+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

hm.solaiman

Apr 7, 2019
Guys I am not able to link my application. I have got email that I have passed eligibility for sponsoring my parents. Now I am waiting for Police clearance cert call, Medical and Passport call.

I do not know what is my application number is, I have UCI number from my Super visa application.

How can I link my application? Please help.

Luimaga

Jun 16, 2023
Hi everyone! I'm new here! I got my letter October 17,2022 to sponsor my parent and I apply Dec 6,2022. I just got a letter that I am approved to sponsor them and my process will be send to Vancouver inmigration office. Just wondering what happen next? I am anxious. i hve heard the process can take 24 months but somebody applied 2021 and her parents are in Canada now

Last edited:

Luimaga

Jun 16, 2023
Hi All. I live in Toronto ,ON , I received Sponsor approval letter couple of days ago , the concern is they moved the application to Vancouver for further processing depending on the application address . why not Mississauga office. Did any one else find the same situation.
Hi me too I hist got the same letter June 6. I am wondering why Vancouver . have you heard from this forum the same? I just got that letter but no medical exam or Biometric. my parents had super visa but its expired now . fid you get any biometrics order or medical exam?

Luimaga

Jun 16, 2023
Actually I receive two separate emails for parents, each have been individually
And if your father did provide biometrics within 10 years before, I would call them and ask or check CIC website, if you linked your account!

And check spam folder as well might be there
I hve a Question. If my parents provided 5 years ago biometrics for super visa, is there a chance that they do not have to do them again?

Last edited:

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hi everyone! I'm new here! I got my letter October 17,2022 to sponsor my parent and I apply Dec 6,2022. I just got a letter that I am approved to sponsor them and my process will be send to Vancouver inmigration office. Just wondering what happen next? I am anxious. i hve heard the process can take 24 months but somebody applied 2021 and her parents are in Canada now
process was better before 2021 after that it is taking long time . 24 month looks standard now . it was showing 36 month when we file in Dec . seems like they have clear some file after that . if our parents get PR before 24 month then we should consider ourselves lucky :)

riizi

Nov 12, 2011
Hi me too I hist got the same letter June 6. I am wondering why Vancouver . have you heard from this forum the same? I just got that letter but no medical exam or Biometric. my parents had super visa but its expired now . fid you get any biometrics order or medical exam?
Hi Congratulations, I was surprised why they moved the application to Vancouver immigration . I live in Ontario, my application was supposed to be process in Mississauga or London office but they forward to Vancouver , I haven't received any medical or biometrics after sponsor approval : I read on pgp 2021 forum and find out Vancouver office is very slow in processing . so lets hope for best and expect for least. all the best and keep posted

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Are applications with Valid visitors visa processing faster? I think those with super visa are being processed fast for sure. I have not received any approval letter for sponsorship yet.

Iyan123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Are applications with Valid visitors visa processing faster? I think those with super visa are being processed fast for sure. I have not received any approval letter for sponsorship yet.
My mother had a visitor visa (expired) and a valid supervisa and i am still waiting for sponsorship approval letter. I received AOR only.

nirvanas

Oct 17, 2022
Thing is it does says at your local police station but they dont like or accept that one lol

So
Bls and passport is only and good option !!
I am trying to get the online PCC appointment everyday in Amritsar via Passport Seva Kendra for the last 2 weeks and all the appointments are taken in 1-2 seconds. It's really pathetic. If anyway knows a way around, please do let me know.

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
This was my thought as well.
It does seem as if some processes would be easier as required documents may already be in the system.

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
My understanding is that the biometrics given for temporary visa are not valid for pr and the parents needs to give new ones for pr even if they had valid biometrics from temporary visa.
Well they didnt ask from us and we had that valid from visitor visa!!
2nd thing if they want then you will receive letter to do it both ways have to wait but i hope you updated in application when you applied

Reactions: Iyan123

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
My understanding is that the biometrics given for temporary visa are not valid for pr and the parents needs to give new ones for pr even if they had valid biometrics from temporary visa.
I disagree with that , if you have already done biometric , while filling out the PR and go to submit the Fee at that time they normally ask you and if you have already done biometric or not . If you answer Yes then they will not ask you to do it again.
Well they didnt ask from us and we had that valid from visitor visa!!
2nd thing if they want then you will receive letter to do it both ways have to wait but i hope you updated in application when you applied
Their system is advance now , my mom and dad provided biometric for PR application and after the bio metric was done i saw the Biometric was automatically updated for Super visa application as well. So as long as you have biometric in their system it should be able to connect to existing in process application i believe. both of my application was under different user ID and they are 2 separate account. I was surprise to see how they got connect to Super Visa application, i didn't expect that , i thought i will have to send a web form to let them know about biometric and update their record for super visa so i wont have to pay fee again .

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
I disagree with that , if you have already done biometric , while filling out the PR and go to submit the Fee at that time they normally ask you and if you have already done biometric or not . If you answer Yes then they will not ask you to do it again.

Their system is advance now , my mom and dad provided biometric for PR application and after the bio metric was done i saw the Biometric was automatically updated for Super visa application as well. So as long as you have biometric in their system it should be able to connect to existing in process application i believe. both of my application was under different user ID and they are 2 separate account. I was surprise to see how they got connect to Super Visa application, i didn't expect that , i thought i will have to send a web form to let them know about biometric and update their record for super visa so i wont have to pay fee again .
Its connected with uci so anytime we do application system find biometrics through uci automatically!!

Reactions: dpatel08