+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Good morning folks,

I received an invite this morning for my parents ~8am PST. My number starts with 946.

I've been trying my luck every year since 2017 and feel extremely lucky to win the lottery finally. So I fully empathize with the feelings of anxiety, excitement, frustration, despair and hopelessness one may feel with the process. My parents are quite elderly, so I even used to wonder if their age had anything to do with not getting invited all these years. But I can now attest to the fact that it truly is a random lottery and a game of luck. I also used to wonder if my number was still in the draw from 2020 or may have been removed accidentally (your mind goes to wrong places when things are not favorable to you). I still don't think its a fair process but this is what we have for now.

So good luck to all those that are still waiting, do not loose hope, this is only day 3 and we have until Oct 23.

Best
Shankar
Age is not a deciding factor. As long as they are healthy and pass the medical, they are fine.

SSALH

Apr 2, 2020
Hello Everyone,
Got an invite today morning for my mother.
I have a question.
In January, I am going on Maternity leave and planning to call my mother for help on visitor visa.
if I apply now for visitor visa and at the same time complete the PGP process, will this impact her application in any way?
Shall I first apply for visitor and then complete the PGP application?
please advise.

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I have a question.
In January, I am going on Maternity leave and planning to call my mother for help on visitor visa.
if I apply now for visitor visa and at the same time complete the PGP process, will this impact her application in any way?
please advise.
I would suggest apply for visitor visa before submitting pgp file. There have been cases where visitor gets refused if pr file is underway.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I have a question.
please advise.
Two different programs so no issue about applying for a TRV.

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Any update?? Did you contact IRCC? I’m here on same boat.
I am assuming you had included both parents on the Interest to Sponsor form. So when you get invited you can let IRCC know that only 1 parent will require to be sponsored. It says on the letter of invite - "If your information (other than your email address) has changed since you submitted the Interest to Sponsor form, complete your application with your updated information and include a letter of explanation and proof of the change(s)."

Reactions: Nvnsuri

Shankar Iyer

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
I would suggest apply for visitor visa before submitting pgp file. There have been cases where visitor gets refused if pr file is underway.
This sounds like a good advice to me, I have heard from immigration consultants that applications with conflicting intentions can influence the decision of IRCC with regards to one or both applications. PR is an intent to live permanently in Canada which is contrary to a travel visa where you try to show that at the end of your trip you will return to your home country.

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
This MF Trudeau and that ass hole Immigration minister , I don't know who are the ass holes who elected this shitty face minister of immigration ...
You do realize this is still a liberal party. Once it becomes conservative on next term, there might be no more parents sponsorship!

Reactions: Canadadream2009

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You do realize this is still a liberal party. Once it becomes conservative on next term, there might be no more parents sponsorship!
Yeah, I'm not sure why people don't get this. While the way the current program is structured isn't the greatest, immigration policies are always more favorable under a Liberal government. Conservatives consistently reduce and/or tighten immigration policies. People who want the Liberals out should be careful what they wish for.

Reactions: darpan.aneja

Akhil Ravi

Oct 12, 2023
Hai I have a question about “Number of dependent “, we are a family of 3 - Me , my wife , and my child. Me and my wife both working and child under 5 . I would like to sponsor my mother so ,for income requirements how many dependents I have ? Is that 2 or 3 ? (Since my wife is working and she is also co signing my application)
Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hai I have a question about “Number of dependent “, we are a family of 3 - Me , my wife , and my child. Me and my wife both working and child under 5 . I would like to sponsor my mother so ,for income requirements how many dependents I have ? Is that 2 or 3 ? (Since my wife is working and she is also co signing my application)
Thanks in advance
Assuming your mother is single or widowed, you need to meet LICO for 4 people. You and your wife can obviously combine your incomes.