+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
I have a question, if any of you were in same situation.

I got portal 1 email on Aug 15, and portal 2 email on Sep 05. For PGP you create portal at the beginning when submitting an application, to give a consent to representative. When CIC sent me portal 1 email requesting information, I sent them my regular email but I realized the portal was made on my college email. I resent them email with correct email next day. But they sent me portal 2 and added a case to wrong email that was sent first. Anybody else in the same situation. Now I have to get it fixed to my college email. I have sent the webform. Agents on the phone said they cant really do anything about it as portals are totally different department.
As long as you have access to the portal using the email from which the portal was created, it should be fine.
Just don't lose your password.

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Anyone here waiting for Medical I already submitted the Biometrics and pcc's and waiting for medical. I have submitted pxc and other documents on June 22 but received nothing after that.

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
Anyone here waiting for Medical I already submitted the Biometrics and pcc's and waiting for medical. I have submitted pxc and other documents on June 22 but received nothing after that.
My Bio was completed on July 31 but I am still waiting on PCC and medical. The file was transferred from Mississauga to Montreal so I'm unsure if that will cause a delay.

Charan1313

May 6, 2019
Sent from VFS Jalandhar on 31st August. Received by IRCC Office on September 4. VFS Jalandhar staff told it takes around 7-12 business days for all process. Hopefully you will get an update this week.
Did you received any update after IRCC received your passports?

LADI852

Sep 7, 2023
Hello everyone, i submitted my mother-in-law's file on Dec 12, 2022. i didn't receive any email regarding Sponsorship approval yet. Last time they asked for one form to be hand-signed, but after that nothing yet. Did anyone in Dec second week received update??

Seedorf_20

Jun 1, 2022
I am from Quebec,
my timelines are :

Invite : Oct 17 2022
Applied: Dec 4 2022
Sponser approval : May 1 2023
Biometric : May 3 2023
CSQ approved: June 22 2023
Additional doc request: June 27 2023
Medical reqeust: July 14 2023
Medical passed : July 28 2023
That is great, thank you for sharing :) happy for you :)

ksdarji

Feb 22, 2023
kindly update - they sought aadhar card and election card of principal and dependent on 20th August and submitted 21st August 2023.

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Hi, can someone please let me know what status is this application in?

Application Status:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: wizardofwest90210

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hello we submitted additional documents that they wanted. HOwever, in the application, we do not see a status change it still says "
  • We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.
"

They sent an email and we responded, but its been over 1 month since we sent and no update on the system. We called and the agent says documents have been uploaded for agent review. Shouldn't the system be updated so as applicants we have documentary evidence that we submitted requested documents? Its strange how their system is organized.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hello we submitted additional documents that they wanted. HOwever, in the application, we do not see a status change it still says "
"

They sent an email and we responded, but its been over 1 month since we sent and no update on the system. We called and the agent says documents have been uploaded for agent review. Shouldn't the system be updated so as applicants we have documentary evidence that we submitted requested documents? Its strange how their system is organized.
This status will change only when the case officer reviews the documents.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
This status will change only when the case officer reviews the documents.
Thank you. We submitted additional documents the day after we received their email. They gave us 30 days to get it addressed. Now its crossed, hence getting a bit worried. If they at least said it was received on the system ready for officer review, it would have been a peace of mind. I wonder how long it will take from here on forward. We submitted our application on December 20th. Since they have asked for more documents does it mean that they approved the sponsor? Thanks

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Thank you. We submitted additional documents the day after we received their email. They gave us 30 days to get it addressed. Now its crossed, hence getting a bit worried. If they at least said it was received on the system ready for officer review, it would have been a peace of mind. I wonder how long it will take from here on forward. We submitted our application on December 20th. Since they have asked for more documents does it mean that they approved the sponsor? Thanks
They will send an email to the sponsor with a letter informing him/her that the sponsorship approval has been provided.

Lucifer Yang

Feb 27, 2017
Hi, I also submitted on Dec 20. Nothing heard from IRCC since AOR. When did you receive an email asking for additional documents?