Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/4/2015
LANDED..........
12/05/2015
Any picks from today?. As days pass by, hope is vanishing too. Feel more nervous then ever. been waiting for 13 years.

• Sad
Reactions: Canadadream2009

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oh my god. 13 years. I feel so sorry. I've bene waiting for 7 and I thought I had it bad.
I came to Canada as international student in 2008 and got my PR in 2013........ I know number of people similar to me.....

Last edited:

Denish918

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
13-03-2014
File Transfer...
16-03-2014
Med's Request
24-03-1205
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/4/2015
LANDED..........
12/05/2015
oh my god. 13 years. I feel so sorry. I've bene waiting for 7 and I thought I had it bad.
Yes. 13 long years. Feels this system is so unfair that I have seen people applied in their first year got the email.
also, get so frustrated when someone says that they do not qualify financially. why to take someone's chance when you know that you do not qualify. So mush anger within.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any picks from today?. As days pass by, hope is vanishing too. Feel more nervous then ever. been waiting for 13 years.
Sadly I think they are done...... Mine starts with two alphabet and honestly maybe I saw two people who got invite ; majority were two numbers and then one alphabet and one number, I have no idea how their picks work... ZERO transparency

alexpolis007

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
OMG.. i am on year 6 and feel so bad.. i can't imagine what you must be going through..
the worst part is my folks keep checking with me year long... and i feel they think i am intentionally not bringing them to Canada permanently..
sorry, i am rating about my family dynamics.. ha ha...

can't think of what other better systems they can implement.. the lottery system will evidently leave out a bunch of folks disappointed and heart broken

pk10

Star Member
May 29, 2010
I came to Canada as international student in 2008 and got my PR in 2013........ I know number of people of similar to me.....
Think I got you beat on the misery scale. Came 2002. PR 2011. Citizen 2017.

I make like 20x the required income. Quite literally. Pay more in taxes than people make in many years.

I hate the process :( Feeling left over and over.

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Think I got you beat on the misery scale. Came 2002. PR 2011. Citizen 2017.

I make like 20x the required income. Quite literally. Pay more in taxes than people make in many years.

I hate the process :( Feeling left over and over.
I know the frustration, specially I see people who cheat on their tax return when their parents are picked...........

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do people cheat on their tax returns? And if they do, how many are successful.
They will go to accountant and refile their tax return, pretending that they made the difference back in their country, the cost is only pay a bit money as tax and boom! No idea of the success but in different group , people are asking about it

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
They will go to accountant and refile their tax return, pretending that they made the difference back in their country, the cost is only pay a bit money as tax and boom! No idea of the success but in different group , people are asking about it
Just because people are asking doesn’t mean it is going to work. If they do refile and all of sudden find “new income” it will open them up to audits on all their tax years. This will freeze their CRA account beyond the time required to submit new NOA.

Sena League

Oct 18, 2023
Hello, I have a question regarding the Permanent Residence Portal and the Representative Permanent Residence Portal. I'm currently helping with my parent's application for sponsorship. Should I use the Permanent Residence Portal or consider using the Representative Permanent Residence Portal account? My parent does not know English at all so they are unable to do the application themselves. I will be the one doing that for them

Additionally, I became a permanent resident in 2019 through spousal sponsorship. Does the 5-year bar apply to me when sponsoring my parents? Any insights on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Its a very brutal and unfair system, i feel so bad for you. I waited 7 long years before i finally made it this year. Its hard to find words of hope or encouragement, but my best hope at least since 2020 was that they keep pulling out of that draw each year from the ' 2020 Interest to Sponsor pool' which increases the chances of winning for those left in the pool. That makes it unfair to others waiting to express the interest to sponsor ... so there's always someone that'll be left with the feeling that justice wasn't made to them.

Just don't give up hope until you know that the draw for this year is over ... you never know you could be the last person they pick this year :), all the very best to you!!

Last edited:

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
OMG.. i am on year 6 and feel so bad.. i can't imagine what you must be going through..
the worst part is my folks keep checking with me year long... and i feel they think i am intentionally not bringing them to Canada permanently..
sorry, i am rating about my family dynamics.. ha ha...

can't think of what other better systems they can implement.. the lottery system will evidently leave out a bunch of folks disappointed and heart broken
My suggestion to the govt would be to run the income check up front when they do the Interest to Sponsor forms ... and then issue the lottery. At least that eliminates the possibility of people dropping off due to lack of income after they are invited. It'll make the lottery process more involved and cumbersome ... but hey this is 2023 there's all kinds of technology available to do this. Besides if the govt is asking for the sponsor's names, address, passport# etc. all they need is the SIN# at the Interest to Sponsor stage to tell if the individual will qualify or not. It'll also speed up the PR processing because all sponsors that apply will be income qualifying, so they could pretty much eliminate that step.

My feeling is this is the government's least preferred category of immigration, so they pay the least attention to it. Even the application process is so tedious and cumbersome. I am amazed at the extent of information they ask you to fill out for parents who in majority of the cases are elderly and may live retired lives after they come to Canada. But this is what we have for now ... at least Canada is letting us bring our families over, so many western countries don't.

Good luck to all those waiting, may this be your day!!

law_uqam

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
anyone from Quebec here who received the letter? I am looking for a someone to complete the application to make sure not make any mistake