+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

dixo

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Many people receive Sponsorship approval letter in which they have mentioned where our file is .
Oh right, mine says Mississauga too in the sponsorship approval letter thanks dpatel.

Already extended supervisa insurance now don't want to extend it again. it costs lot of hard earned dollars hopefully will receive PPR before extending it again thanks,

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Any idea approx how long it takes after uploading documents to get the status updated? Mine still says “we need additional documents…” even after I have successfully submitted them.

Rick K

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hi guys,
My parents file moved to Vancouver office from Mississauga office. I live in Mississauga. Anyone have any idea why did it happen?

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Any idea approx how long it takes after uploading documents to get the status updated? Mine still says “we need additional documents…” even after I have successfully submitted them.
I submitted pcc on june 18 and from 22 june its saying we have received the additional documents you provided waiting for medical since then

Reactions: immg.applicant

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
There has been some update on our online profile. It was about receiving medical till yesterday, as below

Review of medical results - July 28, 2023:You passed the medical exam

I noticed today that it has changed to the following

Final decision - August 23, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Reactions: Sowriyab

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
There has been some update on our online profile. It was about receiving medical till yesterday, as below

Review of medical results - July 28, 2023:You passed the medical exam

I noticed today that it has changed to the following

Final decision - August 23, 2023:Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
You should get PPR soon then . may be on weekend .

Reactions: happyCanadian

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
i submitted my additional document ( Aadhar card , voter id and New passport ) on March 23rd but online status changed on July 28, 2023 - We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. In your case it may not take that long because in March my application was still at very early stage so may be that's why it took so long to change status !

Reactions: immg.applicant

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
i submitted my additional document ( Aadhar card , voter id and New passport ) on March 23rd but online status changed on July 28, 2023 - We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. In your case it may not take that long because in March my application was still at very early stage so may be that's why it took so long to change status !
I just checked and it shows "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.". I guess your response brought some luck with it.
I hope to get PPR soon, i have been stressing about the biometrics situation.

Reactions: dpatel08

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
You should get PPR soon then . may be on weekend .
Hi received a PPR however, we are not sure how to procced further. My in-laws are from visa exempted country and they have asked to send the passports' photocopies via online account. I do not see the section where to upload such and not sure if we can sent it via email.

ravi1

Apr 18, 2014
Yes as responded above. It's Dep's relationship to PA and your dad/mom is the PA for PGP. So they are asking proof of marriage of your parents. (Aadhaar and Voter's ID card)
Hello,
I just received Aadhar card and Voter ID for my parents but by Dad's Aadhar card & Voter ID doesn't have name of my mother showing as her wife. Will CIC still accept it as a proof of marriage?
Please advise

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,
I just received Aadhar card and Voter ID for my parents but by Dad's Aadhar card & Voter ID doesn't have name of my mother showing as her wife. Will CIC still accept it as a proof of marriage?
Please advise
Likely not. Do you have other proof? I am not familiar with proof of marriage documents in India.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hello,
Please advise
When they asked me for that document they wrote "Proof of relationship" technically this is not a proof of relationship but i think they pick that reason for every one . may be they do not even want a proof they are only using that to only collect the document ( Aadhar Card and Voter ID ) ,
So as long as you submit what they asked you should be fine , in my letter they clearly mentioned they need Aadhar card and voter ID and i submitted that for both parents and i had no issue . I already submitted the marriage certificate at the time of submitting the application . :)

This is what they wrote in the letter :

Proof of Relationship: As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID
card for yourself and your spouse. NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.
This must be received at this office by: 2023 / ** /**

Go123

Star Member
Sep 14, 2021
Hello,

I’m a Canadian citizen and I'm planning to sponsor my wife who lives outside of Canada. I have a question regarding the education. Does she need to submit the education certificates for PR spousal sponsorship application? Is it a requirement?

Thanks

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023
Likely not. Do you have other proof? I am not familiar with proof of marriage documents in India.
Perhaps they will accept, if your dad's name is endorsed in your mom's Indian passport. I remember I had to include my husband's name in my Indian passport years ago.