+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

kevinmanojkumar1990

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Hi I having issues checking my confirmation number. The selection works for everything but B-Number and C-Number everything else shows something mine starts with B5 but when I select B and Number and click continue it doesn't work. I have tried different browsers and different pc/phones and nothing it doesn't work for me. Could someone check to see if selecting B and Number and clicking continue yields any results. Thanks.
Same, Mine is C1 and does not work...

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Are you able to see the B-Number page? any number at all because for me is not showing anything
I am getting this once selected Letter B, instead of list

If you’re not invited to apply
Parents and grandparents can visit for extended periods
If you’d like your parents and grandparents to come to Canada, they may be eligible to apply for a super visa which could let them stay in Canada for 5 years at a time.

Parents and grandparents visiting on a super visa can also apply for 2-year extensions to their stay while still in Canada.

Reactions: find_anand

ps2207

Sep 20, 2023
Need some help clearing out some doubts -
1. The application form 5768e, I have filled out the information but the form does not let me sign it electronically, do we need to hand sign it? I downloaded the form from the additional documents section So I am hoping it to be the most recent!
2. My dad had his passports renewed recently and so I am attaching both his passports in one pdf, all pages of current passport and stamped pages of previous passport? is this the correct approach? do I need to mentioned anything else in the same pdf like contents of pdf?

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
I am looking for some feedback.
I am sponsoring my mom dad and they have a dependent kid (15 years old).
My questions are:
1. whom I shall make a primary applicant? (FYI There is no way to see what I wrote in interest form)
I am asking this "God Forbid" if one of them passes away and what will be their option.
does this affects if the family size reduces and something happens to principal applicant.
I know it might be bad question but I have seen this happening around me and other parent gets stranded just bc the principal applicant is no more alive.
2. CIC also mentions that both parent can create the separate file so if I go to that route then under whom should i put the dependent child?
3. As an eligibility, do the sponsor has to live in Canada for the whole time?
Like before applying, during the process of PR for parents and even after that (like for 20 years).
I am very confuse for this part. what if I move to another country? what are my options?
4. If I have a co signer so do the co signer also has to stay in Canada as I mentioned in Q3?

Many thanks in advance.

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
1. The application form 5768e, I have filled out the information but the form does not let me sign it electronically, do we need to hand sign it? I downloaded the form from the additional documents section So I am hoping it to be the most recent!

Ans: Fill, Print and sign with black pen.

2. My dad had his passports renewed recently and so I am attaching both his passports in one pdf, all pages of current passport and stamped pages of previous passport? is this the correct approach? do I need to mentioned anything else in the same pdf like contents of pdf?

Ans: I will do the exact same thing. All passports front page and all stamped pages.

Reactions: ps2207

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am looking for some feedback.
I am sponsoring my mom dad and they have a dependent kid (15 years old).
My questions are:
1. whom I shall make a primary applicant? (FYI There is no way to see what I wrote in interest form)
I am asking this "God Forbid" if one of them passes away and what will be their option.
does this affects if the family size reduces and something happens to principal applicant.
I know it might be bad question but I have seen this happening around me and other parent gets stranded just bc the principal applicant is no more alive.
2. CIC also mentions that both parent can create the separate file so if I go to that route then under whom should i put the dependent child?
3. As an eligibility, do the sponsor has to live in Canada for the whole time?
Like before applying, during the process of PR for parents and even after that (like for 20 years).
I am very confuse for this part. what if I move to another country? what are my options?
4. If I have a co signer so do the co signer also has to stay in Canada as I mentioned in Q3?

Many thanks in advance.
1) Even if the primary applicant is alive but became vegetable, it will be a challenge to have him to land first or have the other spouse to land together.
2) I think if mom and dad are separated
3) Yes, the sponsor has to live in Canada for the whole time (and maintain LICO) until the parents landed and became PR
4) Yes, same applies to co-sponsor

Sbabusu

Nov 2, 2015
Hello fellow members.
I have used the same email address - sxxxx@gmail.com while submitting "Interest to sponsor form" back in 2020 Oct for my parents also for in-laws. I also got two confirmation numbers. But I have no details of which confirmation number is for parent and which one for in-laws .
last week I have received Parents and Grandparents Program Invitation for one of the confirmation.
Now I am in a confusion to understand for whos' this invitation is for ? .
Called CIC customer care and they are not helpful .
Also not able to find the information in cic portal as well.
Any tips and recommendations ?
thanks in advance.

ps2207

Sep 20, 2023
Hello fellow members.
I have used the same email address - sxxxx@gmail.com while submitting "Interest to sponsor form" back in 2020 Oct for my parents also for in-laws. I also got two confirmation numbers. But I have no details of which confirmation number is for parent and which one for in-laws .
last week I have received Parents and Grandparents Program Invitation for one of the confirmation.
Now I am in a confusion to understand for whos' this invitation is for ? .
Called CIC customer care and they are not helpful .
Also not able to find the information in cic portal as well.
Any tips and recommendations ?
thanks in advance.

Similar Case,However we have received both the confirmations. your wife is probably the sponsor for your in-laws and you the co-signer, that invitation will have your wife's name and your name will be on the invitation letter for your parents.

Reactions: Munnimehek

Sbabusu

Nov 2, 2015
Similar Case,However we have received both the confirmations. your wife is probably the sponsor for your in-laws and you the co-signer, that invitation will have your wife's name and your name will be on the invitation letter for your parents.
that make perfect sense ... the invitation letter address to my name. So I would safely assume its for my parents.

many thanks for quick response.

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Can sponsors be a representative as well and put their name in the IMM 5476 form?
Yes, Sponsor can be a representative as well. That is what I did with my parents file in 2021 draw and IRCC has no issue with it. I am going to do the same now with my in-laws application too.

asif_add

Oct 16, 2023
I am fortunate enough to receive my parents and my in-laws invitation from the same pool of 2020 :)
I received invitation for my parents back in Oct 2021 - they got PR in Dec 2022.
Now my spouse received invitation for my in-laws in Oct 2023.

I am not an expert but have great experience with the PGP PR process and will try to help this batch.

Good luck everyone!
Hi Chintan,
I got the invitation and in process to apply
I have 4 kids and there are only 3 lines in section 12 of IMM 5768, how to add the 4th child name in section 12

amitengg1017

Apr 5, 2019
I am getting this once selected Letter B, instead of list

If you’re not invited to apply
Parents and grandparents can visit for extended periods
If you’d like your parents and grandparents to come to Canada, they may be eligible to apply for a super visa which could let them stay in Canada for 5 years at a time.

Parents and grandparents visiting on a super visa can also apply for 2-year extensions to their stay while still in Canada.

Mine starts with B6 . Can't find the number in the page

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
I am fortunate enough to receive my parents and my in-laws invitation from the same pool of 2020 :)
I received invitation for my parents back in Oct 2021 - they got PR in Dec 2022.
Now my spouse received invitation for my in-laws in Oct 2023.

I am not an expert but have great experience with the PGP PR process and will try to help this batch.

Good luck everyone!
Huge Congratulation Chintan! If you remember me I was in 2021 draw.

Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
1. I had the form printed, signed and scanned, just to be safe

Hypatia

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
App. Filed.......
15-06-2020
Invited on Oct 12th, and submitted the application today. I have been told it takes a year to get your AOR. If someone could please chime in. Thanks!