+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
I have a quick question:
Form IMM 5406 Additional Family Information. Do we need include myself who is a Canadian citizen? Thanks
No, don't put yourself there. Read the explanation on the top of the form 5406 section B 'Additional family info'
You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents.

pedropil

Dec 2, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
16-05-2016
AOR Received.
09-06-2016
Med's Request
18-04-2017
Med's Done....
18-05-2017
Interview........
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
06-07-2017
After filling out the IMM1344 i hit the validate then the last page went out but the barcode is missing only the numbers on the bottom showing up. is that valid?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Actually, if you are a permanent resident of Canadian citizen you don't put yourself there.
You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
This is incorrect. We are talking about form IMM 5406 "Additional family form". And we area talking about what is being filled IN the form.
Not WHO needs to fill the form.
PA will fill that form and inside the form will include every additional family member and likely including the sponsor. (for PGP, sponsor is likely the son/daughter of the PA)

On the contrary, do not put yourself in IMM0008.

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
This is incorrect. We are talking about form IMM 5406 "Additional family form". And we area talking about what is being filled IN the form.
Not WHO needs to fill the form.
PA will fill that form and inside the form will include every additional family member and likely including the sponsor. (for PGP, sponsor is likely the son/daughter of the PA)

On the contrary, do not put yourself in IMM0008.
So in short , do I need to include my name as a child/sponsor of principal applicant who is Canadian citizen? It's so confusing.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
So in short , do I need to include my name as a child/sponsor of principal applicant who is Canadian citizen? It's so confusing.
Follow the guide. The form asked for the children of PA (for PA's IMM5406), and there is no condition to exclude any children. So if you are PA's child, put your information there.

btw IMM 5406 DO NOT have information about "sponsor", are we talking about a different form?
OK. To make it clear, I just downloaded IMM5406e and in SECTION B - CHILDREN
the instruction said:
"Include ALL sons and daughters, ioncluding ALL adopted and step-children, regardless of age or place of resdience."

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Follow the guide. The form asked for the children of PA (for PA's IMM5406), and there is no condition to exclude any children. So if you are PA's child, put your information there.

btw IMM 5406 DO NOT have information about "sponsor", are we talking about a different form?
the instruction said:
"Include ALL sons and daughters, ioncluding ALL adopted and step-children, regardless of age or place of resdience."
This is what it says

Additional family information

You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Enter all names in Englis! and in your native language (for example, Arabic, Cyrillic, Chinese, Korean or Japanese script or Chinese commercial/telegraphic code). If a section does not apply, write "Not Applicable.

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015

the instruction said:
That's not right. Online PR portal instructions are different. I just shared what online portal says. Hence sharing it again

You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members TE years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Enter all names in Englis! and in your native language (for example, Arabic, Cyrillic, Chinese, Korean or Japanese script or Chinese commercial/telegraphic code). If a section does not apply, write "Not Applicable.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This is what it says

You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Enter all names in Englis! and in your native language (for example, Arabic, Cyrillic, Chinese, Korean or Japanese script or Chinese commercial/telegraphic code). If a section does not apply, write "Not Applicable.
This is for WHO needs to fill their IMM 5406 form.
SO if your mom has a kid that's over 18 but under 22 and not a Canadidan, then she needs to help that kid to fill that form. (a form IMM 5406 including your mom's information as mother and your information as brother/sister)

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
SO if your mom has a kid that's over 18 but under 22 and not a Canadidan, then she needs to help that kid to fill that form. (a form IMM 5406 including your mom's information as mother and your information as brother/sister)
Ahhh, so this means in the children section I must fill my details and my sister details even if we are Canadian citizen. Principal applicant is my father and I am sponsor - so my father will fill both me and my sister info in 5406 form even if we are Canadian. Right

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Ahhh, so this means in the children section I must fill my details and my sister details even if we are Canadian citizen. Principal applicant is my father and I am sponsor - so my father will fill both me and my sister info in 5406 form even if we are Canadian. Right
This is correct. Is you mother included as a dependent in this application? Or it's only your father?

Reactions: Munnimehek

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
This is what the Application Guide says about the Section B - Additional family info.
Section B

Include:
married children,
adopted children,
children of your spouse(step-children) or common-law partner,
any of your children who have been adopted by others,
any of your children who are in the custody of an ex-spouse, former common-law partner or other guardian.

You must answer all questions. If any sections don’t apply to you, enter “Not Applicable”.

I am confused now. Why is there not written 'children' only.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
It make sense.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This is what the Application Guide says about the Section B - Additional family info.
Section B

Include:
married children,
adopted children,
children of your spouse(step-children) or common-law partner,
any of your children who have been adopted by others,
any of your children who are in the custody of an ex-spouse, former common-law partner or other guardian.

You must answer all questions. If any sections don’t apply to you, enter “Not Applicable”.

I am confused now. Why is there not written 'children' only.
OMG. They are trying to "explain" that section incldues ALL children. And by listing all these possible "kind" of children, they didn't include JUST "children". LOL (like single, normal children of all ages) I think they have made it more confusing than clear.
I mean e.g. "any of your children who have been adopted by others," which means your children... being adopted or not.

Reactions: nov1061