+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

shaazdeh

Jan 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have another question regarding my parent’s biometrics; they renewed their visitor visa last year and have biometrics still valid for 9 years. Do we have to get them to give biometrics again for the PGP PR application or the previously done active biometrics can we reused with a letter of explanation?
The Government of Canada says anyone applying for permanent residence will need to give their biometrics and pay the fee regardless of whether they have provided biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application or a different application for permanent residence

Reactions: YVR123 and ashiashi

ashiashi

Mar 12, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
The Government of Canada says anyone applying for permanent residence will need to give their biometrics and pay the fee regardless of whether they have provided biometrics in the past to support a visitor visa, study or work permit application or a different application for permanent residence
Thankyou, that is helpful info

Soshians

Jul 8, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I have a question hope to find answer here. They said their goal is to give PR to 15k but they are inviting 24k, so how they choose from this 24k applicant? Is it random? Or depends on who complete the application first?

D1n0

Feb 6, 2023
Hi Everyone,
I have a question hope to find answer here. They said their goal is to give PR to 15k but they are inviting 24k, so how they choose from this 24k applicant? Is it random? Or depends on who complete the application first?
It is random, also the previous invitations from the pool will not be invited.

ashiashi

Mar 12, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Hi Everyone,
They invite 24k from the pool in the hopes of atleast 15k being able to submit successful and completed applications, a lot can make them refuse an application- based income admissibility, medical, incomplete application etc, so they invite more to atleast be able to meet the target for the year(15k)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Everyone,
No they invite 24k, and only about 15k will be eligible after review of applications. Many are not eligible due to not meeting LICO, failed medical, parents passed etc.

Reactions: YVR123 and ashiashi

rajakaali

Dec 6, 2017
No way to check. If your email has not changed then you just wait. So do you meet LICO for 2020, 21 and 22. Those are the years and you said you did not qualify in 2020 or 2021.
I have met LICO for all years...but I think you need to live in Canada for a minimum of 3 years so you have filed your taxes etc and be eligible to sponsor.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have met LICO for all years...but I think you need to live in Canada for a minimum of 3 years so you have filed your taxes etc and be eligible to sponsor.
Yes you need to file taxes for all the years as you submit NOA to show LICO for the total number of people in your family including parents.

Reactions: rajakaali

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Looks like many people with starting 2 numbers are invited today. Anyone got invited with 3C? Have been waiting for many years now.