+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

deep037

Jul 19, 2018
Hello,
I have a question pertaining to PCC for my parents who are on Visitor's visa in Canada with me. (Indian Passport).

I have applied for PR under PGP and file was submitted in Nov 2021.
IRCC have sent a letter saying that they need PCC from India and updated Travel history (IMM5562) by 11/09/2023
I am wondering if i can get PCC done from Canada (Via bls) or if there is another way to get it any sooner? Will they accept application if applicant (My parents) are on visitors visa in Canada?
Please help
Thank you

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hello,
I have a question pertaining to PCC for my parents who are on Visitor's visa in Canada with me. (Indian Passport).

I have applied for PR under PGP and file was submitted in Nov 2021.
IRCC have sent a letter saying that they need PCC from India and updated Travel history (IMM5562) by 11/09/2023
I am wondering if i can get PCC done from Canada (Via bls) or if there is another way to get it any sooner? Will they accept application if applicant (My parents) are on visitors visa in Canada?
Please help
Thank you
I think it has to be via BLS , i don't see any other way you can get earlier since your parents are here . but lets see if some one in this group has got any other method .

Reactions: deep037

Saggi09

Sep 24, 2021
Hi Sorry my parents are in India and had their PCC done in India . if your parents are in Canada you can contact BLS to get the PCC done .
Hows the progress going on your application?

Have your parents recieved the COPR? and whats the status on their PR cards?

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hows the progress going on your application?

Have your parents recieved the COPR? and whats the status on their PR cards?
i have submitted passport on Aug 16th so it will take about a week or 2 to get it back , i think they send COPR with passport and you don't become PR until you land in Canada.

Dudu2012

Mar 26, 2015
Hi All,
is there any one else in this boat , whom file has been transferred from cpc-missisauga to Vancouver immigration office. did you find any update from Vancouver immigration office after file transferred ?. Its been more then 3 months file transferred and I have no update at all ?
My file was transferred in March 2023. No update.

ravi1

Apr 18, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I received this email today PGP 2022
Dep's Relationship to PA: t As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse. NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.
Are they asking Aadhaar Card & Voter ID for my parents OR my self and my wife.

ravi1

Apr 18, 2014
Same here - I am planning to send them whatever I do have, along with a letter of explanation.
I also got an Emi from CIC
After a preliminary review of your application, the following has been deemed required:
- NAME OF THE APPLICANT
> Dep's Relationship to PA: t As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse. NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.
Does this mean they are asking for Aadhar card and Voter ID for Parents or is it for Myself and my wife. Please advise
Thank You

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hello Everyone,
Dep's Relationship to PA: t As proof of relationship to your spouse please provide the Aadhaar and Voter’s ID card for yourself and your spouse. NOTE: Affidavits are not acceptable as proof of relationship.
Principal Applicant is your Father or mother . They are asking Aadhar card and voter ID of your Mom and dad both.

Reactions: ravi1 and YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello Everyone,
Yes as responded above. It's Dep's relationship to PA and your dad/mom is the PA for PGP. So they are asking proof of marriage of your parents. (Aadhaar and Voter's ID card)

Reactions: ravi1

JessyAvy

Aug 19, 2023
Hi, I received PPR for my parents this month but my parents are here in Canada so sent 2 webform requesting Virtual landing for my parents but all I received was an automated reply for my webforms but nothing related to virtual landing. It’s been over two weeks but no response yet so I want to know if someone else has been going through same issue and how long it usually takes to get reply for webforms apart from getting automated responses such as links to check your account and processing times. TYIA

throwawayquestion123

Dec 23, 2022
Hello there
I have got my sponsor approval letter on August 1st, and I was told that my file was transferred from Mississauga to Vancouver, despite me living in Ottawa.

1- I was wondering if anyone have experience with the Vancouver office, and why would they send my file there? Can I request the file to be sent back to Mississauga?
2- After the sponsor approval, and the fact that my parents are healthy without any criminal records, as well as they have had their super visa for the past 10 years and visited Canada. Are the next steps difficult to pass? or is it just paperwork that needs to be processed? Is there a chance my parents get rejected at this point?

Thank you for your answers!

EEMduShan

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Please update the tracker
PGP 2022
invitation received 14 October 2022
Application submitted 15 December 2022
AOR Received 13 March 2023
Missing Docs - IMM 5768 & IMM0008 - 13 March 2023
Proof of relationship (Voters card & Adhaar card) request - July 17, 2023
Sponsorship approval - July 19, 2023
Medical request - Aug 02, 2023
Medical submitted - Aug 05, 2023
Medical Passed - Aug 17, 2023
Pre arrival letter - AUg 17, 2023
Can you please send me a sample template of AOR? I received sponsor approval and submitted PCC, medical. Haven't received AOR yet.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
AOR you recieve it the first thing. There is no way you got the sponsor approval and havent received a AOR yet.
Can you please send me a sample template of AOR? I received sponsor approval and submitted PCC, medical. Haven't received AOR yet.
Just to clarify, there are a lot of us, including my case, where we never received AoR but received sponsorship approval (SA) email with letter attached. In my case after we submitted the application (early Nov) we received an email to send hand signed forms (early Dec), then biometric request (mid June), then police clearance certificates (late june), then SA email (day or two after pcc request) and then medical request (mid july).