+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The person is not responding! I honestly don't want to give false hopes but will be watching for her response and any others.....

kma_85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Oakville, ON
IELTS Request
Overall 7.5
Hi Guys, a few questions on my 2023 PGP application. I will be applying for my parents and my father will be the PA and mother will be dependent.
  1. Can I upload the PA forms from same email ID as mine? (as my father wouldn't be able to scan and upload the docs on the portal himself as he is not very tech savvy)
  2. the guide mentions we should upload the same status in Canada document that was submitted at the time of Interest to Sponsor. However at that time I used my PR card and now I am a citizen and hence the PR card died. Do I need to provide a letter of explanation for this?
Thanks
1. Yes you can, fill the representative form with yourself as representative
2. Same situation with us, I submitted a copy of the PR card that was used in 2020 and copy of the passport as well.

Reactions: mws87

ps2207

Sep 20, 2023
hey, few questions on my 2023 PGP Application for my Parents.
1.Do we need to add travel history in personal and address section of this form (IMM5669)
2.Grand Parents Birth and Death Dates are not available as well as town or city of birth. what do we fill in these options?
3. Parents also dont have the birth certificate? is it required for them to upload it if we are not applyingfor grand parents?

pk10

Star Member
May 29, 2010
I think invites are pretty much done. Even last time around after a week they were done. Today is the 6th day out of 10 business days.

Sad as hell. Stupid system.

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
I think invites are pretty much done. Even last time around after a week they were done. Today is the 6th day out of 10 business days.

Sad as hell. Stupid system.
Same!

It's not fair for people who are waiting for so long!

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok so the person said she received the invite yesterday...... Sorry for the false hope. It seems it is done.... :(

kma_85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Oakville, ON
IELTS Request
Overall 7.5
hey, few questions on my 2023 PGP Application for my Parents.
1.Do we need to add travel history in personal and address section of this form (IMM5669)
2.Grand Parents Birth and Death Dates are not available as well as town or city of birth. what do we fill in these options?
3. Parents also dont have the birth certificate? is it required for them to upload it if we are not applyingfor grand parents?
1. Yes unless it was a short trip, you are the better judge. I mentioned all the address they were in with dates for last 10 years
2. Mention the country of birth atleast and mention date of death not available. If available just mention the year of death. I suggest writing an explanation letter
3. For Indians its safe to upload 10th markscard instead of birth certificate. You will have to check what's ideal in your situation. If you are applying for grand parents you need to prove the relationship with official documentation, a simple affidevit will not work.

Last edited:

ss_88

Oct 17, 2023
I received invite afternoon ~ 1pm today.
Questions:
Is there a step by step process/procedure available on how to apply?
Dependents below age of 18 are eligible for this? Correct? i.e. Dependent here is sister.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Questions:
Dependents below age of 18 are eligible for this? Correct? i.e. Dependent here is sister.
Dependents are age 21 and below (have to be single - unmarried and not common law)

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Questions:
OMG! Really? Could you provide the first two digit of the confirmation number? I think dependent is up to 22 years old!

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Omg yayyyy that means they’re still sending out invites this week!!!
Questions:
Sorry just so I’m not giving myself false hope you received it today Oct 17th? My apologies for asking again.