+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program (PGP) 2023

ywg

Oct 23, 2023
Category........
FAM
Hi Guys,
File submitted Oct 24, is there any tracker excel sheet some one is maintaining for PGP 2023. please share the link.
Thanks

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
IMM 5768e needs to be printed and signed if you authorize the IRCC to pull info from CRA . That part we can't electronically sign
I agree with you. Apparently I was trying to follow the IRCC guide 5772 where they mention to sign electronically, but when I tried to sign it doesn't let me. I will print, sign and scan to upload it.

Reactions: Hypatia

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
My father, the PA in our application has worked in 3 different countries from 90's to 2010..his old passport is missing and there is no way to get exact dates of travel.

My question is can we not show the travel history? If not, what to do with the dates and will we need to get pcc from these countries? Which might be not possible.

Countries are Saudi Tunisia and Tanzania

Please help..really confused
You have to list travels taken in last 10 years only. so if he has taken trips between 90 to 2010 - you don't have to worry about it.
Mention all trips from 2013 till now.

mws87

Aug 3, 2016
Hi I have 3 questions while filling out the forms.

1. For PA - General application form (IM0008) - In this web form under the personal information section they ask for the country of residence and later ask any previous country of residence in the last 5 years where you have "lived" for more than 6 months (in total and not just in a row). If my parents have been visiting me to Canada on super visa and have stayed with me for more than 6 months (in total), does it qualify as "living" and do I have to list Canada as a country of residence for them? if yes, do I have to list the multiple visits they have made here individually?
  2. For Sponsor - IMM5768 -
    • Q14/Employment history for Sponsor - I will provide my employment history in this table but what do I put in the last column "Family Size"? Is this the family size I maintained during the employment history period or do I need to include my parents as well who I am sponsoring under the PGP 2023 application? They were not dependent on me financially during the period.
Appreciate any response on the above

Nedi27

Star Member
Oct 19, 2023
I have a question in our application our principal applicant will be our mother and her dependent will be our dad. My dad had a first marriage and his wife died, he had a daughter (22 years old not in Canada). In our application under my mom she have a step child and my dad had previous relationship. We have the necessary documents like previous marriage certificate and death certificate of his first wife, but the problem is their are spelling issues in the certificates (old files and typewriter mistype). The correction will take a long period of time and we already want to submit the application cause this is the only issue we have. Can we just finish and send the application and wait for IRCC to ask us about the misspelling, while we are processing the correction?

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
1) Even if the primary applicant is alive but became vegetable, it will be a challenge to have him to land first or have the other spouse to land together.
2) I think if mom and dad are separated
3) Yes, the sponsor has to live in Canada for the whole time (and maintain LICO) until the parents landed and became PR
4) Yes, same applies to co-sponsor
[/QUOTE

I think I found the answer to Q1 as well.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-circumstance.html

sood2038

Oct 25, 2023
Hello. I received an invitation this year after a long wait. Can I create an online account (to fill online forms) myself from Canada OR my mom has to create the account from India? Thank you.

sood2038

Oct 25, 2023
Hi Guys,
File submitted Oct 24, is there any tracker excel sheet some one is maintaining for PGP 2023. please share the link.
Thanks
Hello. I received an invitation this year after a long wait. Can I create an online account (to fill online forms) myself from Canada OR my mom has to create the account from India? Thank you.

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Hi everyone - I received invite on October 13, 2023. We are family of 3 me, my wife and one kid. We expecting our second child next week. Does it make sense to wait for the child to born and then submit the application. As family size will increase from 3 to4. I am sponsoring my mother and father. In that case, our family size will be 6 right? Also my wife will be my cosignor. So in imm5768e form under employment history do I mentioned that my wife currently on Mat leave. I have checked LICO requirements and we both have income required for family size of 6. Also, under employment history family size will be 6 for the current period. All preview period it will be 5. Is that correct? Please advise.

manhar1985

Star Member
May 22, 2015
You can create from Canada and upload all the forms. Make sure you fill representative form where you as a sponsor representing principal applicant.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hey Heli!!!
Glad to see you here back. Thank you so much. Did you also receive the invitation second time?
Hi chintan
My parents are here since 2011, I sponsered them back in 2005. 2021 my in laws got in draw and got PR in February 2023. So now I don't to need to worry about parents sponsership.
I hope your inlaws file also process quick like year 2021.

faaarii

Oct 11, 2023
Hi chintan
My parents are here since 2011, I sponsered them back in 2005. 2021 my in laws got in draw and got PR in February 2023. So now I don't to need to worry about parents sponsership.
I hope your inlaws file also process quick like year 2021.
Helo Heli,

Can you please confirm about the residency requirement for the sponsor. Since your both parents got PR so you will know better.
Like do the sponsor has to live for the whole time in canada? Can spnsor move to US during the process or not?
And is it only for the duration of application? and once parents become PR you can move?
I am a bit confuse about this given the primary residential address would remain the same.
Thanks