+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hello, I noticed that you did an upfront PCC, did IRCC have any issues with that? I'm thinking of doing the same.
I had no problem , when they send the sponsorship letter to me i got the PCC done and submitted through webform .
I gave them the PCC from the local police station which was actually not correct but somehow they accepted it , to get the correct one you must apply thru passport office ( See below link ) . i thought they will ask me PCC again so i got the new one too but they never asked ( So i did not submit ) . There was a wait time of about a month for us to get PCC from passport office ( In India , not sure about other country but follow the link ) . If you have got the sponsorship approval letter then get the PCC and submit it upfront.

PCC - How to get a police certificate – Immigration and citizenship - Canada.ca

Reactions: Lambo-s-LAW

Saggi09

Sep 24, 2021
Congrats! Seems like a seamless process for you. Any recommendations, suggestions, pointers for those that are waiting? We were just asked for old passports and school records of the sponsor etc. for PR application. Our parents visitor visa application is stuck in secondary clearance as well.
Thanks!

I was asked for similar documents like old passports and school records back in April. Its not a red flag, just a part of the process.

Just try to be prompt in responding to all the requests. Also I think the process moves a bit faster for people whose parents have already visited Canada on super visa or visitor visa. Since IRCC has some documentation already in their system.

So just hang tight, be on top of all communication and be honest. Hopefully, you will also get the approval soon!

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
I had no problem , when they send the sponsorship letter to me i got the PCC done and submitted through webform .
I gave them the PCC from the local police station which was actually not correct but somehow they accepted it , to get the correct one you must apply thru passport office ( See below link ) . i thought they will ask me PCC again so i got the new one too but they never asked ( So i did not submit ) . There was a wait time of about a month for us to get PCC from passport office ( In India , not sure about other country but follow the link ) . If you have got the sponsorship approval letter then get the PCC and submit it upfront.

PCC - How to get a police certificate – Immigration and citizenship - Canada.ca
Thank you so much. I have received the sponsorship letter so I'll go ahead and get the PCC for my mother.

Reactions: dpatel08

shar2022

Oct 16, 2022
Received pre-arrival letter. My parents are in Canada on TRV. I saw somewhere if you have pre-arrival and physically present in Canada then we can apply for OHIP. Is this true? Kindly advice, thanks in advance
Very good news. Are you parents done with Medical and Biometrics?

I doubt PGP can apply for OHIP after Pre arrival letter, I believe service Ontario will ask you for PR confirmation letter. But it's still worth to try.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
Received pre-arrival letter. My parents are in Canada on TRV. I saw somewhere if you have pre-arrival and physically present in Canada then we can apply for OHIP. Is this true? Kindly advice, thanks in advance
You can find who qualifies for OHIP here

https://www.ontario.ca/page/apply-ohip-and-get-health-card#section-2

I think you are referring to the below requirement, among several listed

To meet the minimum qualifications you must:

• be physically in Ontario for 153 days in any 12‑month period
  • be physically in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after you began living in the province
  • make Ontario your primary residence
and

You must also meet at least 1 of the following additional requirements. You:

• are applying for permanent residence in Canada and:
    • have submitted an application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and
    • IRCC has confirmed they have reviewed the application and that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply (see document requirements) and
    • you have not yet been denied
In fact, I applied under similar requirement around 14 years back, when I was student. Back then, you could apply for OHIP (at only few selected service ontario locations) with the printout of the AoR and drivers license. The location would reject it and guide us how to appeal. Once appealed (via mail), you would receive a letter suggesting you are eligible and you can use this letter with other documents to apply for OHIP (at only few selected service ontario locations). You will get the OHIP card ~3 months after the AoR reception date.

You only know when you visit service ontario and apply for it.

Last edited:

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
I am glad some of our 2022 applications are going so fast. From submitting documents to request passport it only took eight months. Wow! I am the one with one parent stuck in medical check, it may delay me at least four months for another medical check in my case. I am still happy with those applicants got approved. Hope my parents will go through everything smoothly too!

pk960

May 13, 2020
Category........
FAM
I am glad some of our 2022 applications are going so fast. From submitting documents to request passport it only took eight months. Wow! I am the one with one parent stuck in medical check, it may delay me at least four months for another medical check in my case. I am still happy with those applicants got approved. Hope my parents will go through everything smoothly too!
I have seen no progress for my application so far except aor. So i applied for super visa and now my father is stuck with medical issue. Even though there is no issue bit they asked another xray in 3 months time

Reactions: jessiezhai

jas_to_canada

Star Member
Dec 9, 2010
Toronto
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello everyone!

Do you guys know if we have to update IRCC if there is a Job change?

I know, we have to let them know about the Contact Info or Marital status changes.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Thanks!

I was asked for similar documents like old passports and school records back in April. Its not a red flag, just a part of the process.

Just try to be prompt in responding to all the requests. Also I think the process moves a bit faster for people whose parents have already visited Canada on super visa or visitor visa. Since IRCC has some documentation already in their system.

So just hang tight, be on top of all communication and be honest. Hopefully, you will also get the approval soon!
Thank you i hope so too! I have a question that you may be able to answer from your experience thus with this process.

1. I received an email letter asking us to submit the additional documents such as old passports, school records but this letter never showed up in the GC Key linked profile. It still shows no letter. Therefore I emailed the records to them very promptly instead and followed up with them via an email if they have all the documents they need for officer review.

I find it odd that the letter does not still appear on the GC Key. Have u had any similar issues with ur own linked profile for the PGP application?

2. On the application it still says "
Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
"

So basically what I understand is that we dont have that final approval yet for allowing us to sponsor the PGP right? If so, what does the approval letter state that you received. How will we know if we have been approved for sponsorship? How long does this usually take. We submitted our application in the first week of December 2022.

Thank you for your guidance.

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
Thank you i hope so too! I have a question that you may be able to answer from your experience thus with this process.

1. I received an email letter asking us to submit the additional documents such as old passports, school records but this letter never showed up in the GC Key linked profile. It still shows no letter. Therefore I emailed the records to them very promptly instead and followed up with them via an email if they have all the documents they need for officer review.

I find it odd that the letter does not still appear on the GC Key. Have u had any similar issues with ur own linked profile for the PGP application?

2. On the application it still says "
Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
"

So basically what I understand is that we dont have that final approval yet for allowing us to sponsor the PGP right? If so, what does the approval letter state that you received. How will we know if we have been approved for sponsorship? How long does this usually take. We submitted our application in the first week of December 2022.

Thank you for your guidance.
I have also received a sponsorship letter but no update on GCKEY.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
What does the sponsorship letter look like? This is something I am yet to receive, they asked for old passports, school records of sponsor. etc.
The letter I received says this "

XXXX XXXX
> Birth registration/certificate: Your birth certificate has been received as proof of your
relationship to the Principal Applicant and Dependent. Additional information is required. Please provide a copy
of yours and your parent's Passports and old school records."

This is not a sponsorship approval letter it seems.