+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Saggi09

Sep 24, 2021
Thank you i hope so too! I have a question that you may be able to answer from your experience thus with this process.

1. I received an email letter asking us to submit the additional documents such as old passports, school records but this letter never showed up in the GC Key linked profile. It still shows no letter. Therefore I emailed the records to them very promptly instead and followed up with them via an email if they have all the documents they need for officer review.

I find it odd that the letter does not still appear on the GC Key. Have u had any similar issues with ur own linked profile for the PGP application?

2. On the application it still says "
Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
"

So basically what I understand is that we dont have that final approval yet for allowing us to sponsor the PGP right? If so, what does the approval letter state that you received. How will we know if we have been approved for sponsorship? How long does this usually take. We submitted our application in the first week of December 2022.

Thank you for your guidance.
I was never able to connect my application with GCkey. Could never even check the status on e-cas.

However I was asked for additional docs after i was approved for sponsorship approval.

In my opinion, you dont have anything to worry about. Just need to be a little patient. I know it can be hard though!

• Love
Reactions: wizardofwest90210

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023
I am glad some of our 2022 applications are going so fast. From submitting documents to request passport it only took eight months. Wow! I am the one with one parent stuck in medical check, it may delay me at least four months for another medical check in my case. I am still happy with those applicants got approved. Hope my parents will go through everything smoothly too!
Don't worry. I am with you in the same boat. Applied just for my mom. Submitted application in Dec2022, more/same documents requested in Mar and Jul. Not even Sponsorship approval yet :(

Reactions: jessiezhai

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023
Hello, my mother’s application was sent on December 2022. She is here on a visitor visa and we sent an application to extend her stay, as part of that she got biometric letter. The question is will the biometrics will go also to her file for her PGP? Do I need to send a web form?
TIA
Yes. It is linked with your mom's UCI number and so it will automatically link. Biometrics are valid for 10yrs.

gxxl1234

Nov 20, 2016
Hi, I submitted the application for my parents in December 2022 with my old PR card which expired in April 2023. Now I have received my new PR card. Do I need to submit a web form to IRCC for my new PR card even though they did not request it? Thanks

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023
I was never able to connect my application with GCkey. Could never even check the status on e-cas.

However I was asked for additional docs after i was approved for sponsorship approval.

In my opinion, you dont have anything to worry about. Just need to be a little patient. I know it can be hard though!
Hi, I submitted
This whole business of linking the application to CIC account is driving me nuts. This is just a ridiculous process!

I have tried different combinations for several days. But still can't find the application. Even though I can check the application status via phone service.

Even more frustrating is the fact that you get only 5 attempts in day. After that you are locked out.

Why can't IRCC make it simpler?
I was in the same boat until today. I was able to talk to someone at IRCC and we did the linking with the person walking me through each answer I was entering. In my case I was entering my UCI instead of my mom's. Hope this helps.

Reactions: dpatel08

Sowriyab

Apr 14, 2023
Is it necessary to link the application ? Anyway we get an email form ircc when there is any changes in file. Someone pls reply. Thanks
No, you don't have to link. All communication will come to your email/mail if you dont link. My friend also applied for PGP 2022 for her in-laws and never linked. She got her sponsor approval and medical requests. So no need to worry about not able to link application. Hope this helps. :)

copy

Apr 20, 2023
I applied to sponsor my mom in Dec2022. Recd email on Feb 17th asking for resubmission of IMM 5406. AOR on March 3rd. No progress since then. Linked application using the exact info on AOR including caps. Status is 'Submitted" and the details say the application is being processed.
I heard that the ECAS status is more up-to-date but I am not able to find my application on it. Any pointers on how I can find the info on ECAS are welcome.

riizi

Nov 12, 2011
Hi All,
is there any one else in this boat , whom file has been transferred from cpc-missisauga to Vancouver immigration office. did you find any update from Vancouver immigration office after file transferred ?. Its been more then 3 months file transferred and I have no update at all ?