+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Everyone,
I got the Invitation to apply for PR through 2023 Parents and Grandparents Invitation, I have doubt in filling the form IMM5768 13th and 14th option. Since I have incorporation and I pay myself as a employee of my Incorporation. What should be entered in option called GROSS INCOME/ BENEFITS FOR PERIOD.
Kindly help me finish this form. This form is very complicating.
In no of family members, should I include my in-law who I sponsored for super visa previously.

Thanks in advance,
RAJ
It's your personal income (on your NOA) . NOTHING to do with your incorporation. Since you knew that you want to sponsor your parents since 2020, I hope that your company has been paying enough income to you.

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hi Everyone,
I got the Invitation to apply for PR through 2023 Parents and Grandparents Invitation, I have doubt in filling the form IMM5768 13th and 14th option. Since I have incorporation and I pay myself as a employee of my Incorporation. What should be entered in option called GROSS INCOME/ BENEFITS FOR PERIOD.
Kindly help me finish this form. This form is very complicating.
In no of family members, should I include my in-law who I sponsored for super visa previously.

Thanks in advance,
RAJ
I hope your own company has been paying you(-rself) on a regular basis and satisfy the 3-year LICO requirement. At the end of the year, what is/are your Notice of Assessment (or NOA) sent by CRA to look like?
I have a friend who is owner of his own corporation, opt to pay himself $1 and the rest with stock option (or something like that)... Ain't gonna work!

Reactions: YVR123 and canuck78

ashiashi

Mar 12, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Got an invite for my parents this morning at 10:11 EST, I am over the moon as I lost all hopes and was planning to apply their supervisa

I have a quick question, do my parents have to give any language test to be considered for PGP category of PR

Karan0506

Jul 23, 2015
Hi everyone…how is the income requirement calculated…I have a new born in 2023 and the income cut off is till 2022…do we need to include my newborn son in the total family members for the income from 2020 to 2022 or not?

Karan0506

Jul 23, 2015
Got an invite for my parents this morning at 10:11 EST, I am over the moon as I lost all hopes and was planning to apply their supervisa

I have a quick question, do my parents have to give any language test to be considered for PGP category of PR
No language test required for parents and grandparents program

Reactions: YVR123

ashiashi

Mar 12, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
No language test required for parents and grandparents program

thanks for a prompt response, I asked because I saw this on the guide while going through the questions of primary applicant (my parent)

>>>>><<<<<
Test from a designated testing agency to assess English or French

Approved testing agencies include:

• IELTS
  • CELPIP
  • TEF
  • TCE
>>>>><<<<<

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone…how is the income requirement calculated…I have a new born in 2023 and the income cut off is till 2022…do we need to include my newborn son in the total family members for the income from 2020 to 2022 or not?
You must continue to meet LICO based on your family size throughout processing. So you’ll need to meet LICO for a slightly larger family for 2023, 2024, etc. until processing ends. IRCC seems to request proof that you continue to meet LICO if your income is close to income required for the past 3 years if there is a change in your circumstances like job loss, illness, change in your family size through children or other sponsored family member, etc. For example if your family has been making double the income required for the past 3 years there is less concern than if you were within less than 5k of meeting LICO for the past 5 years.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just asked question on behalf of my friend who have the same situation as he was sure that letter would make him qualify.
I myself do have enough income for 2020 - 2021 and 2022 just waiting for good luck!!
It does appear that you didn’t meet income for 2019 and unclear for 2018 so you haven’t qualified to be part of the EOI for 2020.

ashiashi

Mar 12, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
I have another question regarding my parent’s biometrics; they renewed their visitor visa last year and have biometrics still valid for 9 years. Do we have to get them to give biometrics again for the PGP PR application or the previously done active biometrics can we reused with a letter of explanation?