+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone.

I am new to this forum. I got the IRCC invitation to sponsor my Mom on the 17th of October. I also met the three years income. But the problem now is that I temporarily moved out of Canada to join my husband working outside of the country but our family will be returning latest by January 2025. We are Canadian citizens and all my siblings are residents of Canada ( citizen and Permanent residents). Our mom has been the only one in our home country shuttling between her home country and Canada being a widow.

Now my question, can you please advise if I can still submit her PR application since I met the financial aspect even though I am currently out of the country( left Canada July 2023) and I worked full time in health sector. My siblings also met the financial aspect as well. Please advise me on what to do.

Thanks.
You have a tough choice here. If you do not move back and start living in Canada, your PGP application could be refused.

btw this is the PGP 2023 discussion.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-grandparents-program-pgp-2023.822196/page-77#post-10664966

good luck.

JR Bains

Aug 26, 2023
Got email to provide current status of the applicant in 7 days and i did the same. today marks end of 7 days period but didnt got portal confirmation of pr request as of now.. anybody in same boat?
"Please provide the requested information within 7 calendar days to ensure there are no undue
delays.
Confirming your permanent residence using the portal
In the portal, you’ll confirm that you and your dependants (if applicable) are in Canada, provide.................................
Next steps:
 As the principal applicant, you’ll act on behalf of your dependants (if applicable). If you
would prefer your dependants to have their own accounts, please indicate so in your
reply to this email and provide their valid email addresses.
 In your reply to this email, copy and paste the template below and fill in the information
for yourself and for each member of your family (if applicable). If you are not sure of
the exact date(s) of your entries to Canada, you can provide your best estimate. IRCC
requires this information in order for us to create a Confirmation of Permanent
Residence document for you (and your family members if applicable) and to create an
account for you to become permanent resident(s) through the portal.

 Name as it appears on your passport:
 Height in either centimetres or feet and inches:
 Eye Colour:
 UCI:
 Personal email (one for the whole family):
 Current residential address (apt #, street #, street name, city, province, postal
code) :
 Personal phone number:
 Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
 Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
 Location of last entry (which Canadian border or Canadian airport):
 Are you currently inside Canada (yes or no):
 If you are not inside Canada
o When is your expected return date (YYYY/MM/DD):
o In which country are you currently located:
Good luck! I hope everything goes well !I am waiting for final step.

Reactions: gggss

JR Bains

Aug 26, 2023
Guys! On this past Friday, submitted old school documents, ration card, pan card, old passport copies, adhar card, voter card. I wonder after this what would be the next step? And how long would it be when they ask to submit the passport to print visa from Chandigarh or New Delhi?

Reactions: wizardofwest90210

anupjoginder

Star Member
Nov 9, 2022
Hi everyone finally received email, submitted photo and address.thanks to all of you who guided me time to time. This group helps me lot. Thanks to everyone & Admn , once again.

Reactions: Sowriyab

gggss

Apr 16, 2023
Guys! On this past Friday, submitted old school documents, ration card, pan card, old passport copies, adhar card, voter card. I wonder after this what would be the next step? And how long would it be when they ask to submit the passport to print visa from Chandigarh or New Delhi?
you will submit it in chandigarh, and they will post it to your address via bluedart courier.. little trick pay the courier some TIP so he will deliver ur parcel asap!!! otherwise he will do his job according to his continence... and u seems frm chandigarh.. me too..
i'm still waiting to get virtual landing as I'm waiting for their reply in email to login to pr portal... its been 3 days past their deadline they gave me... and im waiting after submitting it..

Reactions: JR Bains

JR Bains

Aug 26, 2023
you will submit it in chandigarh, and they will post it to your address via bluedart courier.. little trick pay the courier some TIP so he will deliver ur parcel asap!!! otherwise he will do his job according to his continence... and u seems frm chandigarh.. me too..
i'm still waiting to get virtual landing as I'm waiting for their reply in email to login to pr portal... its been 3 days past their deadline they gave me... and im waiting after submitting it..
Thank you for your reply! Hope you will get your virtual landing soon .
Do you know the time duration post submission of medical , pcc , and old school dicumbets ration card? Will they request passport in one month or two month? It’s. Just my mom passed away in august this year and dad is alone left in Punjab India

gggss

Apr 16, 2023
Thank you for your reply! Hope you will get your virtual landing soon .
Do you know the time duration post submission of medical , pcc , and old school dicumbets ration card? Will they request passport in one month or two month? It’s. Just my mom passed away in august this year and dad is alone left in Punjab India
So sorry to hear that kinda same thing happens with me. Lost my father in 2021. My mom is here on super visa. U r looking 1-3 months max. U can email me or call me two four five zero nine zero one. Prefix alberta code!

Reactions: JR Bains

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Seems a bit quiet here these days. I see the tracker still mostly empty from december 20th onwards. After a 2 year wait, our parents were able to get the visit visa...who knows why such a long wait. I believe they were waiting for some 3rd party clearance. This was beyond our understanding because they were able to get the US visa approved in 2 days. Should we send the acceptance letter for visitors visa approval onto the portal? Does this have any benefit to getting the PR processed quicker since we presume they passed some kind of a clearance in order to get the visitors visa after 2 years? Please let me know. Thank you!

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
I hope we had no PPRs for the past 3 weeks? our application is duly complete with everything including PCC, Meds, Govt work experience etc, we even received pre-arrival, no ppr yet. Any one on same boat? our application is processed at Mississauga

akvermaa362

Mar 11, 2023
I hope we had no PPRs for the past 3 weeks? our application is duly complete with everything including PCC, Meds, Govt work experience etc, we even received pre-arrival, no ppr yet. Any one on same boat? our application is processed at Mississauga
Me, i even got final update on November 10 saying application is under processing. Waiting …….

sameer19

Star Member
Mar 12, 2022
Same boat hope will get something soon.

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
Seems a bit quiet here these days. I see the tracker still mostly empty from december 20th onwards. After a 2 year wait, our parents were able to get the visit visa...who knows why such a long wait. I believe they were waiting for some 3rd party clearance. This was beyond our understanding because they were able to get the US visa approved in 2 days. Should we send the acceptance letter for visitors visa approval onto the portal? Does this have any benefit to getting the PR processed quicker since we presume they passed some kind of a clearance in order to get the visitors visa after 2 years? Please let me know. Thank you!
It wouldn't hurt to try as it seems as though folks with supervisas are getting through faster. This is mostly likely because they have a valid medical and PCC on file.

Reactions: wizardofwest90210