+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Iyan123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Hi All,
is there any one else in this boat , whom file has been transferred from cpc-missisauga to Vancouver immigration office. did you find any update from Vancouver immigration office after file transferred ?. Its been more then 3 months file transferred and I have no update at all ?
I am in the same situation. Nothing after sponsorship approval. You can see my timeline in my signature.

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
I applied to sponsor my mom in Dec2022. Recd email on Feb 17th asking for resubmission of IMM 5406. AOR on March 3rd. No progress since then. Linked application using the exact info on AOR including caps. Status is 'Submitted" and the details say the application is being processed.
I heard that the ECAS status is more up-to-date but I am not able to find my application on it. Any pointers on how I can find the info on ECAS are welcome.
Same here dec 19 applicant no update so far

aashamsi

Jan 9, 2013
Canada
I sponsored my father and applied on dec 22nd and received sponsored approval letter on Aug 2nd.

I have the following questions.
- I lived in the GTA region, but Vancouver is assigned as visa office. I know Mississauga may have enough load but why they transferred there instead of some nearby office?
o As per the tracking sheet several applicants have Vancouver as VO so are they also living in GTA region?
o Will it add any delays to the processing?
- I have appointed an agent or representative for PGP application, and I know I can't link the application to my account unless removing the representation, and it's been more than 2 weeks since to get the acknowledgment but I am unable to check the status online. Is it because I have a representative or something else?

Jakedavid007

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Hi, I was asked to submit additional documents and since I can't connect my application to MyCIC account, I am choosing to send the documents via email. They have suggested Please include “PGP-SPR” and your file number in the subject line. When I sent the documents, I included the subject line as PGP-SPR xxxxx. Should I include the PGP-SPR in quotes before I enter the application number (as “PGP-SPR” xxxxx)? I have not received any confirmation email from CIC, so I would like to make sure the subject line format matters for getting a confirmation. Your guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

riizi

Nov 12, 2011
I sponsored my father and applied on dec 22nd and received sponsored approval letter on Aug 2nd.

I have the following questions.
- I lived in the GTA region, but Vancouver is assigned as visa office. I know Mississauga may have enough load but why they transferred there instead of some nearby office?
o As per the tracking sheet several applicants have Vancouver as VO so are they also living in GTA region?
o Will it add any delays to the processing?
- I have appointed an agent or representative for PGP application, and I know I can't link the application to my account unless removing the representation, and it's been more than 2 weeks since to get the acknowledgment but I am unable to check the status online. Is it because I have a representative or something else?
Hi , I am in the same boat. My parents files transferred from Mississauga to Vancouver in June 2023 . I have checked with few friends with similar transfer case from 2021 pgp . the average response time for next reply from Vancouver after transfer is 3 to 4 months.

Reactions: aashamsi

Pkg123

Aug 18, 2022
Please update the tracker
PGP 2022
invitation received 14 October 2022
Application submitted 15 December 2022
AOR Received 13 March 2023
Missing Docs - IMM 5768 & IMM0008 - 13 March 2023
Proof of relationship (Voters card & Adhaar card) request - July 17, 2023
Sponsorship approval - July 19, 2023
Medical request - Aug 02, 2023
Medical submitted - Aug 05, 2023
Medical Passed - Aug 17, 2023
Pre arrival letter - AUg 17, 2023

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Please update the tracker
PGP 2022
invitation received 14 October 2022
Application submitted 15 December 2022
AOR Received 13 March 2023
Missing Docs - IMM 5768 & IMM0008 - 13 March 2023
Proof of relationship (Voters card & Adhaar card) request - July 17, 2023
Sponsorship approval - July 19, 2023
Medical request - Aug 02, 2023
Medical submitted - Aug 05, 2023
Medical Passed - Aug 17, 2023
Pre arrival letter - AUg 17, 2023
Congrats!!! So happy to hear. Can you please let us know what they check for in medicals? Thanks and best of wishes to you and your family reunification.

deep037

Jul 19, 2018
Yes it should be used for PGP application as well . after you give biometric wait for couple week and it should be updated for PGP as well. if you don't see that on-line send then the webform .
I am in the same boat as you are...IRCC has requested PCC for my parents and they are here in Canada.Can you please advise how you got the PCC done here in Canada?

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
I am in the same boat as you are...IRCC has requested PCC for my parents and they are here in Canada.Can you please advise how you got the PCC done here in Canada?
Hi Sorry my parents are in India and had their PCC done in India . if your parents are in Canada you can contact BLS to get the PCC done .