+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Farin.m

Nov 30, 2023
Hello all, Do you know if we need to get a PCC from Canada as well if the parent has resided here (Canada) for more than 6 months a visitor?

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
1st AOR on 28-07-2011, 2nd AOR 23-08-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
Hello all, Do you know if we need to get a PCC from Canada as well if the parent has resided here (Canada) for more than 6 months a visitor?
Yes. Parents lived anywhere for more than 6 months needs to provide PCC from that country including Canada.

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
Hi,
I received letter in portal requesting PCC along with RPRF fee. We have already submitted full fee including processing fee, RPRF and biometrics when we submitted application initially. Is this standard format of the letter or we need to pay fee again? Has anyone else received similar request?
thanks.

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
No you do not. In some cases, IRCC can request PCC from Canada for specific reason (they need finger print to make sure the record they obtain is actually the PA, not someone with same name and birthday...etc. We don't know the real reason. )
So you only need to provide PCC from Canada when it's specifically requested. In general, no, you do not.

Reactions: kg_bang

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012

advutasamanya

Aug 3, 2014
Hello all,

I have got 2 updates on my parents' application.
1. 17th October - Final decision - 17th October - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made
2. 18th October - Received pre-arrival service letter.

I have not heard anything after that. It has been 6 weeks now. Has anyone experienced anything similar ?? What can be the possible cause of delay and when can I expect next update ?

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge.
yes same here. My application is in this status since 12th Oct and no update after that.

prospective102

Feb 12, 2023
Hi all, Can anyone who submitted their parents PGP application please help with the following query?

Do parents need to scan ALL pages (empty ones too) of their passport OR only the Bio page and stamped/visa pages?
P.S: The file size will increase if we include all the empty passport pages as well.

Will it be accepted if parents scan and upload only the Bio page and stamped/visa pages?

Thanks!

Naytov

Jan 11, 2021
Hi all, Can anyone who submitted their parents PGP application please help with the following query?

Do parents need to scan ALL pages (empty ones too) of their passport OR only the Bio page and stamped/visa pages?
P.S: The file size will increase if we include all the empty passport pages as well.

Will it be accepted if parents scan and upload only the Bio page and stamped/visa pages?

Thanks!

I scanned all pages, and then decompressed PDF

Yes you will loose a bit quality, but as per my case they didn't ask anything since I upload all paperwork on November 7, 2022

prospective102

Feb 12, 2023
I scanned all pages, and then decompressed PDF

Yes you will loose a bit quality, but as per my case they didn't ask anything since I upload all paperwork on November 7, 2022
Thanks for your response. I'll try that then. Hope compressing the pdf goes under 4mb.
So Dad's passport(all pages) under 4mb should be uploaded and then upload a separate pdf file of my Mom's passport (under 4mb), correct? Both don't need to be combined into 1 pdf?

Also, in the guide 5772, it says to upload the Passports for each person being sponsored under “Additional supporting documents” in your online application. However, there is an upload section called "Travel documents/Passports" in the PR Portal under Supporting Documents. I was thinking to upload parents' passport in "Travel documents/Passports" and Sponsor's Canadian Passport in "Proof of Status" (both under Supporting Documents and not Additional supporting documents).

Naytov

Jan 11, 2021
Thanks for your response. I'll try that then. Hope compressing the pdf goes under 4mb.
So Dad's passport(all pages) under 4mb should be uploaded and then upload a separate pdf file of my Mom's passport (under 4mb), correct? Both don't need to be combined into 1 pdf?

Also, in the guide 5772, it says to upload the Passports for each person being sponsored under “Additional supporting documents” in your online application. However, there is an upload section called "Travel documents/Passports" in the PR Portal under Supporting Documents. I was thinking to upload parents' passport in "Travel documents/Passports" and Sponsor's Canadian Passport in "Proof of Status" (both under Supporting Documents and not Additional supporting documents).

Yes you need upload to Travel Documents and separately for each person

extra documents you can add to additional supporting documents

prospective102

Feb 12, 2023
@Naytov Hi! Also, if you could help me with the below question,

The PGP checklist states "A copy of the exact status in Canada document you submitted with your Interest to Sponsor form must be included with your application"

The sponsor had submitted the interest to sponsor form with PR card at the time, and now the sponsor is a citizen so he had to destroy his PR card. He has a copy of the front side of the PR card but not the back. Is this an issue if the back side of PR card cannot be uploaded? Do we need to submit a letter of explanation for this? Sponsor will be uploading his Citizenship certificate along with his Canadian Passport.

Thanks

prospective102

Feb 12, 2023
Hi all,

Is it okay if my parents have gaps in education? There's a 2 year gap between Secondary education and Intermediate. We are showing no gaps in Personal History section in the last 10 years (most recent), however I wanted to know if gap in education is fine or would it create a problem for the application.
Thanks!!!