Sponsor Approval: Mar 30, 2023
Local Visa Office as per Sponsor Approval: Mississauga
Biometrics Req Date: Mar 24,2023
Medicals Req Date: upfront medical Dec 29, 2022
PCC Req Date:
Pre-Arrival Letter Date:
Passport Req Date:
Hi Lay,

I had a question re: upfront medical exam for parents. Did your parents do it as part of super visa or did they do it specifically for this PR application? My in-laws are leaving their home country in a couple of weeks to an extended trip to US and I suspect their medical request will arrive while they are in the US. I am trying to avoid doing it in third country and thinking of having them do an upfron medical exam. Is that possible? What documents do they need when they go for upfront medical exam?

Lay Tailor

Jun 13, 2018
Hi Lay,

I had a question re: upfront medical exam for parents. Did your parents do it as part of super visa or did they do it specifically for this PR application? My in-laws are leaving their home country in a couple of weeks to an extended trip to US and I suspect their medical request will arrive while they are in the US. I am trying to avoid doing it in third country and thinking of having them do an upfron medical exam. Is that possible? What documents do they need when they go for upfront medical exam?
My parents extended their stay in Canada as a visitor, so we were asked to provide medical for that. I am almost positive that we can still use same medical for their PR since validity is for a year.

Jamal2022

Oct 13, 2022
Hi guys, I have a question. I’m sponsoring my mother for a PR and I received the SA. We are now waiting for the PCC letter.

Just a few weeks ago my mother received a visitor visa to Canada that she had applied a year ago. She is planning to come to Canada as a visitor after she finishes both the PCC and the medical exam.

My question is, if she comes to Canada as a visitor and if IRCC issue her PR, douse she have to leave Canada and come back or IRCC can just change her status from visitor to PR while staying in Canada?

Lambo-s-LAW

Star Member
May 16, 2023
Hi guys, I have a question. I’m sponsoring my mother for a PR and I received the SA. We are now waiting for the PCC letter.

Just a few weeks ago my mother received a visitor visa to Canada that she had applied a year ago. She is planning to come to Canada as a visitor after she finishes both the PCC and the medical exam.

My question is, if she comes to Canada as a visitor and if IRCC issue her PR, douse she have to leave Canada and come back or IRCC can just change her status from visitor to PR while staying in Canada?
Can you please provide your timeline? Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

You can update IRCC after she comes to Canada. Depending on when is the PPR, you can have instruction to inform IRCC again at the point (or if they read you update, it should be already switched). She can land virtually while she stays in Canada. (and get eCOPR)

Reactions: Jamal2022

nirvanas

Oct 17, 2022
My grandfathers name is mentioned without the last name on my father's passport (first and middle name and no last name). I have already mentioned it in LOE. Should it be fine if I get the PCC with my grandfather's name on the passport (without last name)? If not, the other option is to get it updated on the passport first and then get PCC which will delay the process.

kang66

Jun 5, 2023
I have been asked for military service records for my father. does anyone know what to submit in military service records? my father was in Indian army. any help would be great.
thanks

Last edited:

livvyfolks

Jun 5, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have received a letter today for ineligibility for the following reason:

Pursuant to regulation 133(1)(j)(i), you do not meet the minimum necessary income requirement.

The thing is I immigrated in 2019 and started working in April of that year, and they assessed the minimum income requirement based on yearly income from 2019-2021. For the next two years, I earned income greater than the total threshold, so I do not see a reason why it should be rejected.

It had taken the option to send the application through in the event of application found ineligible, and they it was mentioned I could appeal. Hopefully, they are able to ask me my NOA for 2022, which would meet the income requirement.

Not sure if anyone have had the same issue, hopefully we can help each other.

Thanks.
i am on the same boat! for me it is because in year 2021 i was off on maternity leave, so obviously not have enough funds. But i haven't received any letter yet if i am approved or rejected as a sponsor. But from the looks of it, it is possible that i might be rejected like you. i wish they would have taken consideration though or an exception for us considering the circumstances!

livvyfolks

Jun 5, 2023
Hello

I have a question. I applied for my parents PGP sponsorship on 1st December 2022.But on December 20th I received a request to submit some forms,which I submitted on January 16th 2023.
Things been quiet after that..until yesterday I received a letter in mail.That reads as following

Dear my name

Immigration, Réfugiés
et Citoyenneté
Canada

This letter confirms that your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class was received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga on behalf of the following family members):

my father’s name

Please note that the following documentation will be required for your sponsorship application to determine whether you meet the minimum necessary income requirements to sponsor a parent or grandparent. In order to minimize processing daeyls, fi not already included in your application, please obtaina n dsubmit as soon as possible:
A completed and signed authorization form - IMM5768 - Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship providing your Social Insurance Number.
• fI you selected "Yes" to the Statement of Consent on this form and provided your Social Insurance Number, you authorize IRCC to request information from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) in regards to your, or the cosigner's (if applicable), income tax information for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received
date of yourapplication.
OR
• fI you selected "No" to the Statement of Consent on this form then you would need to provide in addition, a completed form - IMM 5748 - Income Sources for the Sponsorship of Parents and Grandparents and an original OPTION C-Printout for the three consecutive years immediately preceding the received date of your parents and grandparents sponsorship application. This document is not the same a st h eNotice of Assessment and the Option C available on your My Account.
The Option C document is available free of charge by calling the CRA. To obtain this document please call CRA at 1-800-959-8281.

what is this letter. I already submitted form imm5768 with initial application. And I still can’t check online status. Even though this letter application number starting from F.

please shed some light on this if possible.
Sponsored Person: Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: Philippines
Your Province: Calgary, Alberta
Invitation Date: Oct 14, 2022
Application Submitted Date: Dec 22, 2022
Additional Doc Req: (Name of form/s) + Date: IMM5669 has gap, Feb 28, 2023
Additional Doc Req: (Name of form/s) + Date: autho to see income, even if I already submitted that previously, March 10 2023

same here! they also asked me that, despite the fact that it was already part of my original submission. Anyway i provided it again to them, though i have to do it again as i didnt see the one i originally submitted in my computer. Nothing yet after that.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Sponsored Person: Parents
Parents Country of Citizenship: Philippines
Your Province: Calgary, Alberta
Invitation Date: Oct 14, 2022
Application Submitted Date: Dec 22, 2022
Additional Doc Req: (Name of form/s) + Date: IMM5669 has gap, Feb 28, 2023
Additional Doc Req: (Name of form/s) + Date: autho to see income, even if I already submitted that previously, March 10 2023

same here! they also asked me that, despite the fact that it was already part of my original submission. Anyway i provided it again to them, though i have to do it again as i didnt see the one i originally submitted in my computer. Nothing yet after that.
I think they are giving you a chance to proof that you have sufficient income to sponsor your parents.
Regardless of life situation, you need to meet the LICO to sponsor. They already allow to include EI from maternity leave.

livvyfolks

Jun 5, 2023
I think they are giving you a chance to proof that you have sufficient income to sponsor your parents.
Regardless of life situation, you need to meet the LICO to sponsor. They already allow to include EI from maternity leave.
i do agree with you. they even adjusted the LICO to reflect challenges with the pandemic. so chances are, i will really fail this bid. oh well..