stand, that is, NEW invites posted in this forum should be evenly distributed across the past 2 weeks each (week)day.

However, the actual contradicted this: new invites are ONLY posted actively each day in the 1st week, but it is NOT the case in the 2nd week obviously.

So the conclusion is the invites are mostly sent out in the 1st week, and fewer are sent in the 2nd. Period.

(If you still use emotional thinking, I would recommend you do the math properly. Do not talk to me. LOL)
You are a :D frustrated Person LOL

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
You are correct. And yes. better to wait till child is born since it's before the deadline to submit. Then you dont' need to update all the forms after the baby is born.
I don't know exactly how to document "Mat leave" on that form. So hopefully others can respond.
Correct

Nedi27

Oct 19, 2023
For the application fee can it be paid by a family member I mean my brother will create an account for the online service and pay for it using his credit card or does the sponsor need to pay using their account?

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What do you mean - one of your parents? So you have one parent who has passed away or they are divorced? If not, you include both parents. Your sponsorship of husband is not relevant.
my mother passed away some years ago. I have only my father to sponsor. we are a family of 5 excluding my father that we need to sponsor how will we included them in the form. how will I give my kids information and my Husband information that I sponsored some years ago.

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,
I will really appreciate your all help. we are a family of 5 husband, myself, plus 3 kids. I sponsored my husband like 10 years ago. Now I am sponsoring my father. which forms I need to fill. myself and my husband we are married. Please help me.

407 ETR

May 3, 2017
Hi everyone,
I am almost ready to submit my application for my parents, but before I do so, I am seeking some clarification:

1. On the PR portal, there are a number of required forms/ documents to fill out (Done)
2. On the checklist (imm5771e form) there are some information there which are not in the PR portal, eg. financial evaluatuon (imm 5768 form). Do I add this to the supporting documents section of the PR portal?
3. On the checklist there are also some forms that do not apply to my situation, eg: statutory declaration of common law union (imm 5409 form). Do i submit a blank form?
4. Both my parents are retired, do I still submit a resume/ CV?

Thank you in advance for your help.

law_uqam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
I have a question regarding adding Dependants in Generic application form for Canada (IMM 0008), should I also add myself which sponsoring my parents and complete all the travel history and education history? this is too much works :mad::mad: