+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hi, I also submitted on Dec 20. Nothing heard from IRCC since AOR. When did you receive an email asking for additional documents?
June 1st week: we had received request for completed and signed IMM 5768 form again (I think this was the AOR?),

August 1st week: Received letter to send sponsor's and sponsors parents school records . (we responded back in one day)

monopoly

Sep 8, 2023
Hi, we (primary applicant + 1 dependent) applied for PR under parents sponsorship last year. Unfortunately, dependent suffers from cancer and hence they have requested additional medical tests 3 months from now. Previously too dependents super visa was not approved (possibly due to same reason). Considering this we are wondering if primary applicant PR process can be separated from dependent application? For example, can we request, primary applicant medical alone to be considered and process the primary applicant PR immediately. At a later stage, if additional medical tests come positive for dependent, then dependent PR can be processed?

Charan1313

May 6, 2019
Guys, sorry to post again but I’m getting worried….

Anyone received a PPR for their parents, shipped and received passports back from IRCC, New Delhi…..Please share the total days it took at IRCC.
I am asking this as its been 2 weeks now and no new update after receiving at IRCC.

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
Hi, we (primary applicant + 1 dependent) applied for PR under parents sponsorship last year. Unfortunately, dependent suffers from cancer and hence they have requested additional medical tests 3 months from now. Previously too dependents super visa was not approved (possibly due to same reason). Considering this we are wondering if primary applicant PR process can be separated from dependent application? For example, can we request, primary applicant medical alone to be considered and process the primary applicant PR immediately. At a later stage, if additional medical tests come positive for dependent, then dependent PR can be processed?
I have similar experience for visit visa of my brother-in-law and his family. He applied for his complete family together, his visa was approved but office refused other family members on financials ground.

Based on this experience I am assuming that IRCC review all applicants separately, although all of them would have applied together, but they may update the decision (positive or negative) of all the applicants together.

Reactions: monopoly

aminY

Mar 21, 2018
Hi all,

My parents just received a pre-arrival letter. they have already passed the medical exam on Aug 2nd and the document request was 1-2 months before the medical exam. Does anyone know what this pre-arrival letter means? They are in Canada, and the pre-arrival letter talks about stuff they can do before coming to Canada.

Thank you

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Hi all,

My parents just received a pre-arrival letter. they have already passed the medical exam on Aug 2nd and the document request was 1-2 months before the medical exam. Does anyone know what this pre-arrival letter means? They are in Canada, and the pre-arrival letter talks about stuff they can do before coming to Canada.

Thank you
Congrats, next step is virtual landing as they are already in Canada. They won’t have to submit their passports for stamping. IRCC will send an email with further instructions. Hoped sooner than later.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
the primary applicant can’t be separated. Either both your parents can get PR or both get denied.

Reactions: monopoly

UgaBuga

Aug 28, 2023
Hi all,

Thank you
Congrats! What is the background check status now? Did it change when you received the pre arrival?

gggss

Apr 16, 2023
Received pre arrival on aug 23 since then nothing. Dec 22 applicant. Applied on dec 9 aor march 3.
medical passed.Applicant is in canada. When to expect ppr now? Or should i raise web form.

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
Hello everyone, i submitted my mother-in-law's file on Dec 12, 2022. i didn't receive any email regarding Sponsorship approval yet. Last time they asked for one form to be hand-signed, but after that nothing yet. Did anyone in Dec second week received update??
Same here just aor and additional information

monopoly

Sep 8, 2023
I have similar experience for visit visa of my brother-in-law and his family. He applied for his complete family together, his visa was approved but office refused other family members on financials ground.

Based on this experience I am assuming that IRCC review all applicants separately, although all of them would have applied together, but they may update the decision (positive or negative) of all the applicants together.
Thanks, in a worst case scenario, are we allowed to remove the dependent application, so only principal applicant is processed ?
the primary applicant can’t be separated. Either both your parents can get PR or both get denied.