+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
I don’t think we need any form like that even though is there is difference in calculation as all three years our combined income is over 125k for family size of 5 which is way over the what is the real LICO… correct me if I am wrong
This form helps how cic will calculate your income.
Since I have family of 6 and while filling this form few numbers got change because EI amount was deducted for 2022 9one of us were on EI for few months).
So I meant if anyone has any doubt about income MUST FILL THIS FORM for your own (since we dont have to submit it but better to see the exact numbers).
As others said, you are good but this is what I did though our combined incomes are around 150k.
All the best.

law_uqam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
I have a question, at the time I applied for my parent in 2020, I was permanent residence, however now when I am submitting application, I became citizen. this part for sponsor status is confusing for me now. why should I upload my expired PR card?

IMPORTANT: A copy of the exact status in Canada document you submitted with your 2020 Interest to Sponsor form must be included with your application to sponsor your parents and grandparents.

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
I have a question, at the time I applied for my parent in 2020, I was permanent residence, however now when I am submitting application, I became citizen. this part for sponsor status is confusing for me now. why should I upload my expired PR card?

IMPORTANT: A copy of the exact status in Canada document you submitted with your 2020 Interest to Sponsor form must be included with your application to sponsor your parents and grandparents.
I will add the following documents as one merged file starting with scan copy of PR card, citizenship certificate and passport.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Which document should I put under invitation to apply under portal ? Thanks
PDF invitation letter you received in your email (if you are a sponsor).
If you are principle applicant than ask your sponsor to provide the invitation letter they received in email to upload on portal.

Reactions: YVR123

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM

Upload your expired PR card, Citizenship certificate and first page of your Canadian passport in ONE PDF file.
IRCC will accept it as they will figure out you got citizenship now and PR card is no longer valid.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Unless you are sponsoring your grandparents you don't need to submit your parents birth certificate.What you need is just yours to prove your relationship to your parents.
If you are applying for your parents, You need your birth certificate and your parent's marriage certificate.
If you are applying for your grand parents, you need your birth certificate, your parent's marriage certificate, birth certificates and your grand parents marriage certificate.

Reactions: canmart

law_uqam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
do we have any tutorial or help documentation to shows step by steps filling the forms and uploading documents? one of question I have is, for example for *Travel documents and passports (required) or *Photo(s) (required) sections, should we upload the pdf including both parents images or passports?

another question I have is, do we need to upload all pages of the parent passport or just first page? if we need to upload all pages of 2 parents in this section, it will be a big file

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi dear folks.
Guess lucky us are preparing the document now.
I have some questions and hope anyone could help answer.
Basic information for my case:
1. My wife (sponsor) is applying for her parents. Her income does not meet the minimum requirement. We are a family with 2 kids, and now undertaking 2, so total number is 6.
2. I am co-signer. My income meets minimum requirement. both wife and myself had filed tax and NOAs in the past 7 years.
3. Wife, myself, kids are all Canadian citizen.
4. Wife has been in Canada in the past 7 years. I'm working in different countries with work visa and come back to Canada every 2-4 months. Sometimes I stay outside of Canada for 6 months continuously, sometimes I stay in Canada for 6 months continuously, working from home for the employer outside of Canada. I don't have a Canadian employer since 2020.

Questions:
1. Form 1344, co-signer residency declaration: Are you a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada? My assumption is No. As I do live both in Canada and other countries.
2. Form 1344, co-signer eligibility assessment, question 3: Do you reside in Canada and no other country? My understanding is, my home is in Canada, and I have strong tie with Canada. But I do live in other countries due to work. What should I answer?
3. Form 5768, question 17 employment history: I worked in different countries not by calendar year, so the gross income of the period will not match my NOA which is by tax year. Should I break down the period by calendar year, so it's easier to match NOA?
4. Form 5768, I have a period of unemployment, but I did receive a payment from employer due to termination of my contract prematurely. So in that period, my status is unemployed, but have gross income?
5. Form 5768, my wife has a period of unemployment, but she had rental income from house that we owned. So during that period, will her status be unemployed, but have gross income?

Thanks a lot in advance. Hope everyone is progressing well.
You must answer that you also live abroad and it appears that you return to visit Canada. There is a good chance that your wife will not qualify to sponsor her parents given that the income that will qualify is based on you living and working abroad. It will be up to IRCC to determine whether you will be able to use the income given your situation. Your presence in Canada since 2020 will be especially important and how you structure your employment and taxes. The goal of the program is to allow longterm residents and taxpayers to bring their family members to Canada. Even if you received rental income your wife would still be unemployed.

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,
I have forgot information i gave while applying for sponsorship in 2020. In the application they say if any information is changed I need to write the letter. The only information I can remember that has been changed is the address. other than htat i do not remember what other information i gave. please help me with this. Thanks.

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,
I have forgot information i gave while applying for sponsorship in 2020. In the application they say if any information is changed I need to write the letter. The only information I can remember that has been changed is the address. other than htat i do not remember what other information i gave. please help me with this. Thanks.

elegant.heena

Star Member
Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I need help with the form IMM5768 FINANCIAL EVALUATION FOR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS. I am just going to one of my parents. i sponsored my husband like 10 years ago. How would I fill up question 3 onwards. where would i give information about my kids. thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I need help with the form IMM5768 FINANCIAL EVALUATION FOR PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS. I am just going to one of my parents. i sponsored my husband like 10 years ago. How would I fill up question 3 onwards. where would i give information about my kids. thanks
What do you mean - one of your parents? So you have one parent who has passed away or they are divorced? If not, you include both parents. Your sponsorship of husband is not relevant.